Mercenaries?

Exactly what it seems, do you guys think that there will be mercenaries in the game?

Personally I doubt that there will be a dedicated merc. faction like the Outcasts, but have no idea whether or not they will be present. If they are however, I am going to guess that faction origine is going to restrict your merc choice, for example a malifaux faction cannot hire earth mercenaries, and an earth faction cannot hire malifaux mercenaries. The fact that earth and malifaux factions seem to be powerhouse and subversive respectively this seems like it would help prevent the issues that other games had with mercs in that they could be used to simply make up for disadvantages and break the game. You won't be able to pick up some snipers to aid your hordes or some mindless fodder to protect your snipers.

I think they could eventually appear, no real need for them now and likely more exclusive as mentioned by @Emberlost.

World War usually included some mercenaries but I believe it more or less came down to very skilled individuals and rarely whole armies. 

The Feikorps are something I think could be included in The Other Side, the warlike flavour is allready there... But I don't know what the current Feikorps are on The Other Side. 

9 hours ago, Misery Rex said:

I can't see mercenaries working for the Gibbering Horde...what would the monsters pay them with?   lol

But that would mean one entire faction who couldn't use a pool of models.

Soulstones I'm assuming?  I'm sure there were some underwater in Malifaux