January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

The only thing I'm truly disappointed with is Franc as his cuddle seems completely inconsequential. No one put him in the box and condition removal against a Wp 9 (or whatever) Master isn't going to come out often to say the least. OTOH it is in line with Papa so I can see the point but I really wish El Mayor had been made to go away at the end of the turn. Especially with the new Recruiters making Franc less necessary to Lady Justice, the only one left who truly "needs" El Mayor is McMourning.

Not the end of the world or anything, mind, but the only change I truly disagree with (and it's about not going far enough so again better than nothing and if this is the only part I really disagree with it must indicate that the changes are really good).

• Like 2

It starts to get confusing with so many changed cards.

As long as they make the printer-friendly downloads available for the cards, I have no problem with it. I'd rather print a few pages and have a more balanced game than never ever see a Guardian on the table, to name an obvious one.

• Like 5

Right? We as community organizers can make sure to remind/inform people when this stuff comes out, and help new players get 'caught up' when new information is presented in the crews they select. I'm pumped about many of these changes! (And the ones I'm not pumped about is because I don't play or play against the things, so I don't have any feelings about it). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

As for the Lenny cuddle - too bad it hits Mah as well as Ophelia and Somer. As Mah didn't need a cuddle and I felt that the Lenny thing made for interesting things with her (less so with Ophelia). Oh well, I've played her lots without Lenny (as I've played Ophelia) so I guess I'll survive :P

Yeah I'm really into all of the other changes (the void keyword in particular is pretty nice!) but this one makes me sad. I get that Ooo A Girl-ing Lenny around with Ophelia made her hit a bit harder than was maybe fair, but then Som'er still has plenty of ways to give himself the Ram, and it means Mah has to stone for her 1AP charge trigger, which idk is kind of a big deal, and carting Lenny around further up was always harder than leaving him supporting a ranged master.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfarst said:

Hmm. The new miner rules seems great although i dont quite understand them. If the miner uses false claim twice, and none of them are removed - do you then discard two or one of the four?

And for instance if Colette prompt one miner, and at the end of the turn five is active - how many do you discard then?

If I undestand correctly you have 3 pairs of markers. From each pair, if both are in play remove one. So if you cast it 3 times and noone discarded your marker you discard 3.

• Like 1

This is awesome, thanks! As for the people worrying about it, I don't think it will be that big of a deal, actually. For tourneys the organizers can just print up the extra cards and have them available for use. For friendly pickup games, just telling most people about them and they can get them easily enough, or if they really object, they can house rules the old ones, it's not like the wyrd game enforcement police are going to kick in their doors and burn their old cards.

This allows much greater control and rather than just sucking up a major balance issue (Rooster Riders, Belles - from what I play) it lets them be fixed in a reasonable amount of time and nudge the course of the game rather than making sweeping changes.

Bravo to all involved!

• Like 1