THE SWARM! (ramos list inside)

frostwolf428

Morning everyone, so my conscience is getting in the way of using this cute list I made. I'm playing a casual game tomorrow with a friend, one of the only regulars in my local area (so sad:() we play about once a week and we often just make the encounters a few days before so we can think about our crews, I really enjoy the planning and figuring out what to run. Anyway the Encounter is as follows Standard deployment with interference convict labor hunting party exhaust their forces neutralize the leader occupy their turf. He has declared Ressers, I just found out he's running a Molly crew with Sybelle rogue necro 2x dead doxy and 2x croligans

So with these schemes my mind jumped straight to Ramos for Interference (big surprise I know:D) so the list I was thinking of is has follows Ramos electrical summoning arcane reservoir Hans then 8x steam arachnids and one electrical creation.

So for me this list just seems kind of funny and I want to play it for the lolz-GO FORTH MY MASSIVE ARMY OF SPIDERS AND CRUSH ALL WHO WOULD OPPOSE US...oops sorry about that. Maybe it will win maybe not but a little voice in the back of my head is saying that it may just really piss of my friend, He does not have much love for steam arachnids, they have won many a game for me. There are 11-14 activation's turn one (that's counting killing electrical creation and then summoning 2-3 spiders) that's kind of crazy, also both Hans and Ramos don't randomize when they shoot into engagement and when there are a couple spiders latching on (-1 to defence for each spider in base contact) its very easy to hit and flip well.

So should I still run this list? or make a more normal list? (once again it's a casual game so I'm not to worried about winning or losing)

Thanks for the thoughts

P.S Lizzy lovecraft if your reading this...my account was hacked...I plead the fifth I never thought of a list like this...my dog did it

• Like 1

I think it's a matter of who you play and why your playing. I it's a competitive game, I expect to see more streamline list designed to work at winning. Whereas casual games not always is that the case. If your friend really hates facing spiders then you run the risk of being that one player no one wants to play. If he just gets annoyed or your friendship is stronger then that. I don't see why not. You could even it out and tell them ahead of time what your bringing so they can properly plot your demise. That way they can't complain they didn't see it coming. All in all I think its really a judgement call you have to make based on the situation.

42 minutes ago, frostwolf428 said:

P.S Lizzy lovecraft if your reading this...my account was hacked...I plead the fifth I never thought of a list like this...my dog did it

I figured you think of this list every game.  I expect Ramos every time, and curse you Ramos! 

stupid spiders *grumble, grumble*

Seven Crooligans!

• Like 1

I love acolytes they are such great models that slow and discard is really handy, Mctavish is also handy for a list like this since he does not randomize as well and can eat scrap markers for movement and extra actions.

OH! hi Lizzy i did not see you there...so how about that crew? totally awesome and you want to see it hit the table tomorrow right?

True but that's only 3 points so I just have to get more then that, but really though if you don't want me to run is crew i can chance it, or you can change yours to add some blasts or something. its supposed to be a fun game and I don't really want to hurt that. For me I think this list is worth a laugh and gnomezilla (great name) has a point too

5 hours ago, frostwolf428 said:

So with these schemes my mind jumped straight to Ramos for Interference (big surprise I know:D) so the list I was thinking of is has follows Ramos electrical summoning arcane reservoir Hans then 8x steam arachnids and one electrical creation.

So for me this list just seems kind of funny and I want to play it for the lolz-GO FORTH MY MASSIVE ARMY OF SPIDERS AND CRUSH ALL WHO WOULD OPPOSE US...oops sorry about that. Maybe it will win maybe not but a little voice in the back of my head is saying that it may just really piss of my friend, He does not have much love for steam arachnids, they have won many a game for me. There are 11-14 activation's turn one (that's counting killing electrical creation and then summoning 2-3 spiders) that's kind of crazy, also both Hans and Ramos don't randomize when they shoot into engagement and when there are a couple spiders latching on (-1 to defence for each spider in base contact) its very easy to hit and flip well.

So should I still run this list? or make a more normal list? (once again it's a casual game so I'm not to worried about winning or losing)

Go for it! When you see Interference+Exhaust+Occupy in one scheme pool, Ramos is indeed quite a strong pick.

But there's a little tweaking you can try to get a slightly stronger list. Especially since you know which master you're up against, I'd consider altering your list, to make the spiders a little more efficient, thusly:

Steam Arachnids are very daunting for a Molly player (their Evasive ability is amazing against Molly) but they won't last forever if there's Shikome or Punk Zombies tearing into them. Any buffs to their Df would be greatly appreciated. You also will want them to consistently succeed their disengaging strikes to keep enemies stuck to them (good in Exhaust and Interference) and if they desperately need to try kill something on it's last wound (very common against Molly) you need to hit those Ml 4 attacks. 

To these ends, I recommend Field Generator & Under Pressure. They're expensive upgrades, but they buff your spiders so substantially (you're already spending 32ss on Steam Arachnids, so you need to get a good return investment on them) that I think they're almost mandatory. 

You could consider dropping Electrical Summoning to save a ss and an upgrade slot; the creation doesn't really help since it's a peon and needs a tome to summon in. You'll also want his (0) Magnetism free to target Rogue Necro or any summoned Students of Steel (who will be extremely painful for you) since they're constructs.

As for Hans, his ability to shoot into combat is decent, but he's just not as useful as Anna Lovelace. She's well worth the 10ss cost (merc tax inclusive).

She can also shoot into combat without randomising, just like Hans, but has the added bonuses of Rush of Magic, a (0) to displace enemies (top notch in Interference) a powerful anti placement/anti push abilities that absolutely shut down things like Dead Doxies and Sybelle operating close to her. She evens summons more models as she shoots at people.

So my humble suggestions, whilst keeping to the theme of your list, would be: 

- 14ss - Hans, Electrical Summoning, 1 Steam Arachnid.
+14ss - Field Generator, Under Pressure, Anna Lovelace.

• Like 1

Normally field generator and under pressure are auto takes for me with Ramos, they are just so good at turning alright spiders into a serious issue for your opponent. This time I was just trying to pack in as many steam arachnids as possible. the electrical summoning is there is maybe have some fun explosions and to maybe get me a few extra scrap lying around, also I so rarely use it I figured I should give it a little more of a try.

I love the idea of Anna Lovelace I don't really know her card/own her, that's why I did not think of her...damn I can think of SO many games vs Ressers were her aura would have been such a great way to throw a wrench in their plans. Also Hans seems interesting I've never seen him on the table and he was cheaper then McTavish who was my first choice.

but thank you for your suggestions those are some great ideas and I think ill use them.