What would you like to see in Chronicles?

As we start getting into 2017 I wanted to know if there is anything the Community is interested seeing in Chronicles this year. Interviews with Designers? More Stories? A preview page? Art from the Community? Is Chronicles perfect the way it is? Let me know!

• Like 5

Maybe an insight into game design: something along the lines of a short text explaining things like "why did we make Wokou Raiders so cool and why is Hodgepodge Emissary the best Emissary" from people who made the rules.

Oh, and pictures of Aaron would be nice, so far we've only seen his thumbs in TOS Kickstarter videos.

• Like 5

I'd love to see more 3-4p story encounters in Chronicles as those are great on gamedays where we have limited mats and plenty of interest.  I don't even care if they're particularly wonderfully balanced, so long as they're enjoyable.

Previews of upcoming content are always welcome.  I'd also enjoy some designer notes talking about the fluff and maybe giving some hints to caulking in the gaps there, to go along with the always cool additional fluff stories.

• Like 8

It is like Christmas every time a new chronicles come out, so it seems right to make a wish list:

·        Game Reports: like off the top of my head Nathan vs. Aaron (which would by default include more pictures of Aaron)

·        Pictures and Winners of the Iron Painters, Rotten Harvest, and any contest Wyrd held prior to the release of the issue 

·        Fan Art: great for inspiration and cool to see how people visualize Malifaux

·        More Painting and Terrain 

·        A fan driven FAQ: Questions asked by us; answered or deflected by you! 

While it is not related to content, and I know they are require a lot of time but one chronicle every month would amazing. 

I really do love to read it as is. This is just a Wish List because you asked! 

• Like 5

The article in the latest issue that covered the basics of the Neverborn masters - that was both enjoyable and informative - breakdowns like that are really helpful....model previews would be great...most of all I enjoy the stories as they help flesh out the world of Malifaux and inspire my paint table...am hoping that in future issues there will be stories from The Other Side as well

• Like 2

A few example tables with terrain defined for Malifaux and some Wyrd Staff battle reports would be cool (Word is there is some varying opinions as to who the best 'Faux player is in your ranks!).

Absolutely more multiplayer story encounters. 

Of course more short stories.

• Like 2

It'd be a one-shot column or series of columns, but something on the design process up to the community playtesting step would be cool. How does the idea for a model typically come about? How does Wyrd start fleshing out the basic statline for the model? How does Wyrd decide what abilities go on the model, especially in choosing between new and unconventional abilities and tried-but-true? (This goes for passive abilities, attack and tactical actions, triggers, heck - even damage spreads if you want to get down to the nitty-gritty).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, necroon said:

A few example tables with terrain defined for Malifaux

If this doesn't exist* it needs to. The verbal terrain guides get enough on the table to start with, but seeing some Wyrd-approved layout with every piece defined with its traits (and maybe an overlay with a ruler line or two, showing the length of this LoS lane or the width between these two features and how two 50mm bases or markers will block it entirely) would spark a great conversation. If I may request, a layout for Guard the Stash please, as it was invented after the terrain guidelines and there's fewer tables extant for it than for the other location based strategies.

*I only allow myself to get a new Wyrd Chronicles every few months so I don't read every scrap of fluff and never have any more to look forward to, so there's lots of back issues I haven't read yet. If I've missed one, please let me know what issue.

• Like 8

Very good ideas so far!

What I like:

- boards with terrain and maybe some explanation from the game designers

- interviews with game and miniature designers. What were there particualiar thougs on something etc.

- conversions are always good!

- battlereports (or single phases from games) with tactical tipps or explanation.

- generell tipps to the game (cards, activation etc) or single models or maybe a particular built.

I'm not into previews. We see them every Monday if necessary.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 5:17 PM, Memnaelar said:

I'd love to see more 3-4p story encounters in Chronicles as those are great on gamedays where we have limited mats and plenty of interest.  I don't even care if they're particularly wonderfully balanced, so long as they're enjoyable.

Previews of upcoming content are always welcome.  I'd also enjoy some designer notes talking about the fluff and maybe giving some hints to caulking in the gaps there, to go along with the always cool additional fluff stories.

So many times THIS! I could get this game played A LOT more if 3-4 player stuff was implemented. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I like the terrain articles.

How about a mini-series for a specific piece of terrain? I now the semi-monthly nature of the publication might be an issue, but an article in two or three issues of Chronicles detailing the building of a particularly ornate house/building or something might help us weekend-hobby-warriors follow along? The longer format could also make it easier to show more detailed steps and maybe even a printable template to use for certain steps? And then at the article conclusion a scenario or piece of fluff surrounding what we just built.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big fan of getting behind the designers,their inspiration for the models and their considerations. It would also be awesome to see how wyrd designs the expansions! 

The one thing I would die for is a peek behind the wyrd miniature production factory or design process.