Sign in to follow this  
Akai

King's Empire Image Previews

4 hours ago, Wlokk said:

I think I'm going to have to shave off those dorky blunderbuss muzzles off my KE models.

You could if you really dont like them. I dont think its bad, they are high range and strength afterall. :)

8 hours ago, JDAntoine said:

You could if you really dont like them. I dont think its bad, they are high range and strength afterall. :)

I just don't like the blunderbuss look. I'd rather see iron sights at the end. 

The flared muzzle is too cartoony for me, and that goes double when it is made over pronounced like those and the artillery.

I think the look is amplified by most of the models not having that flair, so the few that do, Charles, rifle corp, field intel and artillery make it more annoying to me.

edit:And that's weird because those are all high accuracy units but that horn on the end is typical of a time where hitting someone was more about luck than skill.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wlokk said:

....that's weird because those are all high accuracy units but that horn on the end is typical of a time where hitting someone was more about luck than skill.

For me the entire steampunk vibe and look is an excellent  thing...but with KE the look is also flirting quite heavily with First World War uniforms/steel helmets etc...ok...that works well in an alternate world/steampunk setting...BUT....blunderbusses are either historically from the late seventeen hundreds or early eighteen hundreds or they are Elmer Fudd...in the early twentieth century for me it just doesn't cut it either way.The other three factions are far enough removed from reality to work well as fantasy but KE are neither War Of The Worlds or early twentieth century military.

...on a similar note whilst most of the elements of the KE overall look very good as a human element for TOS The Dragoons to my eye also look cartoonish and not at all military.It is one thing to invent Infiltrators who totally look the part and look as though they could step in or out of Malifaux at a moments notice...but the cavalrymen are devoid of all the military paraphernalia that historically made them heavy hitters....obviously this is just my opinion.

Interesting to see the different opinions. I see that Wyrd has always mixed the real history with some great aspects of fantasy. In many artwork and design this is also replicated. It's reconizable and also at the same time still steampunk fantasy :) . I personally like the look of all KE units. I don't really know why Royal Rifle Corps have bandana's but other than that I feel the fantasy mix is allright as usual. 

Um, maybe they think the other armies smell bad! 

or

bandannas could be a make shift filter, lot of chemical warfare at that time.

The blunder buss is something I can fix through work so not that bad. I might get the artillery later in pieces to make removing that bell edge easier.

However those missing back pack straps are going to bug me! Might have to learn to green stuff/ sculpt if that's the final render.