Using Mercs with Titania

Scotuki

Hi all,

I've recently picked up the Titania box and after looking at her 'The Queens Champion' upgrade, I have been having a look at some mercenaries that would be good targets for this. With the new 'always' scheme making you drop two scheme markers a turn on the centre line, I think having something with blasts/long range would be really good here as the upgrade drops a scheme marker with anything that is damaged by the attack. My picks so far include:

- A Trapper. The long range would help him quickly pick off something small to get the upgrade. He would then be able to spend the rest of the game with armour 2, double positive to hit and would be hopefully be able to target enemies near the centreline to drop markers. 

- Lazarus. Similar to the above except with blasts. This would allow me to drop several markers if i'm able to damage a group of enemy models. He has a good range so I could keep him back whilst Titania runs in the middle. He would also become armour 3 so would be super hard to put down, especially considering most players don't expect armour in Neverborn.

- Hannah. The extra card in hand is always nice and I will always take the P.magic which allows me more from my control hand. Again the blasts would be nice but the only issue here is making sure that she is the first to kill an enemy. Armour 2 with the positive is always a bonus. 

The great thing about the above is that they are all cheaper than Nekima and with Hannah I could attach Malifaux Provides to heal her back up. 

Thoughts? Also, are there any others that you've considered for the Queen's champion?

• 1 year later...
On 29/12/2016 at 10:18 AM, Scotuki said:

- Hannah. The extra card in hand is always nice and I will always take the P.magic which allows me more from my control hand. Again the blasts would be nice but the only issue here is making sure that she is the first to kill an enemy. Armour 2 with the positive is always a bonus. 

I'm going to give queens champion another go, and I was thinking of trying it out with hannah. 

It seems really good, but at that point you're realistically spending 14ss on hannah if you give her an upgrade. At the moment I'm not seeing the 14ss of value, but I'm going to try it anyways.

I was thinking that I at least need to copy a good ca action to make her more valuable which is why I'm gonna take lilitu as well so she can copy her lure. This gives me some lures which will facilitate hannah getting the kill. Let's see how it goes, I'm trying it at the end of the month so I'll post back on how it went.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 3:26 AM, Joachim said:

I'm going to give queens champion another go, and I was thinking of trying it out with hannah. 

It seems really good, but at that point you're realistically spending 14ss on hannah if you give her an upgrade. At the moment I'm not seeing the 14ss of value, but I'm going to try it anyways.

I was thinking that I at least need to copy a good ca action to make her more valuable which is why I'm gonna take lilitu as well so she can copy her lure. This gives me some lures which will facilitate hannah getting the kill. Let's see how it goes, I'm trying it at the end of the month so I'll post back on how it went.

Get a grootslang, or 2, and copy Lair to Lair for a teleporting Hannah.

• Like 3

This probably should be moved to the Neverborn forum. 

I've used QC Hannah a few times and she's pretty much always MVP. Armour 2 is very solid, she adds blasts. 

As said above, I combo her with a Grootslang for Lair to Lair. She can usually get a good charge in turn 1 like this.

I think Lures would also be brilliant. You'd just need a higher card as it's a rst flip, not just a TN. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18.01.2018 at 10:14 AM, Lordgimpet said:

I've used both Laz, and Bishop with Titania and QC to great effect.

Really interested in Lobo Bishop and his usage. Could you share your experience with him? Do you take him with other masters as well?

Now he costs one ss less, this made him even more attractive. 3 actions, flurry and useful triggers with ability to add a chosen suit for all attacks are really nice. Also he can hit enemy's Wp instead of Df, which is really good for Pandora. One drawback is that he has a lack of defensive abilities imo. However, it can be solved a little by mentioned "queens champ" from Titania. 

Can he compete with our Rider? Not in sprinting for sure:lol:

12 hours ago, le_sphinx said:

Really interested in Lobo Bishop and his usage. Could you share your experience with him? Do you take him with other masters as well?

Now he costs one ss less, this made him even more attractive. 3 actions, flurry and useful triggers with ability to add a chosen suit for all attacks are really nice. Also he can hit enemy's Wp instead of Df, which is really good for Pandora. One drawback is that he has a lack of defensive abilities imo. However, it can be solved a little by mentioned "queens champ" from Titania. 

Can he compete with our Rider? Not in sprinting for sure:lol:

yeah, I literally have him and a sorrow follow him around, with his attacks targeting WP he can be nasty with Pandora also. but yeah he and a sorrow friend can go off and do their own thing or keep him nearby. Bishop is a swiss army knife of a model can deal with most things, and you don't need to have it hang back for later turns like a rider