Gaining Grounds 2017

Lucidicide

2 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Also, there is not an exception in Accusation for giving the condition while engaged. So as is you have to be within 1", but not engaged to take the interact action to give it the "Accused" condition... which is hard in my experience

I think I just heard Lucius and Colette giggling. This is never a good sign.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Also, there is not an exception in Accusation for giving the condition while engaged. So as is you have to be within 1", but not engaged to take the interact action to give it the "Accused" condition... which is hard in my experience

You can take an interact targeting an enemy model while engaged, you just can't take interacts to place scheme markers (or squat markers or whatever)

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

You can take an interact targeting an enemy model while engaged, you just can't take interacts to place scheme markers (or squat markers or whatever)

pg 39 of digital rulebook

"(#) Interact: This Action is performed as part of another rule (usually a Strategy or Scheme). The effects of the Action are listed in the individual rule descriptions.
A model may not declare this Action if it is engaged, unless the Interact Action targets an enemy model."

You are correct sir. Posting for posterity.

• Like 6

Quick initial reactions:

- I absolutely hate that Show of Force still exists

- I never particularly liked Mark for Death, too fiddly, so sad that that survived without edit

- Recover Evidence:  Am I right that you cannot take this interaction while engaged?  seems a pita, but also could be interesting

- Last Stand: I really don't trust this one, I could see this being a guaranteed 3 points for some crews always.

- Love that carver is now an official proxy for something

Initial reactions: Last Stand looks scary. Not sure if I like Frame for Murder being suited. Recover Evidence looks fun. (Should it be " You may place an enemy Evidence Marker in base contact with THE chosen models."?) Hidden Trap looks really difficult. Dig Their Graves looks like it might be way too easy for certain crews.

But yeah, a pretty cool set. Will certainly shake things up a bit.

Thank you!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Quick initial reactions:

- I absolutely hate that Show of Force still exists

-> may I ask why? :)

- I never particularly liked Mark for Death, too fiddly, so sad that that survived without edit

-> I always like the need for interact plus kill in opposition to just kill

- Recover Evidence:  Am I right that you cannot take this interaction while engaged?  seems a pita, but also could be interesting

-> I think that's kind of the point?

you force them to drop the markers, and then they have to defend them, which limits their available moves.

Frame for Murder suited?... I don't know...

Accusation - this condition can't be put to already activated model? Cool!

Dig Their Graves - looks like someone wants to encourage people to buy Wave 4 masters/boxes :)

Hidden Trap - last minuted drop of scheme markers around enemy models. Gremlins will love it.

Tail 'em - looks like good fun.

Last Stand - not sure what to thin about it.

Claim Jump - I think this one will be used very often in 2017.

• Like 1

Just now, Dogmantra said:

time to record a song lamenting how mccabe gets the short end of the stick with this year's version of assassinate :(

Like Leve/Dreamer last year - there's always something :)

At least it's not a guaranteed 3 points for the opponent.

• Like 1

Just now, Tris said:

Like Leve/Dreamer last year - there's always something :)

At least it's not a guaranteed 3 points for the opponent.

they deserved it :P (at the time)

I mostly just find it kind of funny how there's always one master who assassinate or its friends just works weirdly with. McCabe happens to be the one I play so he gets a frowny face rather than a happy face

13 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Quick question on Claim Jump, does it read to anyone else that even if you've already scored full points on it the scheme is still forcing you to pick up your scheme markers if you meet the conditions because it is not optional?

As I read it, yes. Hopefully @Aaron tweaks that, unless...I don't have my book on me at work, anybody know if there's anything in the rules about what order schemes are scored? That would be the only way I can see to effect it as written, declare points from Setup, Hidden Trap, Search the Ruins, etc. first, then if you only have 1 marker left on the center line Claim Jump won't pull it all by it's lonesome. That's going to make quite a few things harder if it stays as written, so I hope it gets tweaked in some small way.

5 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

As I read it, yes. Hopefully @Aaron tweaks that, unless...I don't have my book on me at work, anybody know if there's anything in the rules about what order schemes are scored? That would be the only way I can see to effect it as written, declare points from Setup, Hidden Trap, Search the Ruins, etc. first, then if you only have 1 marker left on the center line Claim Jump won't pull it all by it's lonesome. That's going to make quite a few things harder if it stays as written, so I hope it gets tweaked in some small way.

You can choose the order as far as I know. But in the case of Hidden Trap and Search the Ruins those are End of Game where as Claim Jump is end of turn, so those at least won't help any.

2 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Are the informant and evidence markers 30mm? Sounds obvious but feel that should be stated for clarity.

Although: I declare recover evidence, you name your 5 models, I place my new TOS 120mm markers in base contact... defend that! ;)

Can I just have my five models bend down and remove the (opposing crew's) evidence markers myself?

2 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Are the informant and evidence markers 30mm? Sounds obvious but feel that should be stated for clarity.

Although: I declare recover evidence, you name your 5 models, I place my new TOS 120mm markers in base contact... defend that! ;)

When a marker size isn't mentioned it always defaults to 30mm.

• Like 1