December 12th - TOS Kickstarter Intro

Lucidicide

@Aaron

Well it is here in the UK usually. Not sure about over there. Most companies, particularly mine, the NHS, usually get paid before Christmas. Thats usually a week or so before the usual pay day.

Then again on the normal pay date in January. 

So this year, it's nigh on 5 weeks.

Money has to stretch further than usual.

Edit: And you guys drop this in my lap... damn you. :-D ah well I'll figure it out. 

• Like 1

Great video ! If I had to synthesize the +/- of the presentation I'd say:

+ The artworks are amazing and immersive. If the whole book is like this, this will be awesome.

+ The minis are gorgeous. I was doubtfull when I saw the very first spoilers but I must confess that what is shown on the video is extremely appealing.

+ I can't wait to see the fluff. I thought the burning man appearing in the sky was the governor botching his Ascension flip. Maybe I misunderstood. I can't wait to find out.

+ The Glory system is an excellent idea. Reversing the moral system is great.

+ The firesquad trays will allow for easier movements. It is definetly a good idea.

+ The pre-assembled minis seem a good idea also. I love painting but I hate assembling models.

- The firesquad trays and the miniature bases look very thick and inelegant on the renders. I am sure there are some choices behind this aesthetic but they really have a bad visual impact on the minis imho. Everybody I introduced the spoilers to had the exact same comment. Is there a plan to sell inserts or to change the renders to have something more discreet?

12 hours ago, Ludvig said:
12 hours ago, Aaron said:

I had no idea. I don't know any US companies that pay like that, nor the government. It probably does happen somewhere, but it's new to me!

Yeah, somewhere being Europe ;) We have the same thing here in the north.

I had no idea either. In France, the pay day does not differ before Christmas (still around 25th-31st depending on the companies).

13 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

- The firesquad trays and the miniature bases look very thick and inelegant on the renders. I am sure there are some choices behind this aesthetic but they really have a bad visual impact on the minis imho. Everybody I introduced the spoilers to had the exact same comment. Is there a plan to sell inserts or to change the renders to have something more discreet?

I believe that those are just mock ups for the sculptors.

So far I think we'll see the same type of bases (except plugged bases) with a rounded bevel for individual character models, Firesquad bases/movement trays and the Titans. 
Which more or less leaves the Fireteam bases to be pluggs, a non-beveled cilinder base. In both cases I think the choices are cool. It allows you to model the Fireteams with some unit/thematic basing and 'characters' will look a bit more significant, which from a gaming standpoint is just allright.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

We did thin out the bases. There is only so thin we can go, but they are not as big as you see.

Great news ! Do you have a render of the thinning result already available?

Every issue is an oppotunity though. Do you plan to sell base/tray scenic inserts similar to those sold for Malifaux's bases? Maybe not for the KS I guess as it is likely a bit early to think about that.

As usually the people that do not like assembling minis also do not enjoy basing minis too much, having inserts (in plastic if possible) ready to be stuck on the bases and the trays would spare a lot of time and probably give a good aesthetic result on the table.

Pre-assembled gorgeous plastic minis + good looking scenic plastic base/tray inserts = happy lazy player :p.

• Like 1

@yool1981 Perhaps I'm a lazy player... On the other side, it's exactly as you said, every 'issue' is an 'opportunity', players who find painting a whole army a daunting task (me included) also think about it this way because assembly can thake a lot of time to finish, which in turn removes a large part for the motivation I need to paint. Once it's assembled I find painting much cooler to do. 

There is a plus to the insert bases aswell, making a small diorama possible for every unit. I am certainly planning the latter to be the case for my stuff. Everything is optional but the often missed oppertunity of making a scene with a unit is something I'm looking very forward to for The Other Side. 

@JDAntoine: As I am a lazy player too, I support your statement wholeheartedly.

Any time I can spare on assembling and basing minis means more motivation to paint.

Mini-dioramas are awesome but currently usually kept for display trays. If we could easily and quickly make some for tabletop gaming (eg for firesquad trays), it would be great.

For further off-topic, I'm also getting paid before Christmas, though that is 'cause I usually get paid by the 2nd-3rd of each month. My GF, who gets paid by the 4-5th, will get paid regularly in January.

Love the artwork, and more renders. Liked the table setting shown in the video.... wonder how much vertical movement will be possible.