Henchmen program

I looked at the henchmen program and it could interest me. Not in the immediate future since I'm just starting and I want to get grip of the game first, apart having the 2 required starters.

I read through the informative on the website, make sense to me in general, but there is something that left me a bit perplexed. It's about the requirement of one event per month.

Looks like you need to maintain a quite taxing schedule and since our starting group isn't going to be too large and we also play other systems, I think one event per month is a bit overdoing it.

Because let's be honest, I want people to keep playing also other systems and avoid burnouts (I'm suffering for burnouts myself ATM, since I played a game very competitively and now I feel very drained after I won the club tournament, I think this is the reason also I'm looking at another system).

So it's the one event per month a strictly requirement or just a guideline?

We have 2 stores in my area that regularly do Malifaux. The henchmen work together and essentially alternate months to do big events, while also making sure they're doing game night (with demos) once a week each. I think the amount you're actually able to do is dependant on your meta. Even with the number of players in our area, we end up with low turnout sometimes. 

I think we're looking at 5 or 6 players at the club. There are other clubs but I think we can come together once every 2 or 3 months. So pushing it every month I do expect a low turnout and if the turnout is too low people will start losing interest quickly.

Add to this we do not have any local suppliers of miniatures and things become more complicated.on

We don't work with stores, because there are none supporting what we usually play, but we have a club in a nice venue. We run already 4 major systems at the venue, so there is already a lot happening.

Our game nights are essentially pitch and play, you come with your toys and find an opponent on the flight or schedule a game with someone. But we generally do not impose a specific system during specific days, to make sure everyone can play what he prefer. Most of people come with different game systems so they can be sure to get a game.

Of course firstly we need to see how things go, then we can think of build a proper environment. We are still waiting for our models to come form the US.

Well, I do believe that having one event a month is recommended, you are only treated as "Inactive" henchman and removed from the official list after six months of inactivity, so you could start with having events just once every few months. Also, during those multi-system gaming nights you could give demos to anyone willing to see the game who's not yet in and report those demos. I'm sure you if you decide to apply for position in a program, you will be able to work something out with Brian, he is very helpful and wants this program to help build communities, not enforce anything on them.

Yeah we prefer if you can manage at least one event per month, but especially with a newer or smaller playgroup this can be challenging. Demos do count as events. This makes it easy for you to grab a person here or there and give a Malifaux demo. 

I look forward to eventually seeing your application!