Gibbering Hordes Image Previews

Akai

Edit: Wyrd has a much better organized viewing of all the renders at this link here:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/gibbering-hordes

From the Allegiance Video...Karkinoi and Spotted Skulkers. I thought the horde came from the ocean so I am curious the background for the Yarazi and its wings.

Gibbering_Speckled%20Crawlers.jpg

Stormsiren (Commander)

Gibbering_Stormrisen.jpg

Striped Skulkers (5 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

Gibbering_Spotted%20Skulkers.jpg

2f69d8a1fe7f8d098e4db852e340baa1_origina

Yarazi (5 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

Gibbering_Yarazi.jpg

404ac8e38923c5823ed84ea7a197d1ff_origina

Alpha Crawler (Titan)

Gibbering_Alpa%20Crawler.jpg

Gibbering_Barbed%20Creepers.jpg

The Frenzy (Commander, 3 models!?)

Gibbering_Frenzy.jpg

Gibbering_Egg%20Clutch.jpg

Gibbering_Armored%20Whelks.jpg

Karkinoi (5 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

Gibbering_Karkinoi.jpg

38a0b3f4f447334bf05249e0c53dff4a_origina

• Like 6

On 12/6/2016 at 2:41 AM, Aaron said:

I am going to tell you something.

Her name is Stormsiren.

There was a... typo. Stormsiren.

Maybe you should take this a sign from a greater power. 

Stormrisen sound more original and cool. If you do not have to reedit something already printed, well I would condider it.

It's probably either:

-A promotional art image shown over a year ago and things have changed since then?

-They are both Malifaux allegiances and I don't know maybe there is some crossover potential in forces based on whether they're part of Earth or Malifaux allegiances? Maybe?

-The Burning Man's arrival seems to have precipitated the opening of portals to Malifaux which brought the Gibbering Hordes, so it may simply be unintentional?

But I highly doubt they'd have any dual faction things this early in the game, not to mention we've seen his card already.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

But I highly doubt they'd have any dual faction things this early in the game, not to mention we've seen his card already.

Why? If Malifaux M2E was any indication we saw dual faction Masters appear with the first Wave aswell.

In other words, do you really think the prime Promotional art has a massive mistake in it? OR Are dual factions instantly an option?

Because right now it looks like 4 factions, each with 1 commander, possibly with the second as a stretch goal given my interpretation of Aaron's remark above. 

M2E was an update to an earlier system that had 6 factions, and added a 7th, each of which had several leaders and themes. It's not comparable.

At an early stage it's important to give each faction a strong identity and making crossover units so early dilutes that.

I could be wrong though, but it still seems highly unlikely. 

• Like 1