Gibbering Hordes Image Previews

Akai

Right now, I'd rather see them focus on giving each faction its own strong, unique identity than models that cross over factions. I'm not saying that models that cross factions couldn't be a thing, just not too many, please.

Also, we have no idea what list structure looks like at this point. In Malifaux, you have to have one leader, a Master or Henchman. We've no clue what TOS requires. (Although I expect some sort of leader will be required.)

1 hour ago, Emberlost said:

Also, we have no idea what list structure looks like at this point. In Malifaux, you have to have one leader, a Master or Henchman. We've no clue what TOS requires. (Although I expect some sort of leader will be required.)

I feel like in the other side your allegiance will be more important than in Malifaux, yes factions were important in Malifaux, but you kinda chose masters rather than a faction. With this it feels like people are going to pick a allegiance and stick with it much more than in Malifaux.

Not saying either system is better or worse, just commenting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

I feel like in the other side your allegiance will be more important than in Malifaux, yes factions were important in Malifaux, but you kinda chose masters rather than a faction. With this it feels like people are going to pick a allegiance and stick with it much more than in Malifaux.

49 minutes ago, H4ml3t said:

I don't want to want this game but I do. If I bite the bullet and jump on board I'm definitely getting Gibbering Hordes. All Allegiances have great looking models but I love every one of these.

You do want this game and the Flippering Hordes. 

14 minutes ago, Emberlost said:

Ignore prior post, boards are being wonky.

I just came up with the silliest reason of all to play Gibbering Hordes: You have an excuse to play the Fish Heads song.

I recon this is too big to plug into one of those plug bases...

Big Mouth Billy Bass (unplugged)

On 6.12.2016 at 3:31 PM, Aaron said:

The sculpt adjusted some

The pose sure looks better.
I'm just sad to see that little fellas don't seem to be on board anymore. It gived the model nice character to have little brothers riding along.

Really like those bug-eyed crawlers. Kinda wish there was more of "deep one"-esque creepy fish people in the range. Don't care all that much for Armored Whelk or Karkinoi. Although I'm joining the choir and say that Stormsiren is amazing!

7 hours ago, Emberlost said:

I just came up with the silliest reason of all to play Gibbering Hordes: You have an excuse to play the Fish Heads song.

I would say it's more of an excuse to play this song:

• Um.. I mean to just post a link, but alright.

Or maybe this one:

I like Castlevania

Edited by Xavian and Deathgrip
WHAT IS A MAN!?

20 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Because right now it looks like 4 factions, each with 1 commander, possibly with the second as a stretch goal given my interpretation of Aaron's remark above. 

M2E was an update to an earlier system that had 6 factions, and added a 7th, each of which had several leaders and themes. It's not comparable.

At an early stage it's important to give each faction a strong identity and making crossover units so early dilutes that.

I could be wrong though, but it still seems highly unlikely. 

Hi! Well after having watched the card slides again I think we're technically capable to figure out at least 2 commanders, maby even more per faction. Obviously some of these might also just be characters but I still think that the likelyness of dual commanders is out there, not for all, just for some, I assume. 

Unlike Malifaux The Other Side doesn't really suffer from faction identity because you'll always have more in-faction army pieces on the board as out-faction army pieces. At this point I'd even say that Malifaux in terms of faction identity is hard to split by just looking at abilities and the like. In many cases characters and their sub-themes are what makes it having a strong identity. For example, I think the Lady Justice box and other Guild Marshals will be a serious consideration again when the Death Marshal Recruiter is out that specifically buffs Guild Marshals (or makes them tarpits).

I believe that faction identity more often comes from the whole picture/crew/army than a single individual/model/flag. However I do agree with you that crossover units is something I wouldnt apply instantly. By large because units make up the whole picture. A Titan should largely remain exclusive to the faction, so would a Fireteam but for highly skilled individuals like Commanders I can see reasoning to switch over (out of several interests) Alliances. 

On Wyrd's Youtube Channel there are 2 videos showcasing models, one is for the Siren, the other is for The Frenzy. It's mentioned that the Frenzy will be the other Commander, so 2 Commanders / Allegiance seems to be the case.

I'm assuming for now the boxes offered for the KS are the ones that are more developed from a production and possibly rules standpoint for now, so I think we'll see Commander boxes, similar to Master boxes, down the line.

Liking the aesthetic, and the use of Tide Pools and terrain that's in teh gameplay video. I can't wait to see a Cult and Hordes match up, since that seems to promise frenetic action :D

36 minutes ago, Parker Barrows said:

Well, the Kickstarter has pictures of the Commanders we get if the $225K Stretch Goal is made, The Frenzy is listed 1 out of 3 as opposed to the others who are presumably one models.

In the Kickstarter comments it was confirmed that The Frenzy is actually a squad/fireteam? of 3 and not just a singular commander. Which is pretty interesting!

• Like 2

On 12/7/2016 at 1:00 PM, Emberlost said:

Also don't forget Its Beginning to "Look a Lot Like Fishmen" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI

and "If I Were a Deep One" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzdIaBnckg