January 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

Maybe not giving VS armor +2, but Hard to Wound (or Impossible to wound). Maybe increasing his MI and SH to 7.

I'm very impressed with somebody using Stand & Shoot, I have never seen it (neither me using it). Really you found yourself with more than 3 enemys on range and LoS, and in the situation wich you prefer to hurt many models first than kill one or two? 

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfarst said:

So - no plans to update the le model cards? I just find that unfortunate as i see no point in buying le models in the future, as they may get changed through future errata, Sad.

So, how do you play then?

The models don`t get useless, you know?

It`s just the cards.

I´m no fan of the fact that I have to get new cards either, but that`s no reason to not buy models for me.

20 minutes ago, DefyingReality said:

"Hey sweet, double positive damage flip on your master, who's down to four wounds! This is gonna be gre... oh **** it's the black joker."

"Red joker! Ten damage on--"

"--hey, you get a positive flip on that."

"So I do!--DAMMIT."

Sure, it's worth mucho points in achievement league, but that doesn't lessen the sting of it.

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

I'm writing updates into my copy of Crossroads. Can someone point out please where the text of Black Blood Shaman is changed? I am overlooking it. :(

Ritual Knife | Blood Infusion has changed from giving a Condition with the same text as the Black Blood Ability, to giving a Condition that in turn gives the Black Blood Ability.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2016 at 8:07 PM, Tris said:

So, how do you play then?

The models don`t get useless, you know?

It`s just the cards.

I´m no fan of the fact that I have to get new cards either, but that`s no reason to not buy models for me.

Im not stating that i wont buy any models, i like the game and also the fact that they do an errata. Im saying that my initiative to cheat fate and buy the le models in the future is weak. I do not understand why they wont update the cards, in my mind its just a matter of adding one line to a pdf. But i could be (and most likely is) wrong.

All official cards seems to get an update, which in my mind make them more likely to get. 

Thats just a pity, but in no way a dealbreaker.

6 hours ago, Slartibartfarst said:

Im not stating that i wont buy any models, i like the game and also the fact that they do an errata. Im saying that my initiative to cheat fate and buy the le models in the future is weak. I do not understand why they wont update the cards, in my mind its just a matter of adding one line to a pdf. But i could be (and most likely is) wrong.

All official cards seems to get an update, which in my mind make them more likely to get. 

Thats just a pity, but in no way a dealbreaker.

Sorry to ask, but I don't understand exactly what you mean by this.

They actually stated they are planning to update the Model Cards. As per the first post:

"Our errata cards will always be available as a free PDF download and updated on Wargame Vault for print on demand. Our models will continue to come with the old cards until we do a new print run of the model(s) in question, at which point that card will be updated as well. "

Right now, you can download the updated cards and print them out. Alternatively (once the Wargame Vault is ready) you can order them Print On Demand. Once they have a new print run of the model, they'll come with the updated cards, although until a new print run starts they can't magically alter every card in every existing box for the errata.

Everything will be updated in the manner listed. If it's on Wargame Vault, I'll update it (though the LE cards will be after the initial update). Every card that has a physical copy will be updated in its next print run (which may be awhile for some) -- this includes the special edition master cards (but again, it'll be awhile until we need to print more).

Only the standard card will be shown in the errata PDF cards.

• Like 5

My apologies if this was already asked, but I know some of the previously errata'd and corrected cards were included in retail products - for example, Metal Gaimin in the Generalist 2 deck. Are there currently any plans to pack these errata'd cards in a similar product (general decks, not new specific boxes - so I'm asking about stuff like a Generalist 3 deck rather than new copies of Bound By Law) sometime this year?

Just kinda thinking ahead to whether I want to use Print on Demand or wait for the retail product and get the updated cards and whatever new stuff then.

• Like 1

I'm thrilled to see that @Aaron is willing to introduce balance and clarity tweaks to the game! The biannual timing should (hopefully) make it more regular and easier to check for (especially if it easily coincides with annual Gaining Grounds packet). I think there are still some tweaks needed (Have Trixibelle lose Reckless for example), but this is a great start and bodes well for continuing support of the game. Great work!

Colette lost her flexibility with these changes. I do not agree that making Colette worse is beneficial to her. Heard about lots of other actions she can do, but what exactly are they? Disappearing act which is very situational? Low dmg short range attacks, good for scheme runners if only Colette wasn't so slow? Upgrades, which have to be bought for additional soulstones? And also mostly situational. Summoning doves are nice but requires 8 and diamond so not so easy. Combining with wave 4 crews, very anti-scheme markers looks like good times for our favourite showgirl are over.

40 minutes ago, Flint said:

Colette lost her flexibility with these changes. I do not agree that making Colette worse is beneficial to her. Heard about lots of other actions she can do, but what exactly are they? Disappearing act which is very situational? Low dmg short range attacks, good for scheme runners if only Colette wasn't so slow? Upgrades, which have to be bought for additional soulstones? And also mostly situational. Summoning doves are nice but requires 8 and diamond so not so easy. Combining with wave 4 crews, very anti-scheme markers looks like good times for our favourite showgirl are over.

You can still prompt different models, it's not a once per turn action.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trikk said:

Oh noes. If only she got a free suit every turn! Oh... wait :D

Still 8, which is not so low, still upgrade for 2 ss, and once (free suit) per turn.

9 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

You can still prompt different models, it's not a once per turn action.

That's about loosing flexibility. Now it have to be different model.

20 hours ago, Aaron said:

(though the LE cards will be after the initial update)

I'm honest here. I'm confused about what and what will get an update.

If I get it right.

a] normal minion cards first

b] LE like Miss Terious coming, but after the initial updates

c] Special Cards [like the one put into in black friday], or Vintage Master only in print, when the stock from Wyrd depleted

Did I got it right, or am I still wrong :s?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flint said:

Still 8, which is not so low, still upgrade for 2 ss, and once (free suit) per turn.

That's about loosing flexibility. Now it have to be different model.

Its called making choices :P

On a more serious note. Yes, she did get cuddled. But she didn`t get cuddled into oblivion. All she lost is being a Howard Prompter which is not how she should work.

• Like 1

Hum I just checked on Wargamevault and the miniature of tara is still the old one. And I don't see any death marshall card (except old one for miss terious).

I saw it will be avaible later, do you have an idea when? Some people asked me (I'll do a command for several french people).