McCabe

RustAndTheCity

30 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

And Sonnia is not? (Walk/Push from Frank, Focus/Shot or shot, shot + fire wall. Rinse and repeat till game ends ;))

It works like that if your opponent doesn't do anything. She also brings Counter-Lure, Dampening, can summon stalkers, has flame wall and a surprising melee attack and Inferno. She requires good positioning  Thats way more than charge+stab+juggernaut

• Like 2

That sounds more like kind of defensive master who likes to sit in the backline and pound enemy from the safe distance (especially when you can stop enemy counterstrike with double flame wall) than purely aggressive one like Lady J where you have to choose timing of your attack more precisely and be in the front row of the brawl.

My best results with McCabe: double Mounted Guard delivery system. 

Guard 1 gets Shirt, gets pushed

Guard 2 delivers your Cg 7 beater model (usually Executioner or Grimwell) by charging something and dragging along for the ride, pops :+fate Df 

Guard 1 moves up to assist, pops Armor +1, tarpit created

Beatstick beats with stick

Repeat :+fate Df and Armor +1 every turn, it will definitely take a while to remove tarpit

McCabe and Luna run Schemes, anything other models are support at that point. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

PROTIP: If you Black Flash the Mounted Guardsman that has the Shirt, You can use the (0) action twice for Armour +3 tasty goodness.

Adding Queeg. Selecting a Grind to a Halt model...no contest there, only one has enough of a backside to armor up and then moon Seamus et alia...

• Like 3

I usually take Luna and 2 hounds and a hunter with McCabe. Also an austringer, because I like to deliver orders more often than falcon attacks, especially now with the reduced threat range. The pathfinder usually finds a way into my list, traps and a blast gun are very useful.

I haven't tried the emissary with McCabe yet but it looks like fun.

Usually have a beater like the Peacekeeper or executioner along with McCabe for dealing damage and tying down opposing models. Looking forward to trying Phiona with her shenanigins.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Have any of you tried Phiona and the reporters with McCabe? Both seem like they might be a decent fit. Phiona as a nice beater. The reporters have some nice utility and would benefit from a melee attack.

Had Phiona with Transparency in a game against Neverborn (don`t know the master anymore) - was able to get my Set up on Nekima by charging McCabe, as Nekima was unfortunately just out of range.... :P

She`s a rock solid model and the ability to drop scheme markers whilst killing things is good.

Had no experience with Field reporters yet, Hounds are 1 Ss cheaper^^

• Like 1

A few little tidbits on Sidhir. When I first started using McCabe's box, I quickly dismissed Sidhir as too expensive, and very, very slow. When I started adding models to the fray, I ended up putting to the side. Until yesterday. Yesterday I got Make them Suffer, Breakthrough and Reconnoiter. Against Gremlins, Mah Tucket. 

Ran McCabe with the Glowing Saber, Badge of Speed, and Promises. Sidhir with his personal upgrade. Two hounds, Luna. Strongarm Suit. 
Sidhir is great with Make them Suffer - not only is he pretty good at killing stuff with his Sh7 machine gun, he is also not too shabby with his blade (especially when near McCabe for Promises), and he can kill stuff even out of activation with his defensive Riposte. 
Thing about Sidhir is, he's a lot of points, and he is very, very slow. Walk 4 gets you nowhere, and you really want to be where all the action is. Thankfully, McCabe can push him, give him Nimble AND Reactivate, which is very powerful. All of a sudden, Sidhir can move a whole lot and pepper things with his Machine Gun and Empty the Magazine. 
Against Gremlins I love to Empty the Magazine mid-turn. Trixibelle cheating a card for initiative puts them at 5 cards, and by mid-turn they are almost out of cards to cheat with, so Empty the Magazine can be pretty effective at slowing everyone down and doing some light damage. It empties hands as well. Before it's Reactivation time, you can get pretty far into enemy territory with Sidhir, even use By Your Side to place him forward to taunt and challenge your opponent to charge him with an almost empty hand (hopefully). Then you'll get to do even more damage, and any damage you might take, you can heal on his next activation. 

