January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

15 minutes ago, trikk said:

Thats pretty funny. While Marcus and Mah I can agree upon I think Guild got hit pretty hard (althought I agree with the changes) with Papa Box and Austringers. She is very mobile, but she has a pretty meh damage track (its a hunters damage track, which is a 7SS minion), 2SS cache, 10 Wds but with min damage 2 she can`t really hunt down 8 Wd unless she has Loco.

I never really got behind using Papa in the box with her and don't use Austringers that much anymore.  Not to say I don't use Papa though, he just does not need an expensive babysitter.  The big thing about Perdita that I have always harnessed is that her moderate is 4.  With Papa's bonus plus the availability of Critical strike or Witch Bullet you can generally drop a pretty big model in a single turn.  Even with out Papa's bonus her triggers can make all the difference.  A hunter also does not have Sh7 with an upgrade that can either ignore cover or Armor/Incorporeal.  Nor does it have either of those triggers for upping damage.

Mine you this is my opinion so people will differ but I can honestly say I have played her a lot and in my opinion if her is she does need a tweak down.  The reduction of gun range is the simplest with out messing with to much else on her.  At the moment her gun has a range similar to and a better damage track then rifles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Not at first. It takes awhile to update, so the LE cards will come a bit later.

Guessing for the master cards it'll be like guilders - we mail the old LE card back and get sent a new one? Being able to buy them from drivethruRPG would make them being tournament prizes kind of redundant.

1 minute ago, -Loki- said:

Guessing for the master cards it'll be like guilders - we mail the old LE card back and get sent a new one? Being able to buy them from drivethruRPG would make them being tournament prizes kind of redundant.

Oh, I just mean the cards that are already on DriveThru. Nothing new is going up.

• Like 1

I'm just really happy about Tara being cleaned up, god knows she needed it. Also happy that the papa in the box has been removed, it's one of those interactions that just feels like gaming the system and also very very happy to see Lucius get some love. He is too cool to be considered so tame. I do worry about stuff like emissary upgrades after these changes since they are another form of stealth errata. Montresor buff is also welcome. Don't really see much wrong with the whole of changes, belles definitely deserved it so I'll graciously take that cuddle.

• Like 5

On 12/23/2016 at 6:46 PM, Myth said:

In short, I think there is a difference between effects that have the potential to be strong - but can be mitigated by clever positioning or smart tactics or the right schemes - vs abilities that are reliably powerful with very few ways to respond to them. (Such as Ca 8 Lures, or Rooster Rider charges from 22" away, or Austringers threatening any vulnerable models that exited their opponents deployment zone.)

Very very well put. The things that got changed were basically unavoidable NPEs, not simply things that were "a bit too good". I applaud the design team for being brave and making the game healthier.

Belles still have the best lure in the game. They still have one of the highest wound to soul stone cost ratios in the game. They're still probably one of the best 5SS models in the game. As a Seamus player I'm not even mad, it means I can play belles and feel less dirty about it.

• Like 7

On 23/12/2016 at 9:13 PM, Zebo said:

Anyone else thinks that Von Schill could have received a little bit of love? 

Von schill? What about him do you think needs attention? He's the master I go to when I want to win my games, so I'm of the mind he's in a pretty good place. 

• Like 1

In our meta, and with everyone I had talked before you, Von Schill is considered to be too expensive for its real impact on the field. His profile is a little bit meh. He's not very tough, is just "good" but not "very good" both in melé and range, he doesn't buff very much his crew, and his cost is the higher of any Master.  There're Masters better than him in some things, and not worse in the rest with better cache. And then you have Perdita, who is better in everything and cheaper. 

But, again, this could be just our opinion. Anyway, I must say it's not only me, every player wich I have spoken with thinks the same. Von Schill is a little bit bad (always considering his Cache 1) and his upgrades aren't also very impressing. 

My group tends to have the same opinion as Zebo regarding Von Schill. You can't point to any one area where he has a fatal flaw - he is just a little below the curve in a lot of areas. Which fits with his 'jack of all trades' design... but adds up to being on the low end of the curve with Masters. He has some cool features and a good player can (as with any Master) perform well with him, but he does feel like he could deserve some future tweaking, even just a bit more reasonable cache.

40 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

I think Armor +2 would help Von Schill's survival noticeably. it also sets him aside from the rank and file with their Armor +1, and there's enough Armor hate out there that it wouldn't be too out of control.

If you want to ask where the extra +1 appears from...well, it's all about the 'stache.

You can easily point to the new fluff for a perfect justification. A finely groomed mustache is always a welcome addition of course. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2016 at 11:08 AM, mojopin said:

excuse me if this has been already pointed out but now that tara gets infiltration.... "Critters" in karina's faces of oblivion loses a lot of sense. Shouldn't it be changed?

Critters still allows Tara to hire Guild Autopsies as an Outcast master, which is a helpful and thematic thing for her (unless I missed them picking up Void somewhere in the errata).

Question about now changed Dead of Winter:

The World is Empty can reduce suffered damage. As this isn't damage reduction like SSing for it with now changed The Nothing Beast (<3) does Incorporeal affect the damage after or before reducing the damage. My logic would say that order is this:

1. Damage is counted

2. Tara can reduce the damage provided she is in 6"

3. Incorporeal halves the damage if it's SH or ML action.

Instead of first halving it.

Sorry if this was already discussed (9 pages!!) but given the current wording, couldn't Lucius recursively walk himself forever (or for a long time). Take a Walk action, target himself with Commanding Presence, use the (1) Action to take another Walk Action, target himself with Commanding Presence, etc etc.

I think the only restriction against targeting yourself is when it comes to Attack Actions, right? So does the above work? And if so, was it intended?

1 minute ago, fauxreigner said:

Sorry if this was already discussed (9 pages!!) but given the current wording, couldn't Lucius recursively walk himself forever (or for a long time). Take a Walk action, target himself with Commanding Presence, use the (1) Action to take another Walk Action, target himself with Commanding Presence, etc etc.

I think the only restriction against targeting yourself is when it comes to Attack Actions, right? So does the above work? And if so, was it intended?

I'm not 100% sure but I think there's nothing preventing him from targeting himself initially. The sticking part is that passing a Horror duel confers further immunity to Horror duels from that model, that turn, and the extra (1) action from Commanding Preference is contingent on succeeding at a Horror duel - if the model in question cannot take another Horror duel against Lucius (because it already passed the check), it by extension cannot succeed at another Horror duel. This prevents Lucius from "going infinite" unless he was in an aura or had been tagged by something that prevented him from gaining Horror duel immunity to himself.

Personally, I'd be very hesitant to do the trick even if it works unless the attempt at 2x walk was my very last action. A black joker lurking in the deck would be bad news for a Lucius trying to do it first thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mureahko said:

Question about now changed Dead of Winter:

The World is Empty can reduce suffered damage. As this isn't damage reduction like SSing for it with now changed The Nothing Beast (<3) does Incorporeal affect the damage after or before reducing the damage. My logic would say that order is this:

1. Damage is counted

2. Tara can reduce the damage provided she is in 6"

3. Incorporeal halves the damage if it's SH or ML action.

Instead of first halving it.

As per General Timing (p 46) the Acting model's Abilities happen before those of other models, so Incorporeal would happen before World is Empty.

1 hour ago, Pyrflamme said:

Personally, I'd be very hesitant to do the trick even if it works unless the attempt at 2x walk was my very last action. A black joker lurking in the deck would be bad news for a Lucius trying to do it first thing.

A fair amount of time you know where the BJ is because you tried to do something important and already flipped it. :P 

• Like 3