12 Bayou Gremlins?

Gremlin66

I'm sitting here going through my figures and cards. I want to get back to painting them up but work and family have me in the ?!?!? frame of mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been there. Anyway. Was thinking I've got 12 Bayou Gremlins and was thinking how could Somer get them all into play without costing the game. Start with 6 and hope to get the other 6 in?

Somer, Old Cranky, Sammy, Burt and 2 Lighting Bugs with 6 Bayou Gremlins. 

What are your opinions? What would you do? It will be a for fun game. 

44 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Honestly while it's a fun idea I find limiting So'mer to that kind of summoning factory is a bit of a waste. You're losing out on other things he can do, like use his ridiculous gun or drop someone's hand early in the turn.

Well yeah but I think the OP knows that. It's fun (and can be a great learning experience) to see how far you can push one aspect of a particular master. Similarly, it would be interesting to see non-summoning Som'er as the frequency with which Hunting Party crops up means that half the time you're giving away 3 VP if you're not careful.

I'd take show off on something so you can blow your Gremlins up as needed. And Liquid Bravery. I learned the other day how much of a liability Wp4 is :P Might be worth taking encouragement as well so your Gremlins can actually do some damage.

I would ditch Sammy to be honest, she doesn't add much to the crew and costs the same as a Taxidermist who can really do some work with all the corpse markers lying around in that type of crew.

Something else that's fun is Trixie as she has a similar thing to Burt where she can redirect attacks onto nearby Gremlins. So long as Som'er keeps up a steady supply of unfortunate Gremlins, it's almost impossible to take out Trixie and Burt. Have a skeeter nearby adding Rams to Burt's attacks, and combine it with Trixie's triggers to put an absolutely absurd amount of damage on anything near those two.

• Like 2

If you take Samy with the family tree upgrade, Aionius, and some skeetars, you are pretty well set up to summon 3 gremlins a turn, but using using 4-5 of your cards. (Without Aionius its 2 a turn at the cost of 2-3 cards. which is conviently the right number for the slop hauler to heal each turn. Starting with 2 you get to 12 by the last turn, if none are killed))

and you stlll have Sommers AP to do what he wants. 

On 10/24/2016 at 0:48 AM, Adran said:

If you take Samy with the family tree upgrade, Aionius, and some skeetars, you are pretty well set up to summon 3 gremlins a turn, but using using 4-5 of your cards. (Without Aionius its 2 a turn at the cost of 2-3 cards. which is conviently the right number for the slop hauler to heal each turn. Starting with 2 you get to 12 by the last turn, if none are killed))

and you stlll have Sommers AP to do what he wants. 

You could also just use an Iron skeeter to make her fast for a reasonable reduction in resources.

On 26/10/2016 at 7:01 AM, Gremlin66 said:

Slop Hualer over Lighting Bug seems to be the best for healing the bayou boys.

I'd actually disagree with this one. 95% of the time for pure healing, a Slop Hauler is going to be a better choice than a bug. But when you're playing Summoning Som'er, I think a Bug offers you a lot more. When you summon with Som'er, at least on turn one you're probably going to be using all 3 AP to summon, meaning you'll end up with 6 Bayou Gremlins, all having taken 2 damage. A Slop Hauler is going to spend 2 AP to heal four of them, and even though you can bayou two card any weaks, there's still the chance of flipping weak - weak for healing. So overall you've healed four of your six anywhere from 1 - 2 wounds each. Also, if you need your slop hauler to move up the field to keep up with your crew, they'll need to reckless and take an extra wound. The upside here though is that if you black joker any single healing flip you only lose out on 1-2 wounds of healing. On the other hand, you've very likely put up a Do It Like Dis! aura for masks, so you can have a Lightning Bug attack Som'er (or Lenny or another tall Gremlin - just make sure it's one within :pulse3 of all the summoned models, it's why I tend to hit a Ht2 or 3 model so it's easier to set up LoS), the target relents and you declare the mask trigger on the attack. Provided you don't flip the Black Joker for damage, you trade 2 damage on a bigger model who can take it for a full heal on all six of the summoned gremlins. It also only costs 1AP so you can walk up afterwards or if you did get unlucky and BJ the damage, you can go again without having had to reckless. 2 damage on a model isn't that bad, particularly Som'er since he's so hard to kill, although if you're worried, just give him Dirty Cheater and he'll be back to full in no time.

• Like 1