The Other Side Kickstarter

Lucidicide

12 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

In today's update featuring the upcoming commanders, there seems to be one of them with the legend (1 of 3).

From that, I'm guessing that the Frenzy is a collective commander with three models on the base, either in spirit or literally (linked minds).

Aaron said this in the KS comments when asked about the 1 of 3 thing on The Frenzy: "the Hordes Commander is a Squad!  It is a Squad of 3 models, each are their own Fireteam.  They can even benefit from Reinforcing."

The Street Shark gang is a thing!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, retnab said:

Aaron said this in the KS comments when asked about the 1 of 3 thing on The Frenzy: "the Hordes Commander is a Squad!  It is a Squad of 3 models, each are their own Fireteam.  They can even benefit from Reinforcing."

We just need to sculpt them different jackets and boots, but no pants.

13 minutes ago, retnab said:

Image result for street sharks

It's Ripping Time!!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JurisprudentiallyYours said:

I'm hoping you guys provide some Limited Edition miniatures for the people willing to back your vision now...while I've seen some complaints about LEs on the Kickstarter comments, there also seems to be a proportion of "supporters" stating that they will wait to buy at a discount from retailers in the future. I guess it comes down to the type of person you want to reward...?

There is no reason wyrd have to provide LE models in the kick-starter. If you are going to back the game you will back it, I get the impression that people who want the LE stuff before they back are in it simply for the sell on value later. I know this isn't always true but to be fair to wyrd, they have funded without the lure of LE.

Personally I'm not backing it as it's not for me and I will wait until I see it played before deciding whether to change my mind.

I also don't like the way you imply that those who will wait and buy from retailers after release aren't supporting wyrd. Wyrd still get the money whenever you buy it. 

And what kind of person should wyrd reward then?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JurisprudentiallyYours said:

I'm hoping you guys provide some Limited Edition miniatures for the people willing to back your vision now...while I've seen some complaints about LEs on the Kickstarter comments, there also seems to be a proportion of "supporters" stating that they will wait to buy at a discount from retailers in the future. I guess it comes down to the type of person you want to reward...?

That would have to be some crazy discounts. MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) is $60 for the rulebook and $125 for an allegiance box, you get that for $99 in the kickstarter. Webstore discounts are typically 10-20% (so $166,5 - $148 for the champion pledge items) so I think the kickstarter is plenty of reward for backers and if I was more than marginally interested in TOS I would jump on the KS.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Will we be getting any more info in a December Chronicles, or has the kickstarter put that on hold for another month? I'm really impatient to learn more about the game! (preferably before I pull the trigger...after getting permission this time...)

The December Chronicles should be out sometime next week, featuring an interview with the lead designer of The Other Side!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Absolution Black said:

There is no reason wyrd have to provide LE models in the kick-starter. If you are going to back the game you will back it, I get the impression that people who want the LE stuff before they back are in it simply for the sell on value later. I know this isn't always true but to be fair to wyrd, they have funded without the lure of LE.

Personally I'm not backing it as it's not for me and I will wait until I see it played before deciding whether to change my mind.

I also don't like the way you imply that those who will wait and buy from retailers after release aren't supporting wyrd. Wyrd still get the money whenever you buy it. 

And what kind of person should wyrd reward then?

Yikes, didn't want to ruffle any feathers...I'm backer #173 and am pretty close to all in. Although, for one who doesn't like implications your comment on why people want LE miniatures is a pretty heavy one. I don't know all the rules though - I don't live in a glass house. 

Without delving too deeply into our offline lives and knowing that everyone online is a Dr. Astronaut-Ninja-Knows-it-All, I can only assume you were also aware that there is a fundamental difference in WHEN Wyrd gets the money...while they will certainly still be solvent if someone buys at a discount from a retailer and I would never want to paint the people who purchase Wyrd products that way in a negative light, it kind of misses the point when they are trying to crowd source funding to create the project. Again, I am likely completely wrong here...if nobody backed it, surely all the options would be available in early August for sale at a retailer, right?

