Black Friday Special Addition Characters

Toastmn

They do, actually. Elizabeth Báthory is who Amelia is based on (and wow does she make good source material for a Resser...), and Per Nilsson seems like a good fit for the Yoked-Up-Bishop model. A lot of Wyrd's special characters are based in some way on real-world people, so knowing who the basis of a character is tells you a lot about them.

If you're talking solely about in-universe fluff on them, I don't believe any exists yet. 

Yeah I thought you were asking about what influenced the names, as that is a common interest of many Malifaux players. Special editions rarely have any stories associated with them, though there are some cases, e.g. Luther (#17), Mr Cooper (#18) has Chronicle stories. Funnily I thought Doctor Dufresne also had a story but it turns out the art was used in a Chronicle story for a character called Imogene Watts (#12).

5 hours ago, sycorax said:

Dr. Dusfresne is from Defense of Innocence the TTB Penny Dreadful. 

I don't remember any particular fiction on either Amelia or Rowan. But my memory isn't what it used to be...

7 hours ago, DefyingReality said:

They do, actually. Elizabeth Báthory is who Amelia is based on (and wow does she make good source material for a Resser...), and Per Nilsson seems like a good fit for the Yoked-Up-Bishop model. A lot of Wyrd's special characters are based in some way on real-world people, so knowing who the basis of a character is tells you a lot about them.

If you're talking solely about in-universe fluff on them, I don't believe any exists yet. 

Yes, I meant in-universe fluff stories. Thanks for confirming they are yet to be any.

On 12/12/2016 at 4:14 PM, Bengt said:

Wow, she certainly sounds like a dear...  Is Amelia the Rafkin or Nico alt (seems much more Nico than Rafkin to me...)

On 13/12/2016 at 4:14 AM, DefyingReality said:

Just a quick q, where does the name Amelia come up?  Also, what are the names for the other limiteds?  Are they on the stat cards (mine haven't arrived yet).  Any ideas for their inspiration?