Time to kick porks and chug moonshine, and I'm all out of moonshine

EpicWaffle

On 2/6/2017 at 8:38 PM, goat90 said:

I feel the eratta put Lenny out of the running most of the time, he becomes a 9 point armor and rams on a stick. His throw is meh as for one more point you get the pigapult. He now is in contest with the likes of Bert, Franc, Trixie. 

I don t know, I mean I didn't valued much Lenny even before the errata. I think that models that performs well by them self and can actually have synergies with other models, rather than spending 9ss so that Ophelia can shoot every time with rams. I saw some potentials with mah pre-errata, that's it for me :)

What's the best tactics against Hamelin playing Somer?
My clubmate after loosing with Perdita and Journalists promised to get revanche with Hamelin.
Never played against him.

My main idea for set-up is to bring Lenny + summon 6-9 Bayous + take 1-2 taxidermisits and as much stuffed piglets as possible and just make huge blasty gunline with taxidermists getting wings from Skeeter killing rats in hth and summoning 2 stuffed piglets in a turn.

On ‎2‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 9:19 PM, EpicWaffle said:

@Math Mathonwy so i had a go with  Lenny and I must say, he didn't quite did much. I was against a dreamer crew and although I won, he simply stood there, creating 1 piglet and dealt a couple of damages to a summoned teddy before dying turn 3, so nothing spectacular. He might be good in certain situations, but  what I don't like about him is that by himself he won't do much, and to use him properly requires too much set up (making it not worth his cost). So my original opinion stays the same: he is slow,  doesn't deal any more damages than cheaper models like Burt, and his utility doesn't shine enough to make him that worth :D

Thanks for giving him a try - and sorry for it not working out!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

My clubmate after loosing with Perdita and Journalists promised to get revanche with Hamelin.

My main idea for set-up is to bring Lenny + summon 6-9 Bayous + take 1-2 taxidermisits and as much stuffed piglets as possible and just make huge blasty gunline with taxidermists getting wings from Skeeter killing rats in hth and summoning 2 stuffed piglets in a turn.

Note that Malifaux Rats are neither Living nor Undead so they don't drop corpse markers, so Taxidermists might not be the best idea if you were counting on having lots of corpses from Rats. If I knew I was going against Hamelin with Som'er I'd probably just bring Sammy LaCroix with Encouragement and have Som'er act as a blaster - drop a low Ram for Do It Like Dis and blast away with :+fates. It works incredibly well against models with Df 5 or lower, and Hamelin's thematic models nearly all have that low Df. A moderate Thinkin Luck hit will do 4 damage and a blast for 4 to one-shot a bunch of enemies. Bring Burt too and have him act as your frontline - suddenly Rats can't just take swings in the hope of stacking up Blight because he's got higher Df and with rams inbuilt from Som'er he can hit em back and potentially kill them.

Regardless if you really know you're going against Hamelin and you're cool to build specifically to counter, then you should almost certainly bring some condition removal. Johan maybe, but I'd just go McTavish with Mud Toss. Then his gun will also be a very consistent source of damage for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, green-n-dumb said:

@Dogmantra already gave some good ideas! To add up, i ll put down some good models against him:

Somer: being the master you want to play seems to me like a good start. He's really good against crowded boards because of his blast capability and good threat range. If you manage to focus shoot into a group of rats, your opponent can say bye bye to them. His discarding card is really good too, giving the fact that Hamlin has a bunch of ten to reach. In order to act, and might be good to throw on him Liquid bravery, so that he becomes stubborn (helps against pipes and bleeding) and his skeeters can boost other models wp(for the same reason). So aside a turn 1 summon,  I would focus on a very aggressive play style. Also don't forget his pig prodder! Not so hard to transform a rat in pig-food so that you can summon out of it.

Burt: great model in general, can deal with almost anything, awesome wp against blending diseases, and a good shooting for some blasts. I would add that his crackerjacks time action is really good to bunch up some models (you can force a couple of rats to transform against his will) to set up for blasting, while forcing some cards flips.

Lighting bugs: their rams and crow trigger on the Ca really helps against models that bunch up and against Nix (merris too can do the same). Their  0 generates a nice pulse too. 

Pigapult: no need to explain I guess! Putting some pressure from afar is not that bad.

