What story/book was the first?

Just stories in the rulebook and Chronicles.  The origins are in the main rulebook from Malifaux 1.5 edition which you can find on Drive Thru Rpg. Then is rising powers (1.5). Then the third book in 1.5 (twisting fates). Then storm of shadows (1.5).

After that is Malifaux 2nd edition continuing the storyline

I still dream of all this being put into a book format.  No offense, but I personally can't stand the American accent on the audiobooks, especial for characters like Seamus and Rasputina...  Didn't really get beyond that.

Although to be fair, I also didn't enjoy the GW audiobooks in the British accents, so maybe I just don't like audiobooks!

So to recap, Wyrd, if you're listening, I'd love to get all the fluff printed in a document and either made a fluff book, or just digitallised!  I (and I'm sure a lot of others!) would snap this up in half a heartbeat!

40 minutes ago, Da Git said:

So to recap, Wyrd, if you're listening, I'd love to get all the fluff printed in a document and either made a fluff book, or just digitallised!  I (and I'm sure a lot of others!) would snap this up in half a heartbeat!

"... or just digitized"?  The PDFs for the first edition books are $7 each, and the PDFs for the 2nd edition books are $28 each.  So what price for that collection are you actually asking for, instead of the current $140 price?

At the moment they're packaged this innovative short story collection format, where the stories are broken up by pictures and character biographies, and things like the random three paragraphs about Boris the bear, and the vignettes.  What parts of the background are you wanting to lose?

Disclaimer: I'm spoiled.  If I wanted a PDF of all of the stories together for my personal use, I'd just open up a PDF editor and start copying pages from the books into it.  

Ian's not American though. :P

So what did you think of the lady that did some of the over-reading for the Other Side?

As for the ebooks and stuff - I really need to make that happen. We started to get that ready mid last year and honestly, comes down to finding time for someone to settle in and make it happen. I'm hoping next year is when we can do so, I've got a fella that might just be right for that. No promises though!

• Like 3

On 15/12/2016 at 11:24 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Ian's not American though. :P

So what did you think of the lady that did some of the over-reading for the Other Side?

As for the ebooks and stuff - I really need to make that happen. We started to get that ready mid last year and honestly, comes down to finding time for someone to settle in and make it happen. I'm hoping next year is when we can do so, I've got a fella that might just be right for that. No promises though!

Thanks for the reply!  Had another listen to the Breachside Broadcast & actually kind of like it now.  I also thought the lady on ToS was nice, the music mainly adds to the atmosphere though.  Huge difference from the Deep Madness videos where I thought they overdid the voice-over, so when I first heard it I thought it was kind of boring but now I think I like this better.

For me, the big thing I have with audiobooks is that I find it really difficult to listen without doing anything else at the same time (I'm listening to a podcast as I type this for example), so the audiobook tends to go into the background.  With a physical book, I tend to focus all my attention on that so I can actually absorb it.  Also, if I'm looking for a specific tidbit, I find it much easier in a book.  This would especially be easier if all the fluff were compiled into one book.

Ideally what I'd love to see would be like a living fluff book where all the fluff from the books and Chronicles are compiled in chronological order and any new fluff can be added though the internet or a free(!) update through Drive through...

On 15/12/2016 at 11:10 PM, solkan said:

"... or just digitized"?  The PDFs for the first edition books are $7 each, and the PDFs for the 2nd edition books are $28 each.  So what price for that collection are you actually asking for, instead of the current $140 price?

At the moment they're packaged this innovative short story collection format, where the stories are broken up by pictures and character biographies, and things like the random three paragraphs about Boris the bear, and the vignettes.  What parts of the background are you wanting to lose?

Disclaimer: I'm spoiled.  If I wanted a PDF of all of the stories together for my personal use, I'd just open up a PDF editor and start copying pages from the books into it.  

I already have all the original books in physical form and would prefer to put that ~$150 into minis rather than the complete digital set.  That said if you can recommend a good pdf editor, feel free to PM me!