Bag O' Tools

jclark

I'd definitely be interested in using this for my event this year. 

Mybone question, based on seeing it in action at the LOEH event is, could there be a go live button for scores in the last round of events? It may only be me, but I really enjoy the tension after the final round is complete. The speculation over who did and didn't finish where, who go best in faction etc. and at LOEH everyone knew the full final standings before they were announced by the TO. It may not be possible to change, but I would be really happy it if were.

Also could there be the possibility for random table numbers rather than table 1 actually being on table 1 etc.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gitli said:

I'd definitely be interested in using this for my event this year. 

Mybone question, based on seeing it in action at the LOEH event is, could there be a go live button for scores in the last round of events? It may only be me, but I really enjoy the tension after the final round is complete. The speculation over who did and didn't finish where, who go best in faction etc. and at LOEH everyone knew the full final standings before they were announced by the TO. It may not be possible to change, but I would be really happy it if were.

Also could there be the possibility for random table numbers rather than table 1 actually being on table 1 etc.?

This is a feature we have planned for thr future. As of yet we do not have a timescale when it will be available but are 100% interested and commited in making this happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clousseau said:

Random table numbers is available, as used at LOEH

I know there were random table numbers at LOEH but when players followed it, the table numbers online didn't match the tables we were on as I recall. Just created a bit of confusion that it would be handy to avoid is all. 

13 hours ago, Gitli said:

I know there were random table numbers at LOEH but when players followed it, the table numbers online didn't match the tables we were on as I recall. Just created a bit of confusion that it would be handy to avoid is all. 

That bug was fixed for this release :)

• Like 3

I wanted to use it this weekend for CaptainCon but found it too hard to validate data quickly, especially during check-in. I think its a great tool just UI need some cues.

Feature Requests:

• When checking players at event start, "total number of players" would be good to see at the top.
  • Have a # next to each player so if you scroll down they're all numbered
  • Data validation, ensure players aren't entered in multiple times (matching on username/name)
  • When checking player at event start, the latest player added should be at the top to verify, having to scroll up and down constantly was cumbersome with 50 players
  • Would be nice to setup strategies, deployment, and schemes before an event (however not make them visible until the round pairings are displayed), if this is already possible I didn't see it.

Feature Questions:

• Not sure if this is possible since we reverted to our excel sheet, but is it possible to change values after a round starts if there is an error, can we go back?
  • Is there a way to manually adjust table matchups as to make sure clubmates aren't matched up against eachother first round?
  • Does the system follow a true Swiss pairings, or the Swiss-like pairings Gaining Grounds uses (i.e. players in round 1 may play again in round 4)?
  • How does it handle random drops? For example, I had someone get sick at the event...how does it handle that?

Bugs:

• When using a "-" in someones name it errors out. So Jean-Luc (or similar names didn't work). Not sure if this happens with other special symbols
  • When checking a player in that had already registered sometimes it wouldn't let me move them up to checked in, had to delete them and re-add them

I really want to use this software as I think its really a great idea. Can tell you guys put a lot of heart and work into it.  I played with it a bit before the event and it seems great. But when it came down to the actual event it was nice to be able to see all the data in excel easily. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi, so I was spying on some UK events and I loved it.

So, like, can I use it already? Will it generate csv for the rankings? (we`re using pol.malifaux-rankings.com)

First thought:

Right now the player selection uses the UK rankings. Would it be possible to set up different country rankings as "default ranking" for the player search?

During event registration what does "Time" stand for? Its not really clear.

Also, @PeregrineFalcon has some valid questions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using this for my tournament but I ran into the problem that I could only add one player for an event. When I wanted to enter a new player a box quickly appeared and then disappeared. I have tried this in Safari, Chrome and Firefox but they all gave me the same behaviour.

Is this a known error or is there something I am missing/doing wrong?

10 hours ago, Aeschere said:

I tried using this for my tournament but I ran into the problem that I could only add one player for an event. When I wanted to enter a new player a box quickly appeared and then disappeared. I have tried this in Safari, Chrome and Firefox but they all gave me the same behaviour.

Is this a known error or is there something I am missing/doing wrong?

I was just fooling around with this to prepare for future use and ran into the same problem.

5 hours ago, Khyodee said:

If a previous round had data incorrectly entered (say a player points this out after the fact), I'm not seeing a way to go back and fix the mistake.

Yeah I noticed this too. If a new round has started I wouldn't changed it but if it was an error before a round starts it'd be good to be able to fix. I agree. 

Hey, awesome work so far.

I just came up with two small enhancements:

How about adding numbers and symbols for the schemes and strats (for the symbols just a "R" for rams would be enough)

How about a including something like team protection for the first round, because we often are visited by other communities and we want to try to make games against people we don't know that well.

Greetings from Austria.

• Like 1

Hi all. I have been bust of late and not had a chance to inject and respond to all your messages. I will try and do that tonight. But it is great that there are so many people willing to give valuable insight and feedback.

Thank you all so much.

Cheers,

Jamie

• 7 months later...

The Tools looks very interesting, but it almost ruined my event today :(  I added players and type their names on Cyrillic (since we are running an Event in Russia). Player list looks good before the event, but in the moment i made fixtures for Round 1 it becomes like this (attached screenshots). Trust me, it's not the thing you want to see when the first round of tournament starts and 16 players are ready to play :) 

I do understand that Cyrillic is not the main language, but it's really weird that names was displayed as it should be before first fixtures.

bag-o-tools2.jpg

bag-o-tools1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/2/2017 at 12:48 PM, trikk said:

Hi, so I was spying on some UK events and I loved it.

So, like, can I use it already? Will it generate csv for the rankings? (we`re using pol.malifaux-rankings.com)

First thought:

Right now the player selection uses the UK rankings. Would it be possible to set up different country rankings as "default ranking" for the player search?

During event registration what does "Time" stand for? Its not really clear.

Also, @PeregrineFalcon has some valid questions

PM

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...