Gaining Grounds 2017

Lucidicide

On 12/29/2016 at 4:37 PM, Terwox said:

Suited frame for murder is awesome.  That's gonna be a cool change for the game. :)

Oh man, I scowered the pdf trying to figure out what you meant. I thought you meant that the hench/master has to kill the model with a particular suited attack, and didn't notice that it was a suited scheme now. Very cool!

That said, that gives me an idea for a scheme that gives all NP's a trigger. Something like "Show Off: (Tome): After killing a non-peon model, if the killed model was within 3" of another friendly master or henchman, score 1 VP, and this trigger cannot be used again this turn" or "Revenge: (ram) after suffering at least 1 wound from an attack, this model receives the slow condition, and the attacking model receives the targeted condition until the end of the turn: "if this model is killed this turn by the model that applied it, the applying model's controller gains 1 VP and removes this condition from all friendly models in play and cannot be applied for the rest of the turn." If this model has already activated, it receives reactivate."

Oh man... things for the future hopefully.

Or Obey masters with heavy hitters...oo, I could like this. *hugs reactivated peacekeeper* ;) But suited triggers and attack triggers for scoring schemes are worth investigating in theoryfaux at least, so the crews which already demand a particular suit for all their members can complain and tell us it is to their disadvantage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trikk said:

I think it would probably promote summoners a lot

Which one? I mean, any scheme's going to be more focused on one particular playstyle or other. The goal is to have somewhat of a balance so all playstyles are represented to a similar level.

16 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Or Obey masters with heavy hitters...oo, I could like this. *hugs reactivated peacekeeper* ;) But suited triggers and attack triggers for scoring schemes are worth investigating in theoryfaux at least, so the crews which already demand a particular suit for all their members can complain and tell us it is to their disadvantage.

Eh, people are gonna do that anyway. They could be unsuited triggers, the secondary effect of course being no other trigger could be used for the attack (with one exception, of course). For that specific one, the rational was that a model attacked would give up an AP (receives slow) to apply the condition, and the fact they'd have to be the killer would make it difficult if they'd already activated. A slow reactivation turn was the solution I came up with off the top of my head, but there could be others, and it'd have to be tested, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sillybrian said:

I have no idea, but it is down.  I guess I just need to wait a while until it gets put back up then with the other cards.

A few people from our gaming group went in on a order to get decks.  Order came in today and it came with the 2016 gaining grounds deck.  They took down the 2017 deck while it gets sorted out.  I think it was part of the problem with the non errata cards getting sent out.

• Like 1