Rusty Alyce (10)
- From The Aether (2)
McTavish (11)
Freikorps Librarian (7)
Arcane Effigy (4)
Watcher (4)
Watcher (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

I had not seen that combo for lazaurus I like it that could work too!!!

thank you

3 hours ago, Starrius said:

So watcher does become a better choice then?

I guess so, if you want to go ore cover. I don't really play Leve though, so I'm far from an expert! It seems like the stonesught be better spent on a belle or so.ething to drag things out of cover though, as a belle might have more general utility moving your own stuff around tol? Like I said though, not a leve player...

On 2016-12-07 at 4:05 PM, Nukemouse said:

To a certain extent though every master in the game is "worse" by taking their thematic crew, they all have a "more optimal" list you could somehow make. The game's well balanced more or less but of course some models and combos are just better and they wont fit every theme. I wouldn't worry too much about it being perfect, you can still run a functional thematic list and its fun to vary and explore beyond the core theme anyway, most masters run some of their thematic crew plus some other stuff in a combination!

I don't know about this.  There's plenty of masters who work perfectly well, even optimally, with their thematic crew.  Rasputina, Marcus, the Dreamer, and the Hoff are good examples.  There are only a handful of thematic crews that are just plain bad, like Mah Tucket or Lucius.

As for Levi, I'd hate for him to become "the Rusty Alyce box set" in the same way that Mah Tucket kind of became the "Trixie Belle box set."  My own thoughts on the subject are to do one of the following:

• Put Channeling back the way it was, but up the damage it deals to him to 3.  That way he only gets two boosted attacks, and it's easier for your opponent to shut him down by attacking him before he activates.  This would be a reasonable compromise and easy to test its effectiveness.
  • Completely redesign Unmaking so that its damage is secondary to triggers and handing out conditions.  Anyone who's ever been on the receiving end of Nellie's Propaganda spell can tell you that the damage it deals is nothing compared to the grab bag of built in triggers.  For instance, what if Unmaking put a condition on the target that gave it the equivalent of Industrial Nightmare or Caustic Aura, causing them to potentially hurt themselves and other friendly models whenever they activate?
  • Like 2

I'm a new player. I've been playing almost 4 months, so with that In mind I've never used anything but the current rules for levi so my experience is based off of playing it solely as this.

I feel the focus from channel feels my only wish is that it ignored cover.  With cover his second attack is getting more likely to miss and forces most of the time to do a second focus.

With people suggeting belles to lure and myself with watchers to ignore cover I think it shows that cover is the only issue.

If leve's attack literally had ignores cover I'd be happy. For me the attack pattern would be 1 attack doing probably 4 damage or half health then a second attack doing 2 or 3 damage with the choice to do a 3rd.  I would be happy with this because of ignoring all the reductions.

When it comes to his health because I haven't tried his old style of play which I have read about the new stat like seems a bit of but I can work with it and have been, but with the changes I feel like the stat line that he has been given doesn't line up with how he works.

This could be more out of line with you players with more experience but I thought maybe a newer players view which is more from fresh eyes might be worth it in this discussion.

Leveticus is so far one of my favorite masters to play because of the choice of crew and the whole waif mechanic is so different to other masters

• 2 weeks later...

What are your guys' thoughts on Leveticus in smaller games?

I've been generally struggling with the 35ss format.

Here's what my core would look like:

Leveticus - with Oath Keeper, To the earth return, Desolate soul

Sue - with Return Fire

Hodgepodge Effigy

Good things to add/swap?

I was initially reluctant to use Desolate Soul, but turned out it greatly compliments the new Leveticus paradigm of scavenging smaller models and turning them into cheap activations and (0) denial.

Effigy seems like a good cheap way to get extra stones that go for hand manipulations and intitative reflips.

Ideas?