Maniac-Eyes Malifaux Paintings

Maniac-Eye

Hi Guys,

i hope Newbs are also welcome for present their work process. I've started with this hobby in Sept 2016 and learn with every Model. Hiere are my first pics with a bether camera I've made. I've you have tips, pls tell me this too. i hope you enjoy the pics. I'm happy with the result

Greetz Maniac-Eye

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 2

Are you started painting SEptember 2016. If yes, you have awesome results!

I would strongly recommend in painting the rim of the bases black. All colors influence each other. With black you have a neutral surrounding.

• Like 1

Hey,

although the brushwork itself seems a little bit rough (at least what I can see based on the quality of the photos) the colours/tones you have used fit together nicely - which I find more important than super-clean brushwork. You even did blacklining, though I'd not use pure black but more a very dark grey. Black is often to 'hard'.

Concerning the bases, I agree with Butch, though in this case, they actually don't bother me as much. They kind of work for the chosen colours and the terrain. But the yellow(ish brown) would stand out too much on a grey terrain board for example, or if you used different colours, like blue, on your minis, it would probably look weird because of the contrast.

Hy together,

thx for your answer. This helps a lot. You said that the brush Looks to rough. How can i do it better. The theme with the blacklining seems logical. Next Time i try with a darkgey. I confirm that Black is to hard.

and yes, i've began painting sep. 2016 :)

thx again and see ya 

First of all, congrats for a that good paintjob when just having started.

Mhm, I'd need to see a single miniature in a non-blurry photo....but do you thin your paint down before painting? How much paint do you put on your brush (are you trying to paint one layer of paint to get the colour you want, or are you applying several thinner layers)?

Thx at all :)

Hmm... okay i seem i see what you are meaning. Ok lets see were is my mistake. 'm thinning my colors surely. But the most i do this, the color run down the figure. So I've started to thin less than before. I think i put really much color on my brush to get the color on my figure with 1 layer. only with bright colors like yello or lemongreen and so on, i have to put more layers on it.

Is it usually to thin the color and give the brush a short dry on a towel? so that less color is on the brush but enough to get some color on the figure?

(sorry for my broken english, but i'm from austria and it's long ago I've learned it.

Don't worry about your English, it's fine.

When you have loaded your brush with thinned paint, it is a good idea to tip the bottom part of the brush sideways against a paper towel. This way, most of the watery paint will get sucked out of the brush. Otherwise, if you don't 'unload' the brush, it will flow onto your miniature when you touch it with the brush. 

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1