The Cards So Far

retnab

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Seeing a gameplay demonstration with the Cult might also help.

A dual commander battle between Abysinia and the Cult would be nice. But wyrd with the cult seems to be running into the issue of having a really cool idea and concept, that is held back by rather glaring thing that is missing. They want something both thematic and interesting, and I get the impression they have been having a lot of issues trying to figure it out. Glory is this game's key mechanic, not having one is glaring, but I do think everyone has gone through a similar feeling sometime or another, when you feel like you have an awesome idea but where one important detail keeps feeling "off" and the more you change it the more you get frustrated and aggravated by the fact that it doesn't seem to work.

Well that was a tangent....

But what I was meaning is that the cult seems very much a WIP. Moreso than the other factions.

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

A change to how the Cult achieves Glory would probably rekindle my interest in the faction. That and the ECB Black Ops stretch goal being reached.

And that was a Beary bad pun.

I had a thought regarding the Cult going Glory @Aaron, maybe a friendly model could spend the 2 Shaken Tokens to go Glory at the beginning or end of a friendly model's activation? That could give more strength to some of the deck cycling abilities we've seen too.

15 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

My apologies then, I guess my impressions were incorrect.

No apologies necessary at all. I'm just letting you know that they are doing really well in games.

As I mentioned, the Glory mechanic was a recent change to Cult, so we're honing in on this version. All of the Cult models are fine and players are going into Glory, but that one thing isn't working exactly yet... but that's why we're still playtesting :) I just don't want to give the impression that Cult are far behind -- they aren't. They're just undergoing some fluctuation to see if they can be made even better.

A combination of one Focus and one Shaken seems like it might be a nice combo and harder to deny than two Shaken. I remember something from another fictional setting, I want to say it was a Magic card flavor text or something in DnD, but it went along the lines of "the clarity of true madness". Focus + Shaken seems like a nice representation of that.

7 minutes ago, Aaron said:

No apologies necessary at all. I'm just letting you know that they are doing really well in games.

As I mentioned, the Glory mechanic was a recent change to Cult, so we're honing in on this version. All of the Cult models are fine and players are going into Glory, but that one thing isn't working exactly yet... but that's why we're still playtesting :) I just don't want to give the impression that Cult are far behind -- they aren't. They're just undergoing some fluctuation to see if they can be made even better.

I had more of the impression that the cult was 90% finished with the final pieces being a bit of a headache due to them being the keystone of how the cult plays.

I often seem to have that problem on things I work on, hence the tangent above. Good to hear you guys don't seem to be suffering from that!

Updated The Broken to show it's two 100mm Fireteams with 5 models per base (making them pretty beefy actually). Can't wait until I can put info on Horomatangi on the list, $15k(ish) away! I'm a bit surprised at how little info we have on him, I wonder what his playstyle is going to be like. We have the Portal guy in Adeodatos and the deck cycle and Shaken guy in Fenton, maybe Horo is the brute strength guy?

9 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

A change to how the Cult achieves Glory would probably rekindle my interest in the faction. That and the ECB Black Ops stretch goal being reached.

Seeing a gameplay demonstration with the Cult might also help.

Or an Immolated Bear. 

That sounds like a good Alternate Model.

Hey all, so now that we know the non-Titan Champion/Commander Assets, I've put them on the original post.  I've also reorganized the cards a bit and put them into quote boxes based on their categories, which should make it easier to see just the ones you want together.

EDIT: lol, an hour later and we already have more info.  Updated with the Glory side of Goryshche, Stalking Portals, The Warped, and Twisted Horrors.  Also, Stalking Portals may have gone down from 4s to 3s?  Not confirmed yet though.  Also, *NEW GLORY CONDITIONS*!  Seems much easier to go to Glory now, you get to do the discard 2 Shaken to Glory at any time not during an action now.

Woo!  Puts them at the same scrip-to-model ratio as The Broken, not bad at all :) The only question I have now is what that does to Adeodatos' box, as now it's 9+9+3 for 21 of the 25 scrip, and all the assets we've seen so far cost 1 only.  We would need two 2 scrip assets he can take to reach 25 in the box.

Titan Assets are up and written in (I noted what abilities/actions are from what card so its a bit easier to see)!  Lots of Versatile actions available which is nice, I was worried initially it'd be a melee only creature.  Fast Regeneration seems amazing on top of its Asset regen abilities!

No problem! :D Between my excitement for the game, my current unemployment, and my love of making lists and charts it was pretty much guaranteed I'd be doing something like this haha.  Since all the cards are going to be available on the website this thread is going to become obsolete for sure, but I'm thinking of making a thread when that happens that just goes over the benefits of Glory for all of our models (who gets passives, new abilities, + to AV and other stats, and just triggers.  Basically a more talky version of my written breakdown of the cards in the opening post) if there's interest.

• Like 1

Do twisted horrors seem a little meh when compared to warped to anyone else?

Warped have:

better armor (if unactivated), defense, mobility, and melee 

Twisted have:

25% chance of getting a reinforcement token when a squad dies, a str 2 ranged attack (average), and are 1 scrip cheaper

Some changes to the Cults card mentioned by Aaron:

Fenton's Whispering Madness ability can now target friendly units so at the start of his activation he can easily glory people.

Horace's card isn't up on the Website yet, but he can now also give Inspired or Shaken tokens on his Bellow of Command action

Yeah, I've put a comment at the start saying now that there's an official place where the cards are getting updates in real time my written section is going to get out of date super easily and really fast.  So I'm still going to try and put the new cards up here so you can see unGlory/Glory halves side-to-side it's probably going to be more accurate to just go to the website.  On that note, Adjunct is up!  It seems pretty handy, gives protection against those who would try to stop its unit go Glory and get a free action to give a friendly or enemy a Shaken Token.  Not bad!

The Cult Stratagems are up (Also the Breachling and Doomseekers)!  Lots of cool sounding stuff in there, I could see all 8 of them finding uses somewhere, although I can definitely see why The Burning Man Descends would be popular with the playtesters lol.

• Like 1