Pins and dolls

EpicWaffle

5 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I'm not feagaur but I think so. Even though Iggy is nice I think that he is a bit expensive with the Merc tax. He is the best at stacking Burning but I really don't have problems messing up Hemmed targets without him.

I think that the absolute core for Zoraida is pretty small but she can build a huge variety of different lists. My favourite funny list is double Nurse+Moon Shinobi with Piglets and Lenny+Trixie. Not the most competitive but really fun. Three Waldgeists really changes the character of a list. Gracie + Lenny I already mentioned. Spawn Mother is interesting (remember to take McTavish in this case). First Mate, Fingers, Sammy - all have their place. And so on and so forth - the list goes on.

Oh, and remember Wisp's Call and Animal Form - a funny combo.

I was thinking about that Gracie Lenny combo and it's quite brutal if wel managed I suppose :D a lot of soul stones tho!

Main thing I'm liking about what I'm discovering through this post is that it looks like she works  better in gremlins than in neverborn :D I've always been quite resilient buying Zoraida because everytime I faced her , she just did nothing relevant aside obeying a model or two. Is actively play Somer and Zipp (definetly my favourite masters), but I'd love to play a fully control master too, and with brewie I have hard time catching the hens of it :|  Zoraida seems more suited to what I had in mind play style-wise

30 minutes ago, EpicWaffle said:
50 SS Gremlins Crew
Zoraida + 5 Pool
 - Crystal Ball (2)
 - Hex Bag (1)
 - Tarot Reading (2)
McTavish (10)
Spawn Mother (9)
 - Do Over (1)
Moon Shinobi (6)
Moon Shinobi (6)
Nurse (6)
Will O' The Wisp (3)
Will O' The Wisp (3)

So something like his could be a good idea to start off? I generally prefer to have a couple of models to start off when I'm trying new masters 

I've never used the Spawn Mother so idk there (I would swap her for something just because I'm not familiar with her) but what jumps out to me is that you've got too much for the nurse to do with her 2AP. Two moon shinobis and the doll means you're ideally wanting two :tome and a :crow. I'd probably drop one of the Moon Shinobis either for something generalist like a Bug, or another heavy hitter like Raphael or Francois, or even a couple of Bayou Gremlins if you're needing scheme running.

Only other big comment is that I've never had Hex Bag be worth the stone and upgrade slot. If I want to give Zoraida a (0) I normally look to Liquid Bravery but then that's matchup dependent.

33 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

I've never used the Spawn Mother so idk there (I would swap her for something just because I'm not familiar with her) but what jumps out to me is that you've got too much for the nurse to do with her 2AP. Two moon shinobis and the doll means you're ideally wanting two :tome and a :crow. I'd probably drop one of the Moon Shinobis either for something generalist like a Bug, or another heavy hitter like Raphael or Francois, or even a couple of Bayou Gremlins if you're needing scheme running.

Only other big comment is that I've never had Hex Bag be worth the stone and upgrade slot. If I want to give Zoraida a (0) I normally look to Liquid Bravery but then that's matchup dependent.

Now that I think about it you're right. I was already thinking about swapping them for maybe francois/Burt and a couple of stuffed just for activation control, or maybe a couple of rooster riders.

On 02/03/2017 at 11:04 AM, Flinroz said:

Here is a write-up I did after taking 2nd at LVO using exclusively gremlin Zoraida.

https://flinroz.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/my-experiences-with-zoraida/

Nice write-up, @Flinroz!  I'm just embarking on the Grem-raiden Odyssey myself, having just picked up her old metal box (+Doll). 

Two games so far, and i took basically the same crew both times.

The Nurse was great in one game, didn't get to do much in the other. 

The Rooster was hilarious... Got Obeyed into position by Zoraida, then charged into Lilith, bounced off into Lilitu, got wounded down to Rampage level by all the Black Blood, then hit Lelu on the second (1)AP charge. Did ~14 wounds before it died to Black Blood.

Samurai - i don't think he's worth it. Looks brutal on his card, but the fact is after all those positive fluid he gets on attack, you usually still end up on a :-fate for damage, and that's if you haven't already Black Jokered. It's nice that he can avoid damaging by being Obeyed to ask by Zoraida (thereby allowing his AP to go toward Walk, Focus & Defensive), but i can see from everyone's thoughts here they there's better things for Zoraida to be doing. Especially if you already have McTavish for ranged damage.

Hell - I don't know why I'm telling you guys all of this - i guess I'm just enjoying learning Zoraida, and reading about people's tricks with her :-)

• Like 2

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, daniello_s said:

Have anyone one tried 'Poison bomb' with Doll, Trixie and Performer? Doll Hem's opponent. Trixie uses her '0' AP action to stack as much Poison on Doll and Hemmed opponent as possible and then Performer uses Siren's Call on Doll and then enemy model.

Yes this works a treat

It just so happened that the opponent Black Jokered and I cheated in a Red Joker (this isn't necessary to be effective but was just a hilarious situation) and I expunged something like +14 Poison, which did the trick :mellow:.

There's something inelegantly elegant about a Trixiebelle/Performer double team

• Like 2