Protection from the Blood and existing conditions

Bengt

Question

Blood Ward upgrade:

Friendly models with the Warding Runes Upgrade gain the following Ability while within :aura10 of this model:

Protection from the Blood: This model is immune to Conditions caused by enemy models and damage from :pulse effects.

Immunity box (page 39/36):

If a model gains immunity to a Condition while it has the Condition, it immediately removes the Condition.

Imagine that the model with Warding Runes is further than 10" and gains a condition due to an enemy model, it then moves within 10" and gains the immunity. Does the condition remember that it was caused by an enemy model and drop off?

---

Spotted: This Condition is removed if this model is outside of Line of Sight of all enemy models at the end of its Activation. No Action or Ability can remove this Condition.

If yes to the previous question and the condition is "Spotted" would it be a case of an ability trying to remove the condition or has the Ability only helpfully provided a bit of immunity that in an unconnected way does all the work?

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bengt said:

Blood Ward upgrade:

Friendly models with the Warding Runes Upgrade gain the following Ability while within :aura10 of this model:

Protection from the Blood: This model is immune to Conditions caused by enemy models and damage from :pulse effects.

Immunity box (page 39/36):

If a model gains immunity to a Condition while it has the Condition, it immediately removes the Condition.

Imagine that the model with Warding Runes is further than 10" and gains a condition due to an enemy model, it then moves within 10" and gains the immunity. Does the condition remember that it was caused by an enemy model and drop off?

Imagine you're asking this about Poison.  A model gains a point of poison from a friendly model, and then a point of poison from an enemy model.  What caused the Poison +2 condition?

In other words, if you don't track the cause of the condition for schemes and strategies, why would you start now?

---

Spotted: This Condition is removed if this model is outside of Line of Sight of all enemy models at the end of its Activation. No Action or Ability can remove this Condition.

If yes to the previous question and the condition is "Spotted" would it be a case of an ability trying to remove the condition or has the Ability only helpfully provided a bit of immunity that in an unconnected way does all the work?

What's a trick question?  Especially since immunity to :pulse damage extends to damage caused by failing a duel in a pulse.

The ability can't remove the Condition by granting immunity to it.

This is something I'm curious about as well. The Immunity box is a core rule, but Protection from the Blood is an Ability. I've been treating it as gained immunity to enemy conditions, conditions drop, but it doesn't come up very long (condition caused by opposing model being the justification and my opponents accept that). If this is actually wrong, then I'll adjust play.

Since it is an ability (that is gained), I would be inclined to say 'no' in the case of spotted and accused (both use the same language)--but I realize that the ability grants immunity, which would remove it as a rule side effect, not as an ability (though I'm drawing a blank on abilities that remove conditions as opposed to actions that do that aren't immunity).

5 hours ago, Averlorn said:

So, I'll take this a little bit further due to an upcoming tournament: Does it also grant immunity to the paralyze of a failed Horror Duel? In my opinion no, because it's a condition you gain from an ennemy ability...Not sure however

Depends.   If it from Terrifying, no.  If it was from a action that said everyone within :pulse must pass a Horror Duel or gain paralyze, they would be immune to the paralyze condition if they are with :aura of Warding Runes Upgrade.    If would not again immunity to a paralyzed model if the model with the Warding Runes upgrade moved in range of the paralyze.

• Like 1