Butch's other stuff

Butch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually I'm very quiet while painting too. ;)

As promised next one is a more cheerie one. I liked all the flyers when they where released. So I was very happy when at last a Space Wolve flyer was released. I wanted it to get a more aeroplaney style, so I've did some scratchbuilding.

photo-20397-b810b2de.jpg

photo-20394-f6298b87.jpg

photo-20395-bb5f3372.jpg

photo-20396-7fff6afa.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

Nice post.

May I ask you where the mice came from? Some boxed Boardgame or a miniature range I do not know?

As Nikodemus said: Mice and Mystics. If you just want the mice for painting, maybe the actual Kickstarter "Mouse Adventure" from Cartonn Miatures is something for you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Good work, it turned out well.

I don't really have the words or knowledge to give much of a feedback. I enjoy the contrast of a lone white knight surrounded by the numberless dark horde. Night time scene seems well executed. Realistically the knight seems a bit too lit for that, but for mood/atmosphere that works great. With scenes like this I'm always hopeful for the hero... but it does look rather hopeless. Not surprised you named Last Light as an inspiration.

• Thanks 1

Really love the dioramas, mate, especially the 'Meat for the Meadgod'. I think you managed to draw contrast between the lone Space Wolf among the Bloodletters quite vividly, great composure. I love the bloodletters blackish colour scheme, but I think the colours are too close to the terrain making the bloodletters 'blend in' with the environment. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just have a peculiar taste for colour varieties. Great work, keep it going, I look forward for more of your piece!  👍

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 11:24 AM, Snorty Saiga said:

but I think the colours are too close to the terrain making the bloodletters 'blend in' with the environment.

Thanks for the reply. And yes: this is on purpose. I got this sugesstion a lot. But it would change the feeling and atmosphere I was aiming for.

• 8 months later...

And now to something completely different....

I'm reworking my hobby space. Great options for storage are coming from hobbyzone.  As I want my paints not too far away I put them in front of the drawers in a way that I always have an opening to one of the drawer segments.

Look from the inside:
37395036lg.jpg

How it works:
37395032dy.jpg

37395033go.jpg

37395034nt.jpg

• Like 6

@NikodemusThanks for the info about the pictures. The forum where I posted them got a new software and unfortunately all the pictures got lost...

I'll look for a new place to safe them. The host I store pictures like those of my workspace makes them a bit smaller so I want a host where they stay in the bigger size.

• 2 years later...

After a private coaching with Roman Lappat (Jarhead, Massive Voodoo) I was totally hyped to put my new knowledge into a diorama. I had alternative Reva in my drawer for some time and she fitted a 80s style fantasy diorama quite well. The diorama is my interpretation of Frnak Frazetta's "Woman With A Scythe". Colors and most of the color placement I took from the original.

I painted everything with only four colors and black and white. It was great fun and I learned a lot.

Florian06.thumb.jpg.7901f032a807a2e2cfda0aeda834066b.jpg

Florian07.thumb.jpg.c40abf1cc75ecbd85e824700b16b966c.jpg

Florian08.thumb.jpg.e17057092066857480e04a0aff789b71.jpg

Florian11.thumb.jpg.3ae39d6653f80f30c025d04a77959d0d.jpg

Florian12.thumb.jpg.8f5509723d7a1974719f48a37d6c65de.jpg

Florian09.thumb.jpg.341ca97ee766763edb082b1eeeb7a0df.jpg

Florian10.thumb.jpg.b07a3cdd58737d03c07780da8863ce49.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...