The Dreaded Auto Pick

hydranixx

Just now, Vorschlag said:

Which is brilliant for story archs because otherwise a lot of battles don't make sense.

I love the civil war starting up in Neverborn  (helps that I like Titania and dislike Lilith) in the same way I love the family feuds and uneasy peace with gremlins (which helps that I like Somer and dislike Ophelia...not half as much as I dislike Tucket though)

Sorry...going off topic there.

The vignette for The Brewmaster in Ripples of Fate and the wavering loyalties (or disagreement on how to accomplish goals) of many other personalities helps a lot with the intra- and interfaction strife.

21 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

The vignette for The Brewmaster in Ripples of Fate and the wavering loyalties (or disagreement on how to accomplish goals) of many other personalities helps a lot with the intra- and interfaction strife.

Plus it's great for me because I play Gremlins and not Thunders 

On 29-10-2016 at 0:40 AM, Vorschlag said:

Which is brilliant for story archs because otherwise a lot of battles don't make sense.

I love the civil war starting up in Neverborn  (helps that I like Titania and dislike Lilith) in the same way I love the family feuds and uneasy peace with gremlins (which helps that I like Somer and dislike Ophelia...not half as much as I dislike Tucket though)

Sorry...going off topic there.

Off topic but interesting opinion.

Honestly though I think it makes a lot of sence for both. Imagne an alien invasion and how the whole world would stand up against it, despite the several arguements between nations right now. The same applied to WWII aswell, it's not like all nations where besties to begin with.
Even if you dilike somebody but he's of your same nation, blood or country you usually work together if it's for the better interest of that nation, blood or country. It's actually common in history that exactly that happened with greater distress/war/battle. 

As another example, Perdita doesn't seem to be a fan of Guild Guards in her last encounter with the old Governer, however I highly doubt they'd shoot them on sight if they happened to assist her during a Latiago invasion of Neverborn ;). To me it makes a lot of sence that in-faction problems are set aside for battles. 

13 hours ago, JDAntoine said:

To me it makes a lot of sence that in-faction problems are set aside for battles. 

Agreed in large scale battles factions would be more likely to pull together.

However in regular skirmishes the uneasy alliances seem less likely to hold and if anything can detract from the theatre of the mind and story based element "if" the pairing becomes a common or regular occurrence.

(in my opinion)

Ideally I'd like to run a mapped campaign with tight story arches which support this style of story telling and have uneasy alliances play out not only within factions but between them as well.