The Crossroads 7, or whom for what

Frozen Feet

The Crossroads Seven

Seven enforcer Mercs to be hired by any Crew.

So far, just met 2 of them in tournament settings..

-Envy with Jack daw... as an enemy: very bothersome

-Lust with something 10T in faction... no rememberance on that...

Is anybody frequently using one or more of the glorious 7 in his Crews?

And if yes, whom with which Master, to do what?

I am a little helpless with them....

Greetings

Tobi

aka Frozen Feet

Well Six Enforcers and one Henchmen.  Wrath is a Neverborn Henchmen.

I have used Wrath several times as a cheaper Henchmen in my Neverborn.  He often either has Mimic's Blessing or now Thousand Faces so he can get Mimic's Blessing or Retribution Eye depending what is better.  Mostly he has started to show up in my lists due to Show of Force and Hunting Party, to give me a better chance of handling those.  I have in my Zoraida list obeyed enemies to attack him so that I can make them fail their terrifying test to paralyze them which has been real nice too.  Primarily it has been with Zoraida and maybe Pandora right now.

I have seen Lust used a couple times too, mostly for movement support and then some manipulation later with her attack.  She has also lurked behind combats before so that they are in her aura making people drop cards or take damage as they want to use their AP to attack and not move towards her.

Seen an Envy in a Colette crew as a sort of second beater/range support.  Only a SS more expensive than a December Acolyte with a similar damage spread but those potential blasts make opponents spread out.  Supported it is not hard for Envy to get two focus shots against a target after putting a scheme marker near them.  Also heard about some people using Envy with Collodi, the ability to give Collodi a focus without spending his own AP so he can pass it out and around apparently was part of some list build.

Used most of them with Jack Daw.

Lust is amazing

Greed does very decent damage and has good area denial

Sloth is a handy way to hand out Slow

Envy is a very mean ranged damager

Gluttony can destroy an opponent's key piece if he lands his spell 

haven't yet tried Wrath or Pride, but they are kinda meh

still, they work especially well with Jack because he can hire them freely and gives them free pushes on activation

his ability to copy once per turn actions is also invaluable

don't know how they would fare in non-JD crews though

They added a lot of Enforcer (and one Henchman) options to Jack Daw, which is where I think they fit best. Most of his other Tormented options are Minions, so it's nice having the increased range of models.

That said, I haven't painted mine yet so haven't used them.

Lust is the breakout solo artist from the band.  A good home for her is a Pandora crew - being able to force 3 willpower duels from 1AP is frightening efficiency. 

I've used her with Lynch too (just last night in fact) in 10T and enjoyed what she brought to the crew - she kept threats at the correct range for me to deal with.

For both these masters, she can keep them out of trouble with her (0) action too.

Sloth I've faced a few time, particularly with Jack Daw recently.  His defensive trigger to end an attacker's activation is nasty and since he can hand out slow too, its a neat package.

I don't see the others very often at all.

Like everyone else, I've seen Lust in a lot of crews - her aura is the easiest to punish enemies with, her deck control is always useful, movement tricks are great, and she can hit surprisingly hard in the right situation (especially with the aforementioned deck control).

I'm a big fan of Envy. Very straightforward, durable, ranged damage-dealer, who is competent in melee, and can help out many crews with the ability to hand out Focus.

Wrath and Greed and Sloth all bring some nice pieces to the table, and I usually see them in crews specifically built to work well with him. Wrath paired with Barbaros, for example - Wrath can make Barbaros hit harder, or Barbaros can draw in attacks and bring Wrath's aura into play. Sloth offers debuffs and healing and the most generically functional of the auras - and has the keywords for some nice synergy with certain Masters. Greed has a great Df trigger and song attack, especially if you can copy it (with Hannah, Changelings, etc.)

I've never had much luck with Pride, but it always feels like the anti-Cheat-Fate stuff should be useful.

Gluttony has been even more difficult to make work. He has some nice tricks for clearing enemy scheme markers... but it always feels like there are easier ways to make that happen. I had one cool game where Jack Daw used him and Crooked Men in a nifty combo, but outside of that very specific crew, he just feels less versatile than the other Crossroads folks, and particularly overcosted within the Gremlins faction.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at them with Arcanists, Lust works amazing with Ironsides.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm curious about Sloth in a Slow/Paralyze style Rasputina crew.  Gluttony and Envy are both great with Colette and Grab & Drop Kaeris (due to the Scheme Markers all over).  Haven't seen much use for Greed, Pride, or Wrath though.

On 4.12.2016 at 8:09 PM, EnternalVoid said:

I have used Wrath several times as a cheaper Henchmen in my Neverborn.  He often either has Mimic's Blessing or now Thousand Faces so he can get Mimic's Blessing or Retribution Eye depending what is better.

Isn't Retribution's Eye Enforcer only?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

To me they have 3 problems: 1. They feel a point too expensive for their lack of durability; 2. So many of them are limited to once per turn for their signature action;  3. They often offer a choice of consequences,  So your opponent can often choose the least impactful of those for the situation. 

That's why you see lust more.  Her signature move isn't limited to once per turn (though I don't have the card in front of me and am now doubting myself), her durability is helped by her ability to place threats away and mess up charge lanes and the place doesn't give your opponent a choice.   

Envy is similar with his armor,  range and damage not raising any options.