The King's Empire Discussion

Parker Barrows

1 hour ago, horvagab said:

Yet!

I'M wondering what's up with India.... in Sandeep's story, it was Guild controlled, but KE is also mentioned as having it, so that means... the Guild lot a whole lot of space. I assume the KE was already thinking of getting out of Guild yoke, but the Burning Man gave a good opportunity to do so.

I think that the ties to the King's Empire also are reflected in Malifaux under the Arcanist reign.

As mentioned on the Cult of the Burning man, if you want to seize control back doing so upon chaotic times is the best time to do so. So while the Guild might have wanted to hold back some Hordes, poke em in the pooper and gain back control. 

On 12/7/2016 at 3:04 PM, MetaphoricDragn said:

It occurs to me, we saw a Welsh unit, but  no Irish unit yet :(

Well, considering Irish history - the second there is trouble in England we tend to rebel. Open the paper of a Sunday and see London is suffering from a mild case of Burning Man and its off to pick up what weapon is to hand and drive out the local garrison~ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I actually changed Albert Campbell to be named Artillery Team. Take from that what you will :)

Ah, that makes more sense.

Thank you.

Just out of curiosity, why was he called Albert Campbell in the first place? Was that another one of the typos that were awkwardly common. Not trying to be rude here.

On 12/17/2016 at 2:28 AM, Cinnamon Bear said:

There is a story in one of the recent Chronicles about how Ireland was faring under the Guild specifically (spoiler: very badly).

Which Number? I have them all downloaded but need to work my way through them... still holding out for Titania turning out to be Morrighan and saving the day with Robin and the rest of the Justice League. A man can dream.

11 hours ago, Da Git said:

Thinking about changing to a dual commander pledge and getting the KE.  The catch here is to convert the models to Australians!  Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling anyways!

That's  great Idea, you could hang some corks from the infiltrators hats, widen the brim of the riflemen corps helmets, extend the coats on the dragoons to be drizabone's

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On December 24, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Dejavu said:

That's  great Idea, you could hang some corks from the infiltrators hats, widen the brim of the riflemen corps helmets, extend the coats on the dragoons to be drizabone's

Ok, I give up, why do the hats need corks on them, and given the pain that is assembling Abuela Ortega's hat-with-dangles and that The Other Side avoids such, why would you go and add fiddly assembly back in?! :huh:

*not too disappointed sigh* Abyssinia is wonderful and all, but the mechanic lady might be dual allegiance and the most giant of stompybots (which can spread glory just by being awesome! and not necessarily killing) is here, so here I am.

And the rulers of Malifaux will pay dearly for taking our commander-to-be from us!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

As I read the card, the awesomness of the King´s Hand does not let you glory your men but unglory the opponents. Yes, I am dissappointed too :(

Are we talking about the Awestruck trigger on the Hand's glory side?  Because that flips friendly units *to* glory.  

17 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Ok, I give up, why do the hats need corks on them, and given the pain that is assembling Abuela Ortega's hat-with-dangles and that The Other Side avoids such, why would you go and add fiddly assembly back in?! :huh:

It's one of those quintessential/stereotypical Australian things, like thongs, singlets, beer and BBQ's, oh and of course drop bears whose primary diet is tourists.

It'd also be totally worth the effort if you wanted an aussie army as it would really help give the visual effect of being Australian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_hat

Oh also akubra hats would a pretty visually identifiable mod:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akubra

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...