Is nellie the new queen of the kj bomb?

4thstringer

So I haven't tried this yet but I think nellies activation control and cheap mercs makes the kj bomb viable.   Heres a list.   Your thoughts? 

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 6 Pool
 - Embedded (1)
 - Misleading Headlines (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Captain Dashel (9)
 - Arrest Him (0)
Killjoy (12)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Johan (6)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

I've got no idea why Dashel is in the list. If Allison Dale is in the list then I could see taking him for the extra Guild Guards so she can get extra damage from her attack.

There are three Field Reporters which doesn't make much sense to me. They aren't good KJ targets because they are not very fast to get across the board. If you go up against a long range list you might find that they aren't doing much of anything. I'd suggest Guild Hounds as an alternative. Manipulative is good, but I don't think it helps with the KJ bomb. Maybe I'd drop down to one or two field reporters.

Nellie is also should have her Delegation Upgrade so you can throw something across the field. Perhaps take a Ronin? You could give it fast and then launch it across the board then next turn you could use its Seppuku action to summon KJ? Not sure if that works though, I don't know if that will allow KJ to be summoned.

What schemes are you trying to cover in this list? Or is this just a general I want to table my opponent list?

6 hours ago, Hagisman said:

I've got no idea why Dashel is in the list. If Allison Dale is in the list then I could see taking him for the extra Guild Guards so she can get extra damage from her attack.

There are three Field Reporters which doesn't make much sense to me. They aren't good KJ targets because they are not very fast to get across the board. If you go up against a long range list you might find that they aren't doing much of anything. I'd suggest Guild Hounds as an alternative. Manipulative is good, but I don't think it helps with the KJ bomb. Maybe I'd drop down to one or two field reporters.

Nellie is also should have her Delegation Upgrade so you can throw something across the field. Perhaps take a Ronin? You could give it fast and then launch it across the board then next turn you could use its Seppuku action to summon KJ? Not sure if that works though, I don't know if that will allow KJ to be summoned.

What schemes are you trying to cover in this list? Or is this just a general I want to table my opponent list?

Daschel reactivates the dog,  so it can go 24 inches and then let loose kj.  I chose the field reporters as a default 4 stone choice with nellie.  I might actually trade one out for a death marshall and delegation,  or trade them all for wardens.   Honestly, more hounds would work too,  but I don't own more than my 1 proxy one.  

This is an "everything but sof" list,  though I wouldn't mind running it in sof if my opponent only had one good model for it, as kj would focus on killing them first.   The important parts are nellie with upgrades,  kj, daschel, and the hOund.   everything else is whatever you want to put in there. 

• Like 1

She is probably great with killjoy, but i'd say that Hamelin takes first place for KJ bomb (better activation control and  basically you're sacrificing a free model, plus you have additional attacks from Obey), and Tara is second (She can borrow his skills plus unbury him with chain activation without sacrificing anything).

6 hours ago, Cedar said:

She is probably great with killjoy, but i'd say that Hamelin takes first place for KJ bomb (better activation control and  basically you're sacrificing a free model, plus you have additional attacks from Obey), and Tara is second (She can borrow his skills plus unbury him with chain activation without sacrificing anything).

There isn't much of a difference between giving something fast and obeying it to attack but I agree on Hamelin being the king of activation control.

Don't forget that the guild emmissary can borrow killjoy's attacks before he unburies so you could do some silly stuff with that. I'd swap Dashel for the emmissary.

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Daschel reactivates the dog,  so it can go 24 inches and then let loose kj.

If you are using the sacrifice from On Yer Feet! to release Killjoy he'll miss that turn since he wont unburry until after the activation phase is over. I think it's important for the effectiveness of the "bomb" that he gets to activate last one turn and early the next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

There isn't much of a difference between giving something fast and obeying it to attack but I agree on Hamelin being the king of activation control.

Don't forget that the guild emmissary can borrow killjoy's attacks before he unburies so you could do some silly stuff with that. I'd swap Dashel for the emmissary.

If you bring Emissary instead of Dashel you can't reactivate the dog to sacrifice it later for better placement. Plus when Dashel gives reactivate, the dog is sacrificed at end of tun, not activation, which means that KJ losses turn and there is possibility that he will die or be tied in combat next turn (especially when playing against Tara or arcanist/Neverborn/Gremlins)

Something I am picturing. There's really a lot of different ways to deliver KJ, but this is what I was thinking about. 

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 4 Pool
 - Embedded (1)
 - Misleading Headlines (1)

- Delegation (1)  
The Printing Press (3)
Brutal Emmissary (10)
 - Brutal Conflux (0)
Killjoy (12)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Papa Loco (7)

Ronin (6)