The faction I'm waiting for...

JDAntoine

Well, it seems the Guild is a syndicate rather than an actual faction. I get the impression that syndicates will work with you taking a champion from that faction and gaining acces to a few new models in exchange. Most of the Guilds signature forces from malifaux (witchling stalkers, death marshalls, and austingers) are unique to Malifaux and won't be making an appearance. Guild will probably just have a bunch of standard mooks that you can field. I think they will basically serve as less trained freikorps.

However they will probably still stick with the rules of the card that you took, which will be kinda funny with models from the court of two (please be gothic ghosts and vampires) eating giant fishes in order to become more powerful.

It also feels that as more models were revealed people stopped the rampant speculation of new factions that will be released to focus on the ones currently revealed.

• Like 1

Decided to give this a little bump of all the new Guild stuff. ;) 

The Guild of Mercantilers arose during the Black Powder wars in the 1800s. It was a conglomeration of nobles, merchants, and mages who wished to see an end to the fighting. The quickest way to end the conflict was to gain control of Soulstones, and they put all their energy to that task.

With control of the world's Soulstones largely in their grasp, they were able to force the world into a cease fire. The Breach reopening years later led to a growth in their power but also a chafing of the world's nations at the Guild's somewhat tyrannical oversight.

After the Battle of London, the Guild pulled back its forces around the world and is choosing its battles carefully, ensuring that it has influence with whatever nations and empires survive the bloody war.

-

The Guild have been a major world power for years and years. An increasingly tightening grip on the world powers and their economies led to a lot of resentment.

The Battle of London proved a good tipping point. The Guild have taken a bit of a step back, selling their forces to the highest bidder to ensure that the global conflict does not weaken them much.

Updated artwork:

Banner.jpg 

I think the updated coverwork for The Guild is a very interesting change, as it seems we lost a sniper in favour of a Acedemic/Journalist/Propagandist. Which from my perspective makes a lot of sence.

Advanced weaponry. Soulstones. Spies. All for a price, my friend.
— Overheard Guild Envoy

@Xavian and Deathgrip No mooks, standard grunts or poorly trained choices at all ;) 

And then we have this beautiful lady:

download.jpg 

The first Guild Syndicate model to be revealed is Samantha Thrace.

Thrace is a capable fighter and tactician. While she doesn't agree with all of the Guild's decisions, she continues to serve with distinction, including some incredible fighting at the Battle of London. 

As always looking forward to more! As is I'll likely be backing the Cult of the Burning Man :D obviously followed by an alliance that can include Samantha Thrace.