Ringsnake's Game Boards and Terrain

ringsnake

On 11/12/2016 at 3:09 AM, Sandmann said:

The board looks really good, except the soulstone veins. Maybe it's because the color is like that of the foam, but it looks... unfinished to me. Like you tried cutting into the board to make a rivulet. But that's just, like, my opinion man :D. Otherwise, looking good!

I agree. I'm going to nail it with black to make it look more like a bottomless crevasse and obscure the hard straight edges. In the meantime, here is a bladehenge:

WELL CRAP ATTACHING THE GALLERY IMAGE ISN'T WORKING. LINKIES: 

And here is concept art of the real thing from the video game:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/steamtradingcards/images/0/0b/Bladehenge_artwork.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131115190409

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks great, Ringsnake!  Having the hills a different color could be a 'feature' if you want to distinguish blocking terrain from the otherwise level-ish but rough surface.  The mine looks better with the new color, I think.  In terms of other terrain, how about some mining structures around that part of the board?  Maybe a wooden structure with a rope and pulley to haul out the soulstone ore.  A rail track across the board with a rail car or two on it, and a wooden stop thingy at the mine maybe?  An abondoned camp could have all kinds of structure in it. 

• Like 1

I'm currently working on a mine entrance that's turning out pretty well. It's more a scenic element that might have some amusing custom scenario options. It's just a big hill that's really wide and flat on one side so that it can be pushed up against one of the board edges. 

I want to create a scenario where every turn Crooked Men emerge from the mine and attack both sides.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2017 at 6:46 AM, Sandmann said:

Looking good!

But shouldn't the wooden supports, you know, actually support the rocks and stuff above it? Atm, they look a bit tacked on.

It's more a failure of photography. The dirt does extend over and around the supports. It'll look better when painted.

Hopefully...