January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

4 hours ago, Masquer said:

Please review the first page of this topic. If you need a more detailed explanation, pm me.

Reviewing the first page of this topic doesn't answer why the latest version of the Lucious its card shows only a mask DF stat trigger as stated on said first page as being provided by the surprisingly loyal upgrade card when it should also have a ram DF stat trigger as well (again provided by the surprisingly loyal upgrade card - but not stated on the first page of this topic). The latest iteration of the Lucious card shows no inherent DF triggers whatsoever - so having only the mask symbol within the DF statistic on the Lucious card itself makes no sense when it in fact should also show the ram symbol as well.

It makes sense. The mask alone doesn't do anything.

If you have surprisngly loyal you get the mask+ram trigger. The mask is built is so you only need the ram. In order to get it you have to use a soulstone or flip/cheat a ram card. Not all defensive triggers are automatic. A lot of gremlins have some form of squeel trigger that requires a mask, that is not built in.

The previous card didn't have the mask which meant you had to use a SS for one suit and flip/cheat the second.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, trikk said:

It makes sense. The mask alone doesn't do anything.

If you have surprisngly loyal you get the mask+ram trigger. The mask is built is so you only need the ram. In order to get it you have to use a soulstone or flip/cheat a ram card. Not all defensive triggers are automatic. A lot of gremlins have some form of squeel trigger that requires a mask, that is not built in.

The previous card didn't have the mask which meant you had to use a SS for one suit and flip/cheat the second.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I just bought Malifaux a week ago and I assumed incorrectly that Df stat triggers were always printed on the card itself for that character  - thus my confusion for not seeing any Lucious Mask DF trigger on his new, errata updated card.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the problem with ordering my cards in January and originally received the non-errata version.  I contacted wargame vault and they said they were aware of the problem and would reship my cards once they had it sorted out (with no estimation of the time).  I just today (February 11) received my reshipped cards in the mail and they are STILL THE OLD VERSION!  I have contacted them about how sad I am to have now 3 total sets of incorrect cards and no errata cards.  (I have my original set, the first incorrect order and now a second incorrect order).

FYI - Aaron.  These were printed in February so they may still have an incorrect file.

• Like 2

I appreciate the efforts towards balancing the game, although I'm definitely not happy with the Gremlin cuddles...especially since we didn't get any Gremlin buffs :P
Also a bit disappointed about Colette: it's not like she was an overpowered master that needed cuddling (like, say, Leveticus), I think limiting the use of her prompt is a little excessive. Overall a bad errata for me, even though I must say I'm happy that Rotten Belles have finally been addressed!

Forgot to mention the daydreams: still useful, but not quite as much as before, so of course that doesn't make me happy either! Overall though, the only really serious cuddle is the Rooster one, I think it makes them simply unplayable, so the aim must have been to get them off the table...besides, reckless Rooster Riders just fit the character so well! Perhaps lowering Df or something else would have been more appropriate, but I think a Rooster Rider should be the very definition of reckless!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

Forgot to mention the daydreams: still useful, but not quite as much as before, so of course that doesn't make me happy either! Overall though, the only really serious cuddle is the Rooster one, I think it makes them simply unplayable, so the aim must have been to get them off the table...besides, reckless Rooster Riders just fit the character so well! Perhaps lowering Df or something else would have been more appropriate, but I think a Rooster Rider should be the very definition of reckless!!

Really? Losing 1 AP makes them unplayable?

The issue as I understand it was Turn 1 Rooster murderfest. Stuff with (1) Charge should not get extra AP willy-nilly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

I appreciate the efforts towards balancing the game, although I'm definitely not happy with the Gremlin cuddles...especially since we didn't get any Gremlin buffs :P
Also a bit disappointed about Colette: it's not like she was an overpowered master that needed cuddling (like, say, Leveticus), I think limiting the use of her prompt is a little excessive. Overall a bad errata for me, even though I must say I'm happy that Rotten Belles have finally been addressed!

The problem with prompt was that it was her only action being used, and her activation 90% of the time was to prompt howard 3 times, the once per turn limit is to shift up her playstyle and make her more interesting. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

...besides, reckless Rooster Riders just fit the character so well! Perhaps lowering Df or something else would have been more appropriate, but I think a Rooster Rider should be the very definition of reckless!!

