It takes a gremlin to build a village

Somnicide

So, I've decided to keep slow journal here of my gremlin village that I'm building.

The plan a basically to make a pretty shantytown looking place with ramshackle buildings (at least one collapsed).

All new work sites need an outhouse, so that was first on the list to build.

I'll be using corrugated cardboard to make the roofs look like tin sheets, but will wait to cut that out until I'm ready to do a few buildings at once.

IMG_1751.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I can suggest you about the roof is it should not look like one sheet (you usually can't find a sheet so big) but multiple sheets. If you want also aim for a bit more realistic effect, on side should be higher to give the roof some angle (in reality will let rain flow instead of sit and creep inside) and lastly you can use some wooden coffee stirrers to simulate the wooden beams where the roof sit on.

A good builder would also add gutters, I don't know if the gremlins really care but it allow you to build a gutter with the barrel to gather the water, that is a characterful piece.

• Like 2

@Kaos

Yeah I originally had more of a slant to the roof but ultimately decided I didn't love it so I made it less extreme - but the complete one is on a slant it just doesn't show too well (it is basically the width of 3 coffee stirrers difference from the high point to the low point). Breaking up the flat piece is a good idea, I will definitely do that when I go back to finish that big one up, and will do for the others, thanks!