February Chronicles

Lucidicide

Chronicles cover.jpg

February Chronicles is now available here.

• Starting Malifaux On A Budget - The Neverborn - Pick your master and learn how to build an effective crew in the second installment of a new tactics series.
  • Get to Know a Wyrdo - The Wyrdest of us interviews the newest of us, Kyle!
  • The Other Side... of Playtesting - Aaron talks a bit about his experience running playtesting.
  • Black Betty - An aspiring Showgirl must put on the show of her life or risk losing her life.
  • Starting a Station - Learn how to make a railroad terrain piece. 
  • Denial of Sanzu - In this Through the Breach adventure, the Fated begin a journey that will take them into the spirit world.
  • Cabin in the Woods - A Malifaux slasher Scenario... or a Malifaux 'trying to survive' Senario.

Brought to you by Lindsey!

• Like 9

I'd buy that cover as a poster in an instant.

Also, I can't begin to say how much I love the Cabin in the Woods scenario. it's just great. It calls on some strong themes of Malifaux, like the obvious horror elements, but also the Western theme (how many Westerns have the small ragtag group in a building shootout) while also paying homage to classic horror films.

The scenario itself looks to play out rather simply, but still evokes the feeling of those slasher films with a few special rules and tweaks. I can imagine several games now, like the ragtag remnants of a Latigo patrol in the badlands, holed up in a shack, surrounded by Nephilim, trying to get people out to call for reinforcments. You could include Tuco to make it extra thematic - getting revenge on his old brothers and sisters. Or even some Freikorps and/or Ronin in a run down building in a forest, surrounded by literal Nightmares coming to devour them.

I can't wait to give this scenario a run. Or three. Or four. It also makes a great scenario to sit beside the Night of the Carver on Halloween.

• Like 2