Howdy from Hamburg, Germany

Hi guys,

I've just started playing Malifaux and just finished my first full game with my own crew today - I've had two and a half demo games before.

I started out with the Molly crew and the Dead Doxies as an add-on for summoning, I love the models and the style, and I found she's really fun to play, too, even though I lost today's game over trying to remember all her abilities. Any advice, especially on what models go well with Molly, is appreciated. 

I generally take Madame Sybelle (from Seamus's box), a Rotten Belle or two (also in Seamus's box), a Rogue Necromancy, Killjoy, and have some summons available: Punk Zombies, the Drowned, and Guild Autopsies. I tend to use Molly's Forgotten Life upgrade so that she can summon Horrors.

One of my favorite tricks is Killjoy bombing with Molly's summons. Simply summon the cheapest thing you have a card for, and make sure it's just outside range to heal from enemy models. The poor summoned creature dies as soon as it hits the table, dropping a corpse marker and allowing Killjoy to unbury. Molly then uses Accomplice to activate Killjoy, and he charges the juiciest available target. Add the Decaying Aura upgrade to Killjoy to prevent your target from using soulstones to prevent damage or healing (in the unlikely circumstance that they survive a charge from Killjoy).

• Like 1

You're welcome, and I apologize in advance to your opponents. :)

Of course, that trick won't work so well after your opponents see it, but it can give you some ideas for how to run Horror Molly. Also, please do NOT use that on an opponent who is very new to the game. It is a really, really horrific thing to do to someone, and could convince a new player that Malifaux is not the game for them. Against people who are already hooked on the game, feel free to use it, but not too often.

• Like 1

Hello!

when you are going to play the "Killjoy-Bomb", you can  summon a Drowned. With his Finish the Job ability, you have a free Scheme Marker on the board...

Greetz

Frozen Feet aka Tobi .... Location: Uelzen ( between Hamburg and Hannover)

We are a group of 7 Players. If you want to play M2E, you are welcome. ;)

• Like 2

That's particularly nasty. :D 

I'm already deep into reading all the options I have, and I love how this changes all the time depending on which master you are looking at. 

I only have the M2E book - is getting the Wave 2 arsenal pack going to give me all the cards except those in the main book? Or does it still miss some?

The Wave 2 Arsenal deck will give you all star cards and upgrades for that faction which were released in the Crossroads book. For Ressers, that would be Kirai, Molly, and a bunch of nifty stuff that works with them. (The Rogue Necromancy is one of my particular favorites.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, 

I'm from Kaltenkirchen. If you are up for a game shoot me an PM! Let's spread the love for Malifaux *lol*

No seriously, I would enjoy have someone new to play with. As it stands I know about 3-4 people who are playing in and around Hamburg, sometimes more or less active. So some fresh blood will be much appreciated :lol: