Hank hired by Hoffman..

Frozen Feet

Hey Construct Fans!

Hoffman is able to hire Howard Langston.

So do you say this is a good option for his Crew?

And if it is, what to build around Hoffman and the Big Guy?

Which tactic works best?

Which upgrades do i have to take?

How may a 'generic' 50SS Crew  look alike?

Many questions....

Regards,

Tobi aka Frozen Feet

*uncontrolled, gleeful giggling*

Q: What's worse than Howard Langston in an Arcanist crew with Imbued Energies?

A: Howard Langston being machine puppeted to be fast every turn. ^_^

With Guild's new, shinier general upgrades, we now have options such as "paralyze-immune Hank" (*licks tears off of Pandora's face*) and "min damage 5 this turn Hank", which is a new twist since Hoffman's modifications were generally useless to him, Programmed Directive into Mark for Death excepted. (And being a construct without a native 0 action, he was also a valid carrier for Dampening Field, but his upgrade slot has superior options now.)

Also he's the Ml7 donor to many power loop recipients.

Also, and related, now that you're paying for Arcanist Assets you may as well buy the 3ss upgrade/activation known as the mobile toolkit, and whatever else tickles your fancy. My fancy is Ml7 steam arachnid swarms, kept topped up for the positive flip to damage.

• Like 4

I had a hard time including him when we already had one of the best beaters in the game, the Peacekeeper, who, thanks to the Guardian was already Ml 7 and Df 6, and could get nimble from the Hoff.  Now, I'm thinking of trying him out again with these new upgrades.  And there's no reason not to take the Peacekeeper, Howard, and the Brutal Emissary and just go to down ruining your opponent's day. :)

• Like 3

Howard is great with the Hoff, give him armour 2 and numb to the world and he'll be insanely survivable with all the heals you can throw around and will murder everything with all the extra ap. Throw in a Guardian for defensive +2 every turn for extra insurance. 

Also look at taking the Rail Golem, it's downside is is terrible stats,  guess what Hoffman fixes? 

• Like 3

Yeah, I think that Hoffman really benefited a lot from Numb to the World given he's usually better off with elite lists; it has made his heavy hitters all the more daunting.

Peacekeeper with Condition Immunity and Nimble?

Howard with that and Armour +2?

Pretty spoopy.

Too bad forced movement and armour pen still wrecks him pretty hard though.

• Like 2

Go for it! Granted I do think that generally speaking if you want to start out going with mixed boxes might sometimes give you an incorrect impression of what a faction can do.
A Peacekeeper roughly fills the same shoes as Howard and likewise. Howard is a bit better and also comes in at some additional SS...

While I also just started out and got multiple boxes I currently stop myself from mixing it up too much. There are certainly Outcast pieces that can be added for fantastic results but other than that Howard seems very much optional in a large size box of 'hard hitters' altough hitting hard usually isn't where Guild's weaknesses lie.

So go for it if you have the models, Howard looks awesome with Hoffman and Ryle but so does the Peacebringer. From my newbie perspective Guild doesn't favour the elite approach as much as the Arcanists do however, by large because we do not have easy acces to "quality-rewarders" which handsize 7 and Johan are in my honest opinion (commonly found with Ramos). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDAntoine said:

So go for it if you have the models, Howard looks awesome with Hoffman and Ryle but so does the Peacebringer. From my newbie perspective Guild doesn't favour the elite approach as much as the Arcanists do however, by large because we do not have easy acces to "quality-rewarders" which handsize 7 and Johan are in my honest opinion (commonly found with Ramos). 

Hoffman is a bigger quality rewarder than handsize 7 by far, and there is no reason you couldn't bring Johan if you take arcanists constructs as well. Hoffman and Ryle have the M&SU tag as well.

• Like 4