Stuffed and Taxidermist: stuffed are a great solution for obvious reasons, and for taxidermists, I would use them to deal with Ratkings/Rat-catchers rather than waiting for corpses (and as @Dogmantrasaid, you won't see many from your enemy), since their attack is quite potent, and you can generate corpses from them which you can turn in stuffeds.

As a general guide line, I wound t focus too much on trying to outnumber him, but rather out-playing him. For my experiences, Hamelin's crew ap spam is generally generated thanks to a lot of "models-cycle" (and if you haven t take claim jump or you're playing in interference, they won't do much else) so if you can annoy him in that, you can focus on scoring rather than summoning (here Somer and Burt rocks). Avoid claim jump and any condition-based scheme cause his models are either immune (A&D is quite used with him too) or simply can sacrifice to deny you that (so no tail'em, accusation etc.), and focus on using your models in a way that he's gonna be forced to use important models rather than delaying it with rats/rat engine, so that it get easier to retaliate.  Good idea is also to spread around with bayous, so it gets harder for him to control what your models do. Condition removal can be good, but paying 10ss for it seems to me like a bit too much :( I would rather play around it and kinda "accept it" rather than using Mancha/mctavish ap just to remove it (and keep in mind your significant models have good stats, so it's  not that easy to stack it on them).

• Like 1

Hello again my green friends!
I'm pretty new player and i'm in a big trouble :D Hope to get your advice.
I can play in my local club once in a 1-1,5 month and after last gaming weekend and some winning streak now half of club players want to get my Somer blood, heart and other green parts off :D

Main danger now is Ramos and Rasputina. And if i think i can throw some Bayous to core Rasputina models to engage them and avoid shooting phase and take Merris for anti-blasts but i tottaly don't know what to do agains Ramos.
Played with him on last tournament an got tottaly screwes up - there was 30mm center marker strat and all that spiders just flooded the board so heavily.
So i'll very appreciate tips against those two masters.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:12 PM, green-n-dumb said:

Hello again my green friends!
I'm pretty new player and i'm in a big trouble :D Hope to get your advice.
I can play in my local club once in a 1-1,5 month and after last gaming weekend and some winning streak now half of club players want to get my Somer blood, heart and other green parts off :D

Main danger now is Ramos and Rasputina. And if i think i can throw some Bayous to core Rasputina models to engage them and avoid shooting phase and take Merris for anti-blasts but i tottaly don't know what to do agains Ramos.
Played with him on last tournament an got tottaly screwes up - there was 30mm center marker strat and all that spiders just flooded the board so heavily.
So i'll very appreciate tips against those two masters.

Wong is the go to master against ramos, but i would say that 2 lighting bugs should at least mitigate it. Cursed swines too.

Ramos is quite annoying, but try to put some pressure on him so he needs to stay back and select schemes that revolve around speed and ap efficiency. And take down his main models like joss and Howard (again, bugs are golden here), so that he s left with a bunch of minions. Also he's pretty card intensive in my expiriences, so abusing reckless+bayou two cards can be a good ide (you might deal one damage a time, but they have 4 wnds)

So, here I'm back from the tourney. as always with the report :) the event went great, lots of great people and i won all my games ending 1 :D so to get to the games:

Game 1 Somer vs Lilth (9/4)

Strat: Head Hunter (flank deployment) Schemes: claim jump,freame for murder, leave your mark, hunting party, tail 'em

My crew was:

Somer (family tree, do over, liquid bravery) 4ss

Skeeter

3x bayous

slop hauler

Lighting bug

Burt (d.c.)

Fingers ( on yer tip toes)

Merris

Pretty standard game, i chose claim jump and FFm (on a bayou), knowing I would had get 10pts. I focussed on controlling a corner, scored my claim jump and the original plan was to use nekima black blood to get full points from FFM, but he killed it with the doppleganger, so I ended up with 9 pts. For the heads, I just waited for him to come to me to kill my models (here's where fingers comes in play) or to kill his stuff once they would had got close and collect the head using the number advantage. Although it was a clear win, the guy was a good player, and it required some keen plays to assure me points and deny his ( unfornunatly i completly missed his ffm target, which was mr graves instead of nekima, a typical choice, so i gave him 2pts.). Had some quality time and was happy to meet the guy.

