Seadhna

Here's a few tips.

If winning initiative is important The plus flip gets you a

10+ 52%
11+ 41%
12+ 30%
13+ 17% of the time. So spending a stone even against an opponents 12 is not as bad as you think. 

In my first activation I try to cheat 2-3 cards. I typically want to have 3 cards in hand by the end of the first activation so my void creatures aren't easy targets.

I like to tarpit with the Nothing beast, and I really like him to have defensive stance (at least +!). With NB's large base and 3" :melee it can tie up a lot of enemy models.
Often I will even activate the Nothing Beast first and do this (presuming he is fast from last turn, and already in position).
1. Discard a card for Defensive +1
2. Discard a card for Denfensive +1 (now Def+2)
3. Discard a card for his (0) action. If someone hits NB with a melee NB can hit them back.
4. Use Casting Expert to make a melee attack. 

If you make an opponent fast you want to do as many of the following as possible.

Be within :aura6 of Tara for -2 WP
Be within Karina's Aura so they have to test or take 2 damage
Hit them with as many burry tests as possible to try and ruin their hand (if you both have few cards the advantage is yours)
Or Kill them before they can activate, or steal their fast with the Scion.  

The last thing I'll mention is that Tara doesn't need to and shouldn't go first just to get reactivate.
If Tara goes first and a void wretch or Nothing beast (or anything really for that matter) dies because she went first I feel like you've wasted a model permanently.  Also, it can be a really great move for Tara to wait until a model has activated so she can ping it for fast and force 3 bury tests at essentially TN 15 (TN 13 with -2 wp). She can't take that action if there are no friendly models left to activate.  

Those are a few tip, Tarpitting Nothing Beast being my favourite.

Hello,

I'm beginning the be fed up with neverborn (and also I have almost all of them now). I wanted to get into outcast for a long time. I always liked the idea of Tara and the nothing beast. Could you tell me how master tiers in outcast look after errata ? I'm just considering getting her and 2 other masters to have my starting lineup. I thought about going the malifaux way so weird stuff - Tara, Jack and Levi OR Hammelin - i like him very much also. Can you tell me what masters are consider best tournament choice in outcast  ?

Just on on theory-hammering.

Top tier. Jack Daw

Second tier. Hamelin, Leveticus

Third tier. Viktoria, Tara, Parker

Fourth tier. Misaki, Von Schill

Fifth tier. Wrath (Crossroads Seven)

There's not much in it of course. Any master can beat any other master on the day... except Wrath, but that's mainly down to the fact he leads exactly one crew with little or no flexibility.

He can lead a 50SS crew which a henchman can't do, and can be used with any faction. It's not good, but it can be done and might as well be included in a list of possibilities. You are right he is technically a henchman but it's being overly pedantic to argue against his inclusion in that list and you wouldn't need to include every outcast henchman. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, KrazyIvan said:

No love for Aionus in current tech Tara?

Aionus hasn't changed, nor have the Tara changes really affected him.

So he gets exactly the same amount of love as before the errata (I like him in some builds and schemes).

• Like 1

On 1/1/2017 at 1:17 PM, Freman said:

Just on on theory-hammering.

Top tier. Jack Daw

Second tier. Hamelin, Leveticus

Third tier. Viktoria, Tara, Parker

Fourth tier. Misaki, Von Schill

Fifth tier. Wrath (Crossroads Seven)

There's not much in it of course. Any master can beat any other master on the day... except Wrath, but that's mainly down to the fact he leads exactly one crew with little or no flexibility.

Not to derail the whole thread, but in our area that is not the list we would use.  Maybe it speaks to the strength of outcast.  Ours would be...

Top: Daw (but never against TT due to all the :+fate, and has a hard time against Gremlins as they can usually flip our curse and runaway due to reckless)

Second: Viks (around here you almost never see them slinged in turn 1, and thus they last longer, and the kill better then Levi post cuddle), Parker (too many scheme markers needed for him to be 3rd teir)

Third: Hamelin (could be wrong here, he does not get a lot of play, but he also does not finish a lot of games in the 1.45-2 hr time limit), Tara (looking better now), Von Schill (does it all ok, nothing great)

4th:  Misaki (Viks do it better), Wrath

So you can look at this as you choose next leader.  Just a difference of opinion and different local meta.

Steven

Misaki is nowhere 4th, not in outcast, not in tt.

Play against a full disguised misaki crew without a full gunline and your gonna get crushed. 

She feels untouchable in melee with her deadly dance being a (0) now. 

The problem is all people tend to think when they see misaki is SHES GONNA KILL MY MASTER TURN 1/2.

So disguised is now viable and a lot less predictable and denyable.

Also Raiders <3

On 12/22/2016 at 8:31 PM, Mikey_C said:

My default Tara list likely hasn't changed (though it will be slightly more powerful now).
Aggressive Bury / low card count style. 

Tara - Knowledge of Eternity, Dead of Winter, Eternal Journey

Karina - Faces in the Void

Nothing Beast - Void Shield 

Scion of the Void - Scramble

2x Death Marshal 
2x Void Wretch

I realize this post was from a while ago but when you say faces in the void on karina do you mean "faces of oblivion"? Or can she somehow get the faces in the void spell now?

59 minutes ago, Sound Wizard Designs said:

I realize this post was from a while ago but when you say faces in the void on karina do you mean "faces of oblivion"? Or can she somehow get the faces in the void spell now?

Don't have my cards with me, probably didn't then either. 

I am referencing her 0ss upgrade that lets you summon horrors.

11 minutes ago, DubKnight said:

And if I want to use Karina I need to have all creatures which she can summon?

Could you help me with choose of summons cause I don't want to buy all of them.

Thanks in advance.

You don't need to own all the things she can summon, just the things she does summon (Ie you only actually summon what you own). 

So she can summon Cruligans, Punk Zombies, Drowned, Guild Autopsies and the 3 Transmortis students .

Personally I don't rate Cruligans, and especially not for a Karina summons, as they can't do much on the first turn after beign summoned. Autopsies have an ok ranged attack, and will heal themselves after the Karina damage (assuming you then unbury them)

Drowned are good tarpits and finish the job is handy. Tarpit isn't great when its going to go away at the end of the turn, but can still have a use. 

I would lump the punk zombies and the students into the same group of beater. Punk Zombies are better generalists, but against the right target a student is slightly better. 

If I was buying for just Karina summoning, my first pick would be Zombies (either punk or Transmortis). Then I would probably get Autopsies, then Drowned then the other zombies. 

(At which point I might realise how many Ressers I've bought, and decide that I'm better buying the Nicodem box over the punk zombie box.) 

• Like 3

If you're planning on using the Scion the punk zombies come out ahead imo. Having HtK means the Scion (or anyone borrowing her ability) can unbury them without killing it. Drowned are ok too as they die after unburying so will trigger Finish the job. It's a pretty expensive way to get a scheme marker though.

Karina remains an enigma within the crew. She really benefits from the Scion's ability to get rid of the buried horror but she remains a risky summoner due to her high requirements and the need to 'empty the chamber' afterwards, which is often more trouble than it's worth.