Illuminate my Illuminated

gozer

2 minutes ago, skoatz said:

Shenlong and crew.  Hand them fast and focus and they can shoot for the brilliance cloud then charge and have that sweet, sweet +2 damage.

100x this. Throw in Graves and Tannen and you have a "Dragon's Night Out" crew :huh:

Illuminated work really well denying/delaying Hunting Party and for Public Demonstration since they're tanky enough to stick around through a few activations and can come back almost to full when they activate again. Throw in three and say count on your opponent not picking HP or regretting it shortly afterwards.

McCabe can also throw Elixir of life on them and you can watch them heal 3 on activation plus their (0).  Had one at 1wd, go back to 6 that turn, get beat on back to 2wds, McCabe activated that turn *thrown elixir on turn before* and then give him reactivate so he could get right back up to full.  He was holding down an important spot so it was frustrating my opponent a lot.  I have used them with Misaki, Mei Feng, and Yan Lo as well.

I often use them when I need a solid minion and don't want to spend the SS for a henchmen or a costly enforcer.  Also often they can be independent from the master and still handle a lot of what might be thrown at them.  The fact they don't need a master or support to still be durable and threatening means you don't need to babysit them.  Mind you I have a hard time spending the SS for more than 2 also, as 7ss a pop they are not exactly on the cheap side.