P.s.: i was expecting either a lilith or a pandora from the scenario settings, so liquid bravery helped avoiding to be perma paralyzed/having my models pulled away.

Game 2 Somer vs Pandora (10\4)

Strat: Interference (corner) Schemes: claim jump, frame for murder, accusation, search the ruins, mark for death.

My list was:

Somer  (d.c., do over, Family tree) 4ss

Skeeters x2

Bayous x3

Lighting bug

Burt (d.c.)

Merris

Pigapult

Stuffed Piglets x3

I picked claim jump and search the ruins since he brought to the table only 8 models (and three were 2 sorrows and the poltergeist). Merris scored full points of claim, three parachuted gremlins (with some air support from skeeters) denied his strat points and the pigapult softened up enough his models to be one shotted by somer and burt. They also managed to kick pandora's ass, killing her turn 3 with a triple critical (redjoker in hand to assure the hit) burt hit and some indirect blasts from Somer to follow up ( the rams were offered by a skeeter). He scored full points from ffm ( i hit his poltergeist with somer for sever on a straight flip but before i could cheat the damage, cause i knew it was the sucker, he already revealed his scheme so i left it slide, since the game was already decided anyway). Somer in interference is just brutal if you missposition and hurry to get to him.

Game 3: Zipp vs Sandeep (9\7)

Strat: Guard the stash (close deployment) Schemes: Claim jump, dig their graves, frame for murder, last stand, show of force

Crew i picked:

Zipp (hovering airship, rambling diatribe, gift of gab) 7ss

Earl

Iron skeeters x2 (poorly handled and airship spotlight)

Frank (do over, d.c.)

Burt (d.c.)

merris

3x stuffed

So, i didn't like the idea to play this scenario against an arcanist with somer. I could had gone for claim jump and frame, but it was too risky in my mind (especially in close deployment) and I didn't feel confident about it. So, i picked Zipp (luckly i managed to get a game with him before the tourney so i wasn't too rusty); I picked show of force (from which i scored full points) claim jump (merris did this solo close to an edge, so that if he wanted to den it, i could deny his strat points with zipp place) while he magaed to score full start points ( i missed the last one) and 3pts. from dig their graves. I must say, this game was way too close than i expected! Sandeep is a hella of a master, and the mobility he gives to his crew+his toolkin in general (between his ofeensive capabilities and summonings which is never a bd thing to have) is quite something (this was my 1 game against him), definetly a top tier pick for arcs! i lost iboth iron skeeters quite earlie thanks to some poor hands (and his being on fire), but regain some control thanks to frank killing 2 times banasuva before he could activate (since he coudn t cheat because of the command) and one-shotting cassandra with a 10 dmg hit (which also made him kill himself denying my opponetn's dig their graves). Really close game and probably the most intense game of the day (that's why I'm reporting thsi too, even tho it's not about somer), which made the first place feel even better :)

In conclusion, I'm very happy about the result and how confident I'm getting with somer as a solo master for tourneys. I'm happy to have brought zipp too with me, because I fell that somer in the last scenario would had been too much of an hazard, but still, I really can't feel as in control of the game with zipp as with somer, which definetly makes the latter a better pick for me.

Thanks to anyone reading, and any feedback is welcomed :D 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

No Liquid Bravery into Neverborn in the second game? You are far, far braver than I.

i knew i could play this out way safer. he had to walk at least 2 turns to get into threat range (well more a turn and a half) with pandora since i had everything 1'' out of her reach and the rest of the crew was quite slow. So I decided to leave burt and somer as frontline, since they really had to do nothing aside keeping dora busy (well she ended up dead).  My significant models for the scenario would had been all scattered around so liquid bravery woudn't had been that much usefull but, at the same time, it was hard for him to keep up with my models. So, while he coudn' t keep up the pace scheme wise (and the ffm target was gone), i softened up his crew with the pult and somer during turn 3 and had already settled up search the ruins at the end of the same turn :) in conclusion, since i wanted to play along all the map, liquid bravery would had just helped out Somer, while if he would had got paralyzed it didn't really mattered (and it's not that easy anyway) since i needed other models for points (and my opponent fell right into it).