I saw Mah Tucket charge Sidhir Turn 1. Two of her charge attacks missed on him, one Riposte got through for 2 damage. Her third attack she targeted a Guild Hound, Sidhir intervened with By Your Side, took the hit, it missed (I had a good hand, he had a bad hand), Riposte hit for another 2. Some Soulstones were burned to prevent the damage. Sidhir then "reactivated" and hit Mah twice, and a Hound companioned to do some more damage. Turn 2 I got the initiative and McCabe killed Mah Tucket. 

Not too shabby. 

@ScalpelexisMcCabe can't give Sidir reactivate though, that works only on Minions :)

And even if that would be possible, it might still be better to reactivate an other hench or enforcer - his unique thing is imo the "by your side", but 10 Stones for that? ->the damage or even tech I could buy for that Stones :/

• Like 1

@Tris that 10 Stones is one of the reasons as to why I still like the Brutal Emissary more here, same cost, much more flexability and movement and McCabe synergy and thus basically much more money for your buck. Not saying Sidir is downright aweful but Guild has some really good alternatives and I feel Sidir is somewhat more costed towards his use in Ten Thunders. Same with Wastrels really, nice in TT, not so for Guild, we got Luna :P 

14 minutes ago, JDAntoine said:

@Tris that 10 Stones is one of the reasons as to why I still like the Brutal Emissary more here, same cost, much more flexability and movement and McCabe synergy and thus basically much more money for your buck. Not saying Sidir is downright aweful but Guild has some really good alternatives and I feel Sidir is somewhat more costed towards his use in Ten Thunders. Same with Wastrels really, nice in TT, not so for Guild, we got Luna :P 

Yeah, he`s not bad, there are often just better options. (not everytime though - for 11 points he could experience kind of a revival when tail `em is in the pool - the old by your side trick is back, with the help of Numb to the world^^ Granted, nothing prevents them to tail you more than once, but it`s more AP and they might not be able to do it more than once)

And regarding the Wastrel - I´m still experimenting with them in Guild McCabe, at least one Wastrel pops up occasionally, so far they felt better than when I started (and stopped :p) using them approx a year before :)

I like Sidir. Sh7 is potent. Anyone who disagrees probably hasn't played enough Df7 enemies with a full hand. El Mayor him and people will be wary of attacking him due to Riposte. I think he has a place. However, I was very surprised that he isn't hard to kill, surely if The Temple of Doom has taught us anything it's that the Big Guy with the turban is nearly impossible to kill or even hurt. Indy had to put him through a rock crusher to kill him! With McCabe though, I normally run loads of cheaper guys. I have used them together and Sidir is pretty good for holding backline points but with McCabe I tend to prefer someone who wants to be stuck in the messy bits.

Just now, Naimless said:

The Back flash reactivate effect states "target Minion" so no henchies or enforcers :(.  It can be a monster in TT McCabe on the Dawn Serpent

I know, that`s the reason I said "even if that would be possible" ;)

Yeah, Dawn Serpent in TT, and now the new Witchling Thralls for us - these are just beasts^^

On 1/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, Tris said:

@ScalpelexisMcCabe can't give Sidir reactivate though, that works only on Minions :)

And even if that would be possible, it might still be better to reactivate an other hench or enforcer - his unique thing is imo the "by your side", but 10 Stones for that? ->the damage or even tech I could buy for that Stones :/

I'm guessing Reactivate was used in quotes, because with the free damage from Riposte happening out-of-activation it was like he was getting another activation, not that Sidir was being Reactivated by Black Flash.

There is some merit to teaming up Sidir (+ by your side) with Francisco since Francisco is usually a big target priority for most players. He can then put el mayor on Sidir to make riposte a real threat for your opponent. I usually skip Sidir in my McCabe lists, there are so many other good choices. If you're trying to stay alive you need to compare Sidir at 10ss to a peacekeeper at 11 for example. The PK has a lot better survivability against most models, a better ml attack and arguably a better sh attack even if the stat is lower.