Titania 101

Seryjniak

So Titania is up for everybody to grab soon. What is your favorite combo with her ? I must say I love Titania + 2 1 SS upgrades (audience and behold) + black blood shaman. I don't know if I play this right but I tag her with black blood ability - pluck my opponent key models apart from the master into BtB with her and then black pustule the ST out of them. Please tell me that I'm not cheating because this looked so op on the table I must ask that its a valid tactic.

I like taking FGF and aether connection, 7 stones and throw her into the middle of enemy models. Her scheme marker wp duels and FGF can drain a hand or waste some good cards before they take a swing at her and even then shes reducing damage with stones and aether, and healing from scheme markers (thorn is.really helpful with putting scheme markers into the fray for more healing). Along with Barbaross to throw up challenge and FGF to maybe drain some more cards theyre a tough pair to dislodge

Queens champion is great if you can get it on Hannah, makes her even more durable and means she's pumping out scheme markers off the blasts.

Other than that I like to run the Mysterious Emissary with her to start summoning changelings and drop hazardous terrain for all the pseudo-lure in the crew.

Will have to give the black blood shaman thing a go. Might be dangerous though as I tend to have other models close to Titania to help out, like Insidious Madness. 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like putting 1-2 Sorrows behind her will pay huge benefits.  5 ss for an extra point of damage on all her WP duels (which are already doing 2 damage a lot of the time) seems super good.  10ss for 2 extra might be too much, but it also means models that fail a scheme marker WP duel are taking 4 damage right off the bat.  FGF would mean 2 duels for a potential 7 damage in magical christmas land.  But at the least, 5ss for an extra damage seems sweet.  I feel like Titania + Thorn + Sorrow + Widow Weaver is a very nice package to punish models that come within 8".  Another situation where you can bubble up, move to the center of the board, and just keep things the hell away.  20 points or so to make a zone of explody-ness.  Hell, it's almost worth putting Rapid Growth on her and dropping a Terror Tot in the mix.  Almost.

Another neat trick I've found is taking the mature nephilim (hopefully with Queens champion on giving him ++ve to attack and +2 armour and give him retributions eye), then getting the ram trigger on Titanias Bloody command to get the mature to push up to 8 and do a melee attack triggering his charge through and chomping his way through your opponents crew. It can come as quite a surprise that the model your opponent thought was safe at 16" away from the mature is suddenly dead.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Strangedane said:

New guy here, looking at getting the queen. 

Is there an upgrade for the mysterious emissary that requires/goes with titania, like the other masters have?

Also, a fluff question if I may, where, can I read about all the kythera events that it seems like she participated in? any other fluff regarding her?

Not at this time, no.

19 hours ago, Strangedane said:

New guy here, looking at getting the queen. 

Is there an upgrade for the mysterious emissary that requires/goes with titania, like the other masters have?

Also, a fluff question if I may, where, can I read about all the kythera events that it seems like she participated in? any other fluff regarding her?

There is no Conflux for her (yet) and the story of Nytheria was 2015 worldwide campaign. The Through the Breach Nytheria supplement has reproduced the whole fluff from the event and 

• Like 1

I like the idea of the Mature with her for "deal with him" but another thing I tried last week to great effect was with Teddy, being as his attack action has a built in suit trigger to push the model after, if you've got pounces around, you can chain 2, or more, attacks off the one AP from Titania.

• Like 1

I've gotten 6 games with Titania and I'me really enjoying her.  So I have a decent handle on her, but I don't consider myself an expert by any means.  Here's what I've figure out so far...

On Titania I always take Audience with the Queen and Behold my Glory.  Being able to pull someone out of position is too useful too often.  And her Taunt is a fantastic way to protect her crew, especially when you drop it on someone already engaged with other models.  Nature Claims all (or whatever it's called) is useful in some match ups, such as most Rezzers or Ramos, but not an auto include.  I've taken Aether Connection and I'm never disappointed in it, but I'm not sure it's necessary either.  I don't take Fears Given Form on her, because I rarely find enemies activating engaged with her, but that's probably because of my play style.

Titania for the most part is psuedo support.  She's taunting things, dropping markers, moving to hit as many people as possible with her Auras, pulling enemies in, pulling allies up, etc.  When the opportunity arises I'll use Bloody Command with a marker or two to finish a model off.  I pretty much ignore her top in damage, so it's a question of if I can kill something with the 2-4 minimum.

Every game I've taken Tannen with Malifaux Provides and he's a freaking rockstar.  He makes passing all the Simple Duels way harder when they have to discard to cheat, but it's also far more likely for the crews +6s to hit or their +5 resistances to protect them.  With the added protection of pulling up markers at the end of his activation for healing I've only had him die in one game.  Most of the time he's walking into position and then going Defensive to keep him as safe as possible.  I really cannot suggest him enough.

Of the Knights I don't get a lot of work out of The Claw.  He's fine, he does some damage and such but I'm never super impressed with him, so I've been leaving him out.  The Thorn and The Tooth, however are great.  Thorn has a big engagement so more models have to test for Slow.  And I mostly use her to pull a model early in order to play a marker next to them and then start swinging to generate extra cards.  Fate, however, doesn't like me so she tends to flip very poorly.  But that's not her fault.  The Tooth is my hitter and bodyguard.  She helps kill things near Titania while putting markers down to heal her.  

The Gorar is okay.  He mostly shines in the right Strat (guard the stash) and only if you have a decent number of minions to choose from so that whoever goes down is worth sacrificing him for.  In one lucky case I was able to squeeze in an activation from a near by Thorn who was close to death, she hit some things to draw me some cards, I companioned Gorar, who killed the Copycat in order to put a marker down.  After that my opponent killed the Thorn who resummoned and got another activation (albeit slowed).  But don't bet on that kind of thing happening a lot.  So I tend to take Primordial Magic.

