King's Empire Image Previews

Akai

Edit: Wyrd has a much better organized viewing of all the renders at this link here:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/kings-empire

10 units were introduced in The Other Side Allegiance Video. I like the infiltrator the most. Margaret Belle is neat but seems somewhat out of place in the army's aesthetic. Seems more fit in Arcanists. King's Empire remind me the most to the Guild aesthetic.

King's Hand (Titan)

King_Kings%20Hand.jpg

King_South%20Wales%20Borderers.jpg

Margaret Belle (Commander)

King_Margaret%20Belle.jpg

Royal Rifle Corps (5 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

King_Royal%20Rifle%20Corps.jpg

1e35e5fd386c4382f181b68b492b9e31_origina

Charles Edmonton (Commander)

King_Charles%20Edmonton.jpg

Infiltrators (5 unique sculpts, 9 in a box)

King_Infiltrators.jpg

2a6abaa26aea86ffdab673138c2c15a4_origina

King_Field%20Intelligence%20Corps.jpg

King_Grenadiers.jpg

King_Albert%20Campbell.jpg

Empire Dragoons (3 unique sculpts, 6 in a box)

King_Empire%20Dragoons.jpg

ff4a74b6cf231d5936ea230c58c9d4b3_origina

Okoye (Dual Faction Commander)

tos_1.jpg

Edited by Akai
Added Wyrd's Link to All Renders
  • Like 7

On 12/11/2016 at 2:25 AM, Emberlost said:

Looking at the pictures again, and noticing that the South Wales Borderers seem to be wearing some sort of powered exoskeleton. I know there are coal mines in Wales, could they be conscripted coal miners wearing their mining gear?

To be honest, I hope that is not the case. The South Wales Borderers were a regular infantry regiment, professionally trained and with a long and glorious history. If Wyrd want to make stuff up, that's fine, it's their world after all. If they are going to use actual historical figures and references, I hope they do so with respect to the men, women and organizations involved.

Working with the concept of the British Empire as a starting point, there are a lot of regiments, historical figures and themes for Wyrd to draw upon. Scots, Irish, Sikhs, Gurhkas and more served in the Empire, so Wyrd have no shortage of inspiration for the King's Empire forces. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deadmanwade said:

To be honest, I hope that is not the case. The South Wales Borderers were a regular infantry regiment, professionally trained and with a long and glorious history. If Wyrd want to make stuff up, that's fine, it's their world after all. If they are going to use actual historical figures and references, I hope they do so with respect to the men, women and organizations involved.

Working with the concept of the British Empire as a starting point, there are a lot of regiments, historical figures and themes for Wyrd to draw upon. Scots, Irish, Sikhs, Gurhkas and more served in the Empire, so Wyrd have no shortage of inspiration for the King's Empire forces. 

Ah, my bad. I didn't think of them being based off a real-world military unit. 

The british empire was very large and diverse, but wyrd may try to avoid all the unfortunate implications that came with the empire. Te negative effects are still felt today in many areas of the world, they were the original "west" in the modern world. And that sentiment has not really changed, just shifted targets from UK to USA. The only places that really look back somewhat nostalgically are Canada and Australia, and 1) those countries are now rules by whites, and 2) neither of those countries would ever wish to rejoin the empire. They are fine being part of the common wealth, but empire, no.

Of course it would kinda be cool seeing a large and diverse selection of units for the empire. Especially Canadians. I just reinforced my own point by accident didn't I...