I can't agree with most of the criticism of the errata, overall I think they've done a good job. This however is a very good point, I would have thought hard on the issue for a very long time looking at other options before removing a rule a characterful as Reckless in the roosters. To be honest I would much rather see a points increase, stat cuddle or something else, even to the point of making them not worth it. It's a little like Hoffmann looking Unexplained Connection (ability to hire Coppelius) from M1e; some rules (and models) add  so much atmosphere to the game by simply existing that they should stay, even if that means cuddles in other departments a necessary for game balance...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tris said:

@edopersichetti

So, everything in this errata that`s not a buff is basically bad for you?

Do you really think that anything addressed here is now unplayable?

Of course, anything that applies to what I play is bad :D

But no, I agree with most of the errata. I can live with Lenny losing the Ram on masters (I can tell you from experience that with Ophelia that was actually a little too much), with Colette's change of style and even with the daydreams limit to 1 cast. I think the only really bad call is the Rooster's. They're a 6 point model and I think they'll struggle to see the battlefield very often. Plus, extremely anti-fluff ;)

7 hours ago, Durza said:

The problem with prompt was that it was her only action being used, and her activation 90% of the time was to prompt howard 3 times, the once per turn limit is to shift up her playstyle and make her more interesting. 

I can see that, probably tournament/competitive play here was the problem. I play mostly friendly games and I play for fun, I hate it when people play just for "broken" combos and to win regardless. I still remember playing against what I think is a very popular Lilith list with Nekima, Doppelganger, Johan, Mr Graves...very mean and very anti-fluff. Not fun.
So if you play a Colette list and you just prompt Hank 3 times you're just a boring and unimaginative player...

Anyway, I can see where the problem is with prompting too often, even if you don't prompt the same model three times, you will still end up prompting people most of the times...at least I do. It is still her best action...AP are the most valuable resource in the game after all.

By the way, Collodi and Ulix (two of my favorite masters) can prompt puppets and pigs as may times as they want...so perhaps prompt the same model three times only on showgirls would have made more sense?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bakunin said:

Really? Losing 1 AP makes them unplayable?

The issue as I understand it was Turn 1 Rooster murderfest. Stuff with (1) Charge should not get extra AP willy-nilly.

As far as I know, stuff with (1) Charge is only Piglets (excellent models, not reckless, but a 4 stone model, not 6, and hard to control) and Warpig, which is 9 stones and in fact rarely sees the field of play. I might be missing something. But yes, losing 1 AP is a big deal (think about the slow condition ;) )

They're just not as effective anymore and Gremlins have other options in that price range. I am a Gremlin player but I also played against Rooster Riders: it went rampage, killed a couple of (cheap) models, and then died. There's nothing "broken" in that...they get their worth in models cost. Otherwise we should cuddle every other "turn 1 silliness" like the various snipers, if that's the concern. Turn 1, Katanaka Sniper, one-shot my performer...it's not fun, but that's what they do ;) 
Roosters are still easy to kill (in fact they would be more so when reckless) and it's not like they have a huge damage spread (as opposed to, say, Burt).

I am just not convinced by this change, especially since they could have done something different, as tmod suggests below - stat change, cost increase etc.

5 hours ago, Bakunin said:

Counterpoint; Slow takes you to 1 AP, which limits you immensely. Losing Reckless put them at 2 AP, leaving them with the usual 2 actions on their turn.

You think that they shouldn't have gotten errata'd because now slow hurts them like it does everyone else... Haha.. You could ask a player from any faction if they would take 1 wound on their models to gain the fast condition and they would all take it. To be quite honest I think the amount of reckless, dumb luck, and bayou two abilities are far more powerful than people realize. I think if more people played them it would be realized how powerful they are. Its really hard to stop when a player knows how to use all that extra AP wisely. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, Steam Powered said:

I had the problem with ordering my cards in January and originally received the non-errata version.  I contacted wargame vault and they said they were aware of the problem and would reship my cards once they had it sorted out (with no estimation of the time).  I just today (February 11) received my reshipped cards in the mail and they are STILL THE OLD VERSION!  I have contacted them about how sad I am to have now 3 total sets of incorrect cards and no errata cards.  (I have my original set, the first incorrect order and now a second incorrect order).

FYI - Aaron.  These were printed in February so they may still have an incorrect file.

I just received my cards and they are all correct. This is strange... I mean did you order cards that actually changed. Lol. JK. I actually didn't get bad cards the first go round because I ordered before the incident occurred but wargamevault must have decided to just resend every order because I got my order again and it was right again. 
What cards did you order specifically?

Also, @Aaron the special cards still aren't up such as Mr. Cooper. I find this odd if they got all the files. As long as it has been I would have thought everything would be up for order even if they were behind on fulfilling orders.

• Like 1