Jump to content
Frozen Feet

Von Schill and his Crew

Recommended Posts

Hello Freikorpsmen!

Some "little" questions about Von Schill...

-Which Models do i have to add (remain in the Freikorps theme? / add some Rats etc.)?

-Which Upgrades and auto includes du you usually use?

-Do you use Hannah and/or Anna frequently and if yes, to do what?

-Which Strategies fits best?

-Any pretty 50SS Lists?

 

Thanks and Greetz,

       Tobi aka Frozen Feet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hannah is almost obligatory, ideally with I pay better upgrade for free focus and extra cards. She combos nicely with the Librarian. 

Strongarm is pretty nice, albeit somewhat straightforward. 

Hodgepodge emissary is a hilarious addition,  handing out extra shirts for your Master to rip off)

The crew is well synergised, especially if you can keep the steam trunk alive and play to your strengths (which are survivability, high willpower and good sustained damage with the occasional burst from Von Schill himself). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Vanessa - Lazarus duo with my Von Schill crew, having Lazarus delivering some love with rapid fire and then Vanessa telling him to do an extra action it's very nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been playing him very long but i think Hodgepodge Emissary is an auto-include for me. He can give very useful upgrades out to your other models, do some scheme shenanigans, fight well at midrange, repeatedly let von schill heal/cause horror duels and he lets your crew ignore randomization, which is great for a crew that uses a lot of models in melee AND models in range.

Thanks to the armor and "hard to kill but levi cant break it" his crew tends to be very tough to crack if they have healing, so the librarian is pretty much an auto include for me. So far i believe its best to take freikorps models that will stand near von schill supported by any ranged models you like standing near the hodgepodge. I think I Pay Better can be somewhat overrated with his crew though, as they do have quite a bit of use for their cards and I'm not sure their damage flips are all that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Emissary you don't need to include The shirt comes off on Von Schill since you can attach it ignoring all restrictions. My pick for him is Survivalist as auto-include and then maybe Scramble/Oathkeeper or Hard & Relentless when facing ressers or Neverborn. Engage at will is great when taking Sue or Hans with new upgrade, or when you are planning to use many actions from Steam Trunk (maybe there are some other good models with 2 different (0) actions but I can't thing of any except Nix who doesn't have much synergy with Mr Mustache). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engage at Will can be handy with Rusty Alyce with From the Aether allowing her to turn a 7 and a 10 into an Abomination each turn.

Of course sometimes you want those cards for other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately she costs 10SS which in Schill's case means you'll end up either on 7 models in crew or very low on SS in the pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like running ashes and dust, strongarm and hodgepodge effigy - and putting tally sheet on von schill.  I also like to use multiple ronin with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, daniello_s said:

Unfortunately she costs 10SS which in Schill's case means you'll end up either on 7 models in crew or very low on SS in the pool.

How on earth would you get more than 7 models in a VS crew?  I struggle to hit 7 sometimes!

With outcasts you're pretty much going to take something that costs 10SS, whether it's bishop, Strongarm Suit, Rusty.....too many awesome 10SS models

I use survivalist because....well, von Schill without hard to kill just seems absurd.  Maybe oathkeeper.

I pay better too, it's just awesome. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Von Schill 2 cache

Shirt Comes Off

Survivalist

Oath Keeper

Steam Trunk

Strongarm Suit

Oath Keeper

Librarian

Oath Keeper

Trapper

Trapper

Winged Plague

Winged Plague

Hodgepodge Effigy

That's nine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

How on earth would you get more than 7 models in a VS crew?  I struggle to hit 7 sometimes!

You will find out yourself how it feels when you have activated everything and opponent still has 2-3 activations left including his master and 2 beaters and choosing how to punish your exposed models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I used Von Schill this year, I went with a 7 model crew and never felt I had a problem - I went into games assuming I would be out activated initially and adjusted my play accordingly.  If you take the right models, being exposed becomes less of a problem.

one good thing about the crew was its ability to kill multiple opposing models in one turn, so when it got going it could even the score pretty quickly (in terms of activations).

my build, to illustrate the balance between hitting power and resilience was:

von Schill (oathkeeper, scout the field, tally sheet)

ashes and dust

strongarm suit (scout the field)

johan

2 ronin

hodgepodge effigy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, daniello_s said:

You will find out yourself how it feels when you have activated everything and opponent still has 2-3 activations left including his master and 2 beaters and choosing how to punish your exposed models.

that's what I was saying....that I normally end up being out activated.  I probably use too many upgrades because I've gone into too many games with only 6 models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

that's what I was saying....that I normally end up being out activated.  I probably use too many upgrades because I've gone into too many games with only 6 models.

What's your typical crew look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My power schill list includes the man with survivalist, engage at will, shirt comes off

Two trappers, two librarians, Hannah with I pay better and ancient tomes, and the steam trunk.

It works quite well at everything that isn't interference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2016 at 4:03 AM, Joel said:

When I used Von Schill this year, I went with a 7 model crew and never felt I had a problem - I went into games assuming I would be out activated initially and adjusted my play accordingly.  If you take the right models, being exposed becomes less of a problem.

one good thing about the crew was its ability to kill multiple opposing models in one turn, so when it got going it could even the score pretty quickly (in terms of activations).

my build, to illustrate the balance between hitting power and resilience was:

von Schill (oathkeeper, scout the field, tally sheet)

ashes and dust

strongarm suit (scout the field)

johan

2 ronin

hodgepodge effigy

Out of curiosity why why would you lead with VonSchill there and not say Misaki? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mikey_C said:

Out of curiosity why why would you lead with VonSchill there and not say Misaki? 

Probably because Misaki is too stuck up to take her shirt off

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2016 at 8:25 AM, Khoregard said:

My power schill list includes the man with survivalist, engage at will, shirt comes off

Two trappers, two librarians, Hannah with I pay better and ancient tomes, and the steam trunk.

It works quite well at everything that isn't interference

How are you using too librarians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×