My question on which type of person should be rewarded merely reflects that - crowd sourcing is a grey area between investor and consumer. Consumers receive goods and services in exchange for capital. Investors receive options and control in exchange for capital. Despite what people believe it to be, Kickstarter is not a "pre-order website." And nowhere did I mention them "hav[ing]" to have LEs. I merely hoped. You'll note that "hoping for LEs" is the binary to "hoping for no LEs." Do you take umbrage with my hope or is it simply that, based on your decision to not participate, you don't want to miss out on something unique? 

Again, you can tell by my post count I don't know all the rules. If the entire community believes that "hoping for some small token of regard in return for passive investment of an untested property" is intrinsically wrong, it's the first I've heard of it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, retnab said:

I wonder what that means for the guy on the mortar (forget his name) he has a unique name, but he also has a plug base. I wonder what is up with him?

1 hour ago, Mr Janje said:

What was the reasoning behind "The Tyrant" pledge level only getting one rulebook?

My group of people are on the fence about pledging, and were pretty stoked about the Tyrant level until we realised we'd have to share a rulebook between the 4 of us!

According to updates the "Tyant level" was added for  people that wanted to grab all 4 starters.

Not the best choice though if you want 2nd commander and extra fate deck though, along with other future unlocks

1 hour ago, JayseN said:

According to updates the "Tyant level" was added for  people that wanted to grab all 4 starters.

Not the best choice though if you want 2nd commander and extra fate deck though, along with other future unlocks

" If that Stretch Goal is a free miniature, we'll give you one for each of the Allegiance you chose! "

A Shame, as i reckon i'd be able to wrangle 4 people into going for the Tyrant, but if its aimed more towards those people that want to go balls deep into it, then we might leave it or go for the Dual Commander instead

Just a random question, what is the point of the stretch goals, all it seems is that you reveal new information when certain ones are reached rather than increasing the size or scope of the project.

I don't know but if that is true I will have lost a bit of respect for you Wyrd, stretch goals are supposed to be special things when they are reached, not used to drip feed information on the project.

16 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

Just a random question, what is the point of the stretch goals, all it seems is that you reveal new information when certain ones are reached rather than increasing the size or scope of the project.

I don't know but if that is true I will have lost a bit of respect for you Wyrd, stretch goals are supposed to be special things when they are reached, not used to drip feed information on the project.

They are increasing the scope of the project. I don't claim to know their internal calculations for KS income = new models/units available, but at the very least once we hit a threshold, they commit to getting new stuff done in a certain timeframe, possibly as opposed to over time with funding from their regular income. The last stretch goal got us two units available to KS backers that they may have not otherwise been able to guarantee at this stage in getting TOS off the ground, and they took the opportunity to tell us more in the process. 

• Like 1

Sorry if you feel the project is not expanding in scope. I've used the last few to share a lot of information, including the new units that have been added. As we said, we are Kickstarting to get as much off the ground in the initial launch as we can, so for the most part that's what you see in Stretch Goals: new things in the project.

Now that I've gotten through the 4 Allegiances core breakdowns, future updates will focus more on the specific unlock (though I haven't left that out so far).

3 hours ago, retnab said:

I'm not the quoted guy, but could we hear some more about how VP's are collected?  We've seen the Cult Stratagem Deranged Laughter has a small chance of giving VP, are there many ways of getting VP outside the Operations?

No, each Allegiance only has access to a bit. It's a little like an odd version of Scheming.

I'll go into the Operations in a random update at some point :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Sorry if you feel the project is not expanding in scope. I've used the last few to share a lot of information, including the new units that have been added. As we said, we are Kickstarting to get as much off the ground in the initial launch as we can, so for the most part that's what you see in Stretch Goals: new things in the project.

Now that I've gotten through the 4 Allegiances core breakdowns, future updates will focus more on the specific unlock (though I haven't left that out so far).

I am simply a bit confused on what the stretch goals actually are, is it increasing the models that will be available at launch rather than further down the line, or is it just information? You seem to have the sculpts and the cards ready already.

My interpretation of the available information is that hitting the stretch goals means that those units will be available at launch, and wouldn't have been otherwise. Just because they have the sculpts and rules available doesn't mean that they would have been available -- hitting the stretch goals means that they can add the resources to get them actually produced in time for the official game launch.