How tall is Lord Chompy Bits' miniature?

iamfanboy

So I'm trying to choose between Pandora or the Dreamer as my entry into Neverborn. While I do like the Dreamer the most just on eyeball and flavor, the problem is Lord Chompy Bits - specifically, his miniature's actual height.

I've magnetized all my minis for all of my games and have them on trays with risers allowing me to stack them, store them, and transport them. The tallest risers I have are 4.5" tall, and the one I have allotted to Malifaux so far is 3" tall. If LCB is too tall, I may either have to (reluctantly) pass on him, or magnetize his waist for easier transport - an annoying proposition, as it means buying two larger rare earth magnets and creating a padded 'cradle' specifically for his torso.

Or I could just give that whole scene a miss and pick up No Shelter Here.

I'd be reluctant to allot a 4.5" riser to Malifaux, because how many of the minis exceed 3"?

So, the question is - how tall is Lord Chompy Bits' actual miniature from the Hide and Seek plastic set, from base to pointy elbows?

Lord Chompy Bits is about 3.25 inches tall (tall enough that he's the only model I have on his side in my foam at the moment).

The rail golem and LCB are the two tallest figures in my cases at the moment, I think the whiskey golem has a similar height.  The emissaries are probably in the same height range, along with the jurogumo.

I've got mostly 2" foam trays with two or three 3" trays with LCB and the rail golem prone at the moment.  So I'd guess that you'd want to make one 3.5" riser for the tall figures in addition to your current one.

Thanks. I was kind of afraid of that, but I was hoping that he would just baaarely squeak under the limit. But 3.25 inches... hm. I might be able to magnetize his rear arms for storage purposes. Though having him be able to turn at the waist would be sort of neat...

Yeah. Yeah, I'm getting Hide and Seek. I like Pandora, but I'm in love with the concept of the Dreamer, so much so that he's one of my go-to examples for how varied and eccentric Malifaux commanders are. It's too bad his stuff doesn't seem to expand well into the other Neverborn's basic boxes, but that's okay.

7 hours ago, Torsul said:

Maybe I lost something in translation but couldn't you just place Chompy on the topmost tray without another one aboth his head?

Well, yeah, but I'm also building a closed in cabinet where there will be 10 inches of height for the miniature trays (so far I'm at 23 15"x11" trays!), and having him fit into the tray will just make things easier to organize all around - no special exceptions for height, so I can put that tray anywhere.

If I had to, I could always keep Lord Chompy Bits on a tall tray separately (he'll make a fine glabrezu tanar'ri for D&D), but I'd ruther keep them all together. Right now my Malifaux (just a Colette crew and some extras) fits on a tray with plenty of space for a good Dreamer retinue, and probably a third crew on top of that. I really like the look of Nellie Cochrane... though I've been wanting Misaki... and Som'er... and Pandora... and Victorias... and Ophelia... and Mollie... and Jakob...

That's been my problem with Malifaux, really. With Warmachine I could just sigh at how boring all the models look, buy a Cygnar force because Haley2 is the only mini I actually WANTED to paint amongst all of them, and set it on the shelf to play locally if/when other players ask.

With Malifaux? If I could spend a thousand dollars and bury myself in boxes, I would account myself one happy mini painter.

• Like 1

If you want to get really precise he's closer to 3 1/8" this is roughly the upper bound with for most minis, with him, The Rail Golem, The Whiskey Golem, Mature Nephilim all being around this height. The Emissaries are where it can get tricky, with, I'm pretty sure, Shadow being the tallest at ~3.5". However the real problem with the Shadow Emissary is that it's ~5" long