Seadhna

Thanks a lot for all your repplies.

Currently I have only Vik's and Schill starters, Hannah and Vanessa(girls party). So I decided to w8 a little bit with Tara and buy Johan, Rusty Alyce, Malifaux Child to add a little flexibility.

I think also I'll buy Jack Daw starter.

Thanks a lot once again.

The discussion of the Nothing Beast and Scion unburying it to act as a beast bomb has me thinking about the concept of Scion+NB bombing in non-tara lists. Now the main problem is tara herself and her death marshals are the best ways to bury and you don't have those outside Tara. So how else can we bury NB? Void Wretches are the only thing that comes to mind aside from Aionus and his need to deal severe damage.

Good point. Hannah's bury only lasts one turn, so it could be tricky to make it work, but it could work, and TNB doesn't need to take any damage, which is nice. Of course, at that point you're talking about taking 3 henchmen to pull off 1 trick, and I wonder if it's worth it. Luckily the Scion and Hannah can get a lot of work done when they're not setting up TNB.

• 1 month later...

Been reading posts from Tara for a while and still have lots of questions... For example, in a heavy scheme markers game what do you think using Aionus + Hodgepodge + Big Jake? 

Tara + 5 Pool
 - Knowledge of Eternity (2)
Aionus (12)
Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Nothingness (0)
Big Jake (5)
Death Marshal (6)
Death Marshal (6)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)

What do you think? Any tips?

The S&S are:

Deployment: Standard Deployment 
Strategy: Squatter's Rights 
Schemes: 
  * A Line in the Sand 
  * Assassinate 
  * Protect Territory 
  * Plant Evidence 
  * Power Ritual 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:54 AM, Sianour said:

Been reading posts from Tara for a while and still have lots of questions... For example, in a heavy scheme markers game what do you think using Aionus + Hodgepodge + Big Jake? 

Tara + 5 Pool
 - Knowledge of Eternity (2)
Aionus (12)
Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Nothingness (0)
Big Jake (5)
Death Marshal (6)
Death Marshal (6)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)

What do you think? Any tips?

The S&S are:

Deployment: Standard Deployment 
Strategy: Squatter's Rights 
Schemes: 
  * A Line in the Sand 
  * Assassinate 
  * Protect Territory 
  * Plant Evidence 
  * Power Ritual 

The S & S has a 10 all draw written all over it.

Your crew setup like you're planning to bury opponents using Tara, HPE and DMs then smacking them with Aionus while running your schemes with Jake and the VWs? This is tough to pull off and there are easier options available to you.

Tara can do Squatters and LITS on her own, but is not tough to kill at all, she needs Survivalist at least in a pool with assassinate (although in this pool there are still easier options). If you're planning on using her primarily as a scheme runner then Scramble might be better than KoE

Death marshals are decent but still go down to 2 or 3 hits and you aren't really utilising their bury mechanic without putting them on the front line so I'd just take 3 more void wretches or winged plague instead.

Aionus is great for punting markers away from where your opponent wants them but he's pretty exposed as the only 'dangerous' model in your list so expect him to be focussed upon unless you keep him back a bit.

The HPE is pretty poor unfortunately. Needing a suit on the bury means you have to be lucky enough to have the big Tome (when you need it) to be able to use it on your opponents models. I've never gotten it to work and would rather spend an extra two SS on Hannah with her upgrade if I want to bury my opponents. If dropping scheme markers is its main aim then, again, 2 VWs or WPs are cheaper for the same effect.

I would take (trying to keep as close to your original list):

Tara, Scramble, (maybe Survivalist)

Aionus (maybe IPB and/or tBtA)

Hannah, AT

Big Jake

Void Wretch/Winged Plague x 4

Although tbh I would go with a completely Void themed list of:

Tara, Scramble

Nothing Beast, Void Shield (maybe StF)

Scion

Karina, FoO

6 x Void wretches

(Tara runs the schemes and strat, staying out of the way, and you have the rest of the crew trying to disrupt your opponent. Everything is dangerous - The NB is pretty awesome now unless facing casters; the Scion is really hard to take down and hits hard if you can focus; the VWs can use the Scion's attack so can't be ignored and you have enough that some can hang back to heal her. Karina isn't competing for crows with Tara so you should get some decent summons off)