Black Friday Newsletter

Lucidicide

8 minutes ago, Artiee said:

I like that we are able to get access to some new LE models.    But I have to say this again.    These sales (3 times a year) hurt the LGC.   This is less money Malifaux addicted players will spend at the LGC.  With access to all the pre-release models, there is nothing left to buy at the LGC when the $60 promotion comes around.   

Truth. Especially when multiple people already jump on one sale for the limited edition "free" minis. You get four people each throwing money to hit the $300 mark as a group, and some people doing this multiple times, all that money isn't going to an LGS. One store I know stopped carrying Malifaux entirely, and a few others don't keep much in stock besides decks, bases and crew boxes. 

I understand GenCon.   Few other big companies have online access to the same pre-releases as the GenCon attendees do.   It is the other 2 times of the year that is hurts. Easter and Black Friday.
I try hold off from buying pre-releases so I can support my LGC.   I try to buy Shirts and other items the LGC does not order.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Artiee said:

I understand GenCon.   Few other big companies have online access to the same pre-releases as the GenCon attendees do.   It is the other 2 times of the year that is hurts. Easter and Black Friday.
I try hold off from buying pre-releases so I can support my LGC.   I try to buy Shirts and other items the LGC does not order.

Gen Con is always my big purchase for the year and I feel bad for depriving my FLGS that much business, but I've passed up purchasing things at Gen Con before and then they weren't available for another 6 months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eichohrkatz said:

What's the Henchman store? Do you mean the LGS Promotions or is it something special?

It means a Henchman Only section of the Webstore.   It is the section of the store that local Henchman go to get prize support for event they run.

12 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Eventually.

You'll notice that last year's Black Friday specials have become available in the Henchmen store - these as well will do so in time. 

Oops! Made a mistake here! I'd love the models from the Guilder's store to be available for Black Friday purchases. 

Seriously, some people do not have flesh and blood communities or the resser skills to create one!

Since it's only once a year and still costs $$, it shouldn't hurt the community scene. 

I want - want - to say that I remember the store opening sometime Wednesday evening last year. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to give us a timeframe, but even then we'll get a vague estimate. Partly because they might not be sure exactly when they can pull the switch, partly because it helps stagger people and keep the store from experiencing a fullblown meltdown.

I'm a big fan of Wyrd and am looking forward to picking some items up during this special event, but I really do have to say here... I'm not sure why anyone would advertise that the sale will be starting Wed. Nov 23 if the store is not going to be open on Wed. Nov 23 (potentially until some undisclosed time)... it seems like a rather annoying and unnecessary level of secrecy with no real benefit.

If you want to wait to start the sale until the evening on Nov 23 or whatever that is perfectly fine... but just come out and say it, so folks know what to expect.  Keeping the customer in suspense about when the store will be open is not really a popular business model.

I guess one could hazard a guess that they are trying to limit the spike in instantaneous webstore transaction traffic, but I really find that hard to believe... besides, there are other ways of dealing with that issue that don't include misdirection.

Anyways, I'm a fan and will purchase stuff when the store is up... but really, the misdirection is a bit frustrating and unnecessary, so please figure out how to not do it in the future.