How many Egg Clutches will you buy initially?

Shrapnelsmile

My biggest issue with them is that we don't get a cool infantry sized Champion. Kings Hand get a steam car machine gun, Cult get a cool looking insane mage, Abyssinia get a rail gunner, and we get a pile of eggs that give reinforcement tokens and/or glory when eaten.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Parker Barrows said:

Actually, we get the Breachling which is basically some flesh horror thingie. Still cool. Especially since it explodes when it Glories. Hilarious.

The Raving Madman is our Adjunct model.

Edit: Feel free to disregard my comment below, I misread the conversation flow, apologies to Parker burrows. It was clearly something to do with the sanity warping effects of the burning man affecting me. 

I think you've thought you were posting in the cult forum not the gibbering hoards forum. Which is understandable as the burning man will be the on to deliver us all from this suffocating civilisation we've built.

The cult get the egg clutch as their champion model, it is possible that the rules for it make it a really useful thing to have, I agree with Loki though in that the other allegiances get cooler champion models based purely on looks and feel.

1 hour ago, Dejavu said:

I think you've thought you were posting in the cult forum not the gibbering hoards forum. Which is understandable as the burning man will be the on to deliver us all from this suffocating civilisation we've built.

The cult get the egg clutch as their champion model, it is possible that the rules for it make it a really useful thing to have, I agree with Loki though in that the other allegiances get cooler champion models based purely on looks and feel.

From Parker Barrows Avatar, I'm guessing he's referring to the Cult when he says 'we'.

As for me, I'll hopefully be getting 2 free ones from the Kickstarter! Even if I just get 1 free one, I'll leave it at that as I honestly can't afford any more... I've already gone Dual Commander and everything Cult!

I'd love to get everything Hordes too, but that unfortunately breaks the bank... Sadface! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Da Git said:

From Parker Barrows Avatar, I'm guessing he's referring to the Cult when he says 'we'.

Haha, my bad I miss read the conversation flow, I see his comment was referring to Loki's comment on the cult.

I've edited my post above to note my misunderstanding

Now that we have seen the actual rules of these yummy little eggs, this topic's question becomes pretty relevant.

They seem really useful for the Hordes. They are easy and delicious way to get your guys to glory and collect reinforcement tokens. And since they benefit from Endless Numbers, them "not being on the table long" is really not true.

It's hard to say off the cuff are they worth 2 scrip (probably are), or do you just want to summon them with Karkinoi. With three 8 or above cards, squad or Karkinoi can summon three in a turn (in theory gloried Karkinoi could summon six in a turn).

So, maybe three is good choice?

On 1/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, Ryökäle said:

Now that we have seen the actual rules of these yummy little eggs, this topic's question becomes pretty relevant.

They seem really useful for the Hordes. They are easy and delicious way to get your guys to glory and collect reinforcement tokens. And since they benefit from Endless Numbers, them "not being on the table long" is really not true.

It's hard to say off the cuff are they worth 2 scrip (probably are), or do you just want to summon them with Karkinoi. With three 8 or above cards, squad or Karkinoi can summon three in a turn (in theory gloried Karkinoi could summon six in a turn).

So, maybe three is good choice?

Two or three sound right, one is definitely too few and any more than three starts to get a tad excessive, although I'm sure you'd use them occasionally. 

I'd honestly go with 2-3 to start and see how it goes. Worst comes to worst you also make up a couple of 40mm tokens to represent them and figure out your ideal number. Karkinoi look pretty handy in a fight, so it's unlikely you're going to want them sitting there just laying eggs.

• Like 1

The advantage of the 'new' Eggs is that they have a fantastic ability to claim objectives rather quickly. This way you can do things with them that otherwise are much harder to do with 4 point units.
The con to this pro is that they get destroyed much easier by opponents but that egg-hunt allows for a very nice and interesting subgame :D 

In both cases I believe something can be said for both the Eggs and 4 point units. Like KE's Infiltrators being there matters. 

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

I actually think just 1-2 max is going to be the way to go.  For hiring, it will only be if you have 2-3 script leftover. If you have four script or more than I think any of the units will be a better choice. 

Yeah, for hiring. But I feel like summoning them is the main way to get them. And by looking at the card, I don't see why you wouldn't, one way or the other, get at least few of them. Reinforcement tokens are a big buff for most of Hordes units and being target of "Survival of Fittest" somewhat hinders any unit other than eggs.

12 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Karkinoi look pretty handy in a fight, so it's unlikely you're going to want them sitting there just laying eggs.

True, but if each fireteam summons one egg clutch per game, doesn't seem like a bad time investment to me. It's 6 scrip worth of models, after all. Of course, it's hard to say, since I don't know the flow of the game enough. Maybe one stagnant turn for Karkinoi is too much, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryökäle said:

Yeah, for hiring. But I feel like summoning them is the main way to get them. And by looking at the card, I don't see why you wouldn't, one way or the other, get at least few of them. Reinforcement tokens are a big buff for most of Hordes units and being target of "Survival of Fittest" somewhat hinders any unit other than eggs.

True, but if each fireteam summons one egg clutch per game, doesn't seem like a bad time investment to me. It's 6 scrip worth of models, after all. Of course, it's hard to say, since I don't know the flow of the game enough. Maybe one stagnant turn for Karkinoi is too much, but I doubt it.

You could, potentially, stagnant them to grant a bunch of glory, next turn Endless Numbers a clutch back anywhere on the field, Hatch it, and next turn wail to make up for the lost walk in the long term.

• Like 2