I don't understand Aeslin, so I don't take her.

Her crew lacks punch, and I've found no better punch than Nekima with Fears Given Form and Malifaux Provides.  I use Titania to get Nekima where I need her to be, taunt anything that might hurt Nekima, and then Nekima kills things.  It's simple and it works.  I've not done Queens Champion because I haven't really needed to, and those 2 stones can get used elsewhere.  You can do this with one of the other big beat sticks, but even at 15 stones I don't think there's much else that can really compete.

I'm starting to test Graves, Rougarou, Performers, and the Mysterious Emissary (in various combinations) but haven't had enough games to really comment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HegemonyKrcket said:

I don't understand Aeslin, so I don't take her.

Aeslin is an odd one. She can be really dangerous against certain crews with (0) to put enemy models on -ve's to CA 6" off a friendly scheme marker. Especially since the crew itself is pretty good at laying down scheme markers at a distance (The Claw is great for this).

having casting expert is also good, though her cast actions aren't that great. Mostly I use her as another source of Autumns Curse and putting crews on -ve's.

The Mysterious Emissary is great in certain strats. Works well if you're running her in interference as pumping out Changelings off all the scheme markers that you're creating works a charm. He also goes well with all the pseudo lures that the crew has. Pulling enemy models into his hungry land markers.

9 hours ago, feagaur said:

The Mysterious Emissary is great in certain strats. Works well if you're running her in interference as pumping out Changelings off all the scheme markers that you're creating works a charm. He also goes well with all the pseudo lures that the crew has. Pulling enemy models into his hungry land markers.

I'm looking at taking it with Nekima so I can have a big bubble of 3" 4/5/6 attacks.  Even if it's only a Ml 4, all I have to do is hit.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

After Wave 5 I want to resurrect this topic. 

Royal Indignation is my favorite upgrade with Titania. It makes her very tanky. Also you can have more benefit from Taproot, making Fae most of the neverborn (puppets and nightmares excluded).

Pact with the grave spirit seems great, but I think it's more difficult to exploit. Most Masters are going to be  a threat to her, even if she has the upper hand with this pseudo decaying aura.

Cyclops are very good with her crew. They can protect some friendly models and themselves using the ice walls, and then get to combat and use the scheme markers that are going to be around your enemies.

The primeval conflux la the best conflux upgrade, making the emisary into a reliable summoner. 

I have not tried bultungin.

• Like 1

I've played her only three times since the release of wave 5 and lost all these games ;) However, I was mainly experimenting with new stuff (I hadn't used the Emissary before) and can't honestly say I played her to the full potential. I also didn't use Taproot in any of these games, which was a mistake. It's probably going to be my auto take with her as it can make her and the crew much more survivable. I definitely underutilized Royal indignation , as 1 point of armor can prove essential in some situations.

Cyclops are huge and have low Df of 4 so they draw attention and take damage easily. However, they heal fairly quickly too (with a discarded ram at the start of their activation, and scheme marker from Malifaux provides it's 4 wds back per turn). I've yet to play on a table where their Ice Pillars could form a good choke point but in other circumstances they can be a nuisance too. They work really well with Zoraida too, as Nurse can easily fully heal them and they don't get paralyzed.

Emissary was a key model in all three games I played. Being able to reliably summon a solid scheme runner (who can also hit surprisingly well) or two each turn is great. I also found his trigger that discards markers a great option in some cases. His action to buff friendly Fae/place Scheme Marker came in handy too.

I've found with Cyclops the ice Pillars are their extra Df. Rather than using them to create a chokepoint, use it to get them up the table and then block LoS to them, forcing the enemy to either spent actions to get LoS before attacking (which can increase the chance of them only being wounded and starting the next activation in Cyclopean Rage since they will be spending less actions hitting you) or just not going for them.

Also Cyclops can take Taproot since it's an Enforcer, which only has the restriction of Fae. I've had fun with two Cyclops with A Thousand Faces. Depending on where they are when the fighting starts, the Cyclops in the better position can put in Taproot. The other can swap in Malifaux Provides if it needs some healing or Retributions Eye if it needs to hit something Armoured.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I've found with Cyclops the ice Pillars are their extra Df. Rather than using them to create a chokepoint, use it to get them up the table and then block LoS to them, forcing the enemy to either spent actions to get LoS before attacking (which can increase the chance of them only being wounded and starting the next activation in Cyclopean Rage since they will be spending less actions hitting you) or just not going for them.

Agree 100% with this.  Walk them up, then drop the Pillars in front so nothing can see them! 

After that though, I've had trouble using them... If you're in melee, unless you dropped a mask for 4", you can't position them between you and your target if your closer than about 1.3".  If you kill your charge target they just drop their corpse/scrap marker closer to you and you can't drop it on that.  Same if the field is littered with scheme/corpse/scrap markers.

Although, I do like their other (0) too!

Cyclops are fun!  Need to try them more, but as yet, very happy.

12 hours ago, Da Git said:

Agree 100% with this.  Walk them up, then drop the Pillars in front so nothing can see them! 

After that though, I've had trouble using them... If you're in melee, unless you dropped a mask for 4", you can't position them between you and your target if your closer than about 1.3".  If you kill your charge target they just drop their corpse/scrap marker closer to you and you can't drop it on that.  Same if the field is littered with scheme/corpse/scrap markers.

Although, I do like their other (0) too!

Cyclops are fun!  Need to try them more, but as yet, very happy.

They're pretty good as Champion targets with their blasting. And the armor can help keep them in the sweet spot for rage. I find them the best in turf war/extraction where you can pile up a bunch of scheme markers for Frozen Runes.