McMourning: Guild or Resser

Masquer

22 hours ago, Ludvig said:

LWyers have a similar role to nurses but do it worse and they are crap at applying poison compared to a bunch of resser models. I believe you are alloweed.to bring them into ressers with his upgrade if you really like lawyers.

You should know by now that I love Guild Lawyers. The poison on the Lawyers is just a bonus, I wouldn't run them anything like Nurses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Masquer said:

You should know by now that I love Guild Lawyers. The poison on the Lawyers is just a bonus, I wouldn't run them anything like Nurses.

I need to see you play a game with lawyers. Do you do match reports?

I still stand by my point that ressers have a lot better poison interaction and since you can cross hire them anyway that should work out well for you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I need to see you play a game with lawyers. Do you do match reports?

I still stand by my point that ressers have a lot better poison interaction and since you can cross hire them anyway that should work out well for you!

I'll put a report together for you then. 

• Like 1

Guild McMourning allows some fun medical themed play with the starter set models, Sebastian, nurses, and Sim 29 used as the Brutal Emissary. Some lawyers for the inevitable medical lawsuits, some executioners for amputations, an Exorcist because... well... not all the patients are mad. Papa Loco as an escaped patient. It's just a pity that Rafkin can't be taken in Guild.

• Like 3

PROTIP: REAL men only use Dougie in Guild! Precise Ryle and/or the Brutal Emissary, have a hand full of rams/stones for Ryle and shoot everything on the board! Even your own guys! Your opponent will laugh and call you mad but you won't hear him over all the bullets you are firing!

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I have found the ability to push around/precise an Executioner invaluable in guild, plus Doug becomes much harder to kill with Fransisco or a Guardian watching his back. Witching Stalkers provide easy removal of the nurse paralyze effect and the Judge/Exorcists will have a fun time against all those "undead" Doug is standing next to. Doug can also order Clockwork Traps to take interact actions, which is hilarious and genuinely an effective way of getting scheme markers into certain positions, such as the centreline, the edge of the board or your opponent's side of the board.

Full disclosure? I play doug ressur more than i play him guild. But my winrate with guild doug is higher, because guild doug isnt about poison he is about mobility, schemes, tankiness and raw damage output.