Hoffman: which Christmas gift for him?

Franchute

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Link looks broken to me. Can everyone else see it?

I'm sorry for this. I dont have this problem though. It is simply a picture of the avatar of amalgamation I received yesterday. Just in case you're wondering: I didnt give him any Christmas hat as you initially suggested :)

Edit: I'm still thinking about the kitten though :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Franchute said:

I'm sorry for this. I dont have this problem though. It is simply a picture of the avatar of amalgamation I received yesterday. Just in case you're wondering: I didnt give him any Christmas hat as you initially suggested :)

Edit: I'm still thinking about the kitten though :lol:

I'll check it from my computer when I get home, maybe it's because I'm on my phone. I still stand by that advice, it would look adorable :)

• 2 weeks later...

One of my regular opponents was theorycrafting on the need for a 'robo-mom' to take some of the necessity of healing off of Hoffman himself and was delighted to notice the emissary could provide.

Of course, at the current rate of card reprinting, book five will be out before I finally get the cards in order to play this awesome disturbing giant stompybot. Which is great because it's been sitting in base coat for about as long as the cards have been available. :angry:

13 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

One of my regular opponents was theorycrafting on the need for a 'robo-mom' to take some of the necessity of healing off of Hoffman himself and was delighted to notice the emissary could provide.

Of course, at the current rate of card reprinting, book five will be out before I finally get the cards in order to play this awesome disturbing giant stompybot. Which is great because it's been sitting in base coat for about as long as the cards have been available. :angry:

Tell me more about Robo-Mom!  How is the emissary able to heal other models?

12 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@Gnomezilla I don't get what you are saying. Are you waiting for the cards or are you having trouble deciding on the paint scheme? Maybe print the cards yourself if they are the problem?

I'd decided to wait on ordering the cards until GG2017 etc. were released... One of the locals was lucky to get a dual set of correct errata and is sharing those* but that doesn't mean emissary cards were ordered yet. Aside from that, I don't have Shifting Loyalties to photocopy from.

Base coat is just the problem with my husband getting into a slow grow league right after applying said base coat. :P I think I will take it back and just ask him to do what he did with the watcher's wings later.

*People all over have been very generous with doubled sets of correct errata cards. I've been delighted to see it. :)

5 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I'd decided to wait on ordering the cards until GG2017 etc. were released... One of the locals was lucky to get a dual set of correct errata and is sharing those* but that doesn't mean emissary cards were ordered yet. Aside from that, I don't have Shifting Loyalties to photocopy from.

Base coat is just the problem with my husband getting into a slow grow league right after applying said base coat. :P I think I will take it back and just ask him to do what he did with the watcher's wings later.

*People all over have been very generous with doubled sets of correct errata cards. I've been delighted to see it. :)

That does sound like it would complicate things. 

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

It has a (0) action that gives a healing aura on a trigger. Might be some additional way by burying the right model.

I didn't notice the trigger.  Thanks!  That could help offset taking the damage from get fast from Hoffman too.  I'm envisioning the Emissary putting up the aura with the trigger, and then Hoffman handing out fast with Machine Puppet.  The now fast constructs can heal up the 2 damage they took from getting fast.

It's too bad Master Queeg can only make friendly minions take a (0) action.  Otherwise he could make the Emissary throw the aura up before activating.

• Like 1

Speaking of the Emissary with Hoffman.  He is a GUILD CONSTRUCT with Hoffman's conflux. 

So if Hoffman were to attach Targeting Systems to the Emissary, then Machine Puppet the Emissary to Bury... oh... Howard Langston.

Then you've got a potentially fast Emissary who is auto triggering Decapitate through his Tyranny of Order attacks.  Get around that pesky restriction and raise a few eyebrows!   

• Like 1

Definitely a neat trick!  That could remove a lot of enemy resources.

I've also been throwing an idea around recently.  With the On Site Assimilation upgrade, Hoffman can use a construct's (0) action.  He hires a large arachnid and copies the (0) Temporary Limb upgrade to get :+fate to all flips for the rest of the activation (needs a Scheme or Scrap marker).  I haven't tried it out yet but I'm wondering if that could help Hoffman get suits he needs?  With a Metal Gamin looped in and some constructs nearby, he's at Ca 10 and at most needs a 4+.  An extra flip could be the suit he needs.  Also more chances for the Black Joker though.

It does take 1 AP to set up, but Hoffman is already getting an extra AP from another model due to On Site Assimilation.  Is it worth getting the extra positive flips?

@skoatz It helped to O.S.A. the limb when I had a hand so bad only one card that high was reserved for Hoffman's use, though I think it might be just scheme marker removal with a bonus. Wish I had it when I last had to melee with him, though. (Hate. Lazarus. So much. Eat 'exploit design flaw'!) But I cannot stay angry...

*floats through the air trailing hearts, gears, and emissary cards!* :wub:

One of our unfortunate guys who keeps receiving non-errata cards also ordered emissary packs! He surprised me with a set, tonight! I promised to use it against other people instead. ;)

• Like 2

@skoatz I doubt I would spend an ap for such an unsure way to get suits. Most of the time you should have a card or two in your hand an I'd rather use a stone or something on the last action where I couldn't guarantee a suit but I guess it depends on your hand.

I might also rather drop an 11 on the Malifaux Child so it could give Hoffman the upgrade to grant auto rams if you want a lot of fast stuff. I think trying to loop everything is a trap, I would aim for one loop ap with the trigger for another loop and then machine puppet three big guys for ap and auto fast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@skoatz I doubt I would spend an ap for such an unsure way to get suits. Most of the time you should have a card or two in your hand an I'd rather use a stone or something on the last action where I couldn't guarantee a suit but I guess it depends on your hand.

I might also rather drop an 11 on the Malifaux Child so it could give Hoffman the upgrade to grant auto rams if you want a lot of fast stuff. I think trying to loop everything is a trap, I would aim for one loop ap with the trigger for another loop and then machine puppet three big guys for ap and auto fast.

Yeah it's an entire AP spent without actually guaranteeing a suit. I think I'll still try it out a time or two.

Also, are you thinking of targeting systems upgrade?  That only adds rams to Ml and Sh actions.  It doesn't work with machine puppet :(

1 hour ago, skoatz said:

Yeah it's an entire AP spent without actually guaranteeing a suit. I think I'll still try it out a time or two.

Also, are you thinking of targeting systems upgrade?  That only adds rams to Ml and Sh actions.  It doesn't work with machine puppet :(

Damn, I knew I had to have missed something :,( 

I'm currently using Hoffman's avatar in our Shifting Loyalties campaign because I'm running Hoffman.  After the campaign is over, I'd like to convert the Avatar by replacing Hoffman with a broken construct.  The guardian scale isn't right, so I couldn't really chop up a guardian.  (Well maybe I could only include the head and torso and maybe an arm or leg).  I also thought about a hunter, but I'm still tossing around that idea.

Any other ideas on a construct?  Maybe a steampunk robot miniature from somewhere else?  My googling has not resulted in a good steampunk robot though.  I also have an extra watcher.

I really like the conversion above, but I'd like to only replace Hoffman if possible.