Final Playtest

Skitt_Happens

Hello all!

Part of the other side KS says that backers will be invited to be involved in the final stage of playtesting - I've never done anything like this before and it quite appeals to me, but was wondering about some of the details. I'm aware that the people best placed to answer my questions would consider this work and are currently on holiday - Wyrd people do not need to rush to reply, this doesn't effect whether I will back the KS, I am doing that anyway - but I would appreciate the expertise of those that have been involved in similar:

Firstly, are we likely to be under any sort of NDA for this? I don't have room (or opponents) to play at home, it's far easier to play at my FLGS, so am hoping we can play and talk about the games publicly. 

I've also never backed a kickstarter before: I presume we will not be sent miniatures to play test with and official rules when confirmed? I assume we would have to proxy until release date, right?

Wyrd has done NDAs for previous playtests, but past is not necessarily an indication of future. They might well forgo an NDA in favor of a hidden subforum for KS backers (where they can post playtest comments). The strongest argument against an NDA is they've already revealed a ton of cards, so why would they go to the effort of collecting all those NDAs for the remainder?

We won't get miniatures, so proxies will be the rule of the day, yeah. My Stormwall will serve well as a KE Titan proxy. Might have to buy a War Wagon for the Abyss one though :P

It was mentioned somewhere (the Kickstarter comments section?) that they have a Vassal ready to do that. As this is my first army game, I don't really have the stuff to proxy for this. So, I'll be doing most of my playtesting on Vassal.

Also, last time I did playtest (OK. only time) I was able to recruit other players, though they had to sign the NDA too.

@Aaron will you be inviting us to the playtest or should we send an application? Will it be after the kickstarter ends? 

I'd like to be a part of this but not sure how much help I can be with getting games in (My wife just had our second kid so freetime is rather limited!).  Would love to have a look though and try my